Bloodhounds CFB GameWeek 6

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
actually had a decent wk with posted plays...but a great wk with sides and parlays that I didnt get to post....lots of ML parlays that dont pay well but close to a sure thing as one can get these days and a couple of ML dog plays that hit
wk six matchups are the best of the yr imo. I look forward to some great games Saturday

Thursday
later

Friday
later

these were played on the open, or as close to the open as my big fat fingers could type and mouth talk @ BOL & 5D & BK
pts were bought on most, i'm tired of losing by one damn pt
Saturday
Miami Florida +1.5 x1
Indiana -13 -130 x2
East Carolina -34 -130 x10
Memphis +7 -120 x1
Virginia -4 -120 x2
West Virginia -24 x2
Marshall -17 -130 x4
No Illinois -130 x3
South Alabama -4 -130 x1
South Carolina -7 -120 x2
Ball State -2.5 x half
Bowling Green -5 x2
Colorado State -13 -140 x5
USC -9 -120 x2
Auburn -9 -110 x5
Navy -4 -120 x2
Oklahoma -3 -160 x3
Tennessee U +1 -110 x2
Baylor -12 -120 x10
Alabama -3 -140 x5
Texas A&M +1 x2
UCLA -12 -120 x4
Louisiana Tech -12 -120 x1
Middle Tenn St -16 -110 x1
California +4 -110 x3
Rutgers -3 -110 x1
Tex San Antonio -17 -140 x1
Arkansas St -9 -110 x1
Clemson -13 -120 x5
Michigan State -9 -130 x2 added two more @ -7, I made this a 13pt game
Georgia Southern -16 -130 x5
Boise State -1 -120 x2

added
Stanford pk -110 x5...a thorough look at this and it looks like a 7 pt game, even on the rd

thats about it, there are a few that I may add to if line moves in my favor but the above are played

GLTA

Last edited:
Blood I watched a lot of the 2H of the Ole Miss game on Sat night and came away unimpressed with their offense. Maybe some of it had to do with it just being a flat spot for them but they just did not seem to execute very well. Their defense though is for real. Curious what you made the line in Bama/Ole Miss? It opened pretty close to where I figured it would.

Blood I watched a lot of the 2H of the Ole Miss game on Sat night and came away unimpressed with their offense. Maybe some of it had to do with it just being a flat spot for them but they just did not seem to execute very well. Their defense though is for real. Curious what you made the line in Bama/Ole Miss? It opened pretty close to where I figured it would.

10 to 14 and lean heavily towards the 14 or more...as much as i have cussed and discussed Kiffin, (yes, I still think he is an asshole) he is a major part of Bama's success and he will have a offensive plan ready for OleMiss . I would/could not have said that before I saw him work. OleMiss is eratic and I see Bama finding their flaws quickly. Still not sure Bama want lose one this yr though, but it want be this one. The only reason I didnt make it a dime play is because of lack of unlimited funds and I have two other dime plays going. I'm sure this line will bounce around as their will be many touts on OleMiss
GL TiM

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts Blood and I would agree about Kiffin that he is an asshole, but he looks to be making nice progress with Sims. I thought Sims really turned the corner and played a fine game vs. Florida. His pocket awareness has increased markedly, since the beginning of the season imo and I think he really knows now when to pull it down and go. And I am glad to see that one of those dimers is on Baylor. I really like that one.

I see the same thing you do on a several, Blood. I jumped on a three I really like and see another half dozen I have a strong lean on. I'll watch developments on the others until Friday night. I think the line may go my way on all of them. May go my way on these three too, and if it does, I'll take some more at the new number.

Stanford -1 x10
Oklahoma -4 x6
Bama -4 x4

Had a good week in Week 5. I like it a lot better--and handicap a lot better--when conference games start.
Week 5
Ariz St +4x lose
Tennessee +17 win
Arkansas +14 x4 win
Washington +8x x4 win
TCU -32 x2 win
Money Line bets:
Michigan State win
N Dame win
Virginia Tech win
Penn State lose
Week 5
7-2
Season
29-10-1
Multi-Unit Bets 8-2
Max Bets 0-0

gl hound. I can't find the one we differ on .. assume it is akron and you just haven't played it or I am missing it in the list.

Good luck this week you old hound.

Nice week 5 Tahoe.

best of luck Hound
Thanks Capt, U to buddy

gl hound. I can't find the one we differ on .. assume it is akron and you just haven't played it or I am missing it in the list.

Good luck this week you old hound.

Nice week 5 Tahoe.

Kyle, Congrats on another Great wk!! Yes it is the Zips, It will be a small play but never like to be opposite of U ...I see almost a 200yrd better running game and and a better passing game. When I graded this game Akron had the advantage at every position. and just watching bits and pieces of the Zips vs PennSt and Pitt I was impressed with their D slowing both of these tms down. I read where EMich qb Roback may be out and with many injuries and suspensions EMich appears to be a depleted tm. Still hoping to get -20 without buying a pt as 21 maybe a fair price for both but I will be on Akron small for one @ 20 or less.
Thanks and GL MrClown

I see the same thing you do on a several, Blood. I jumped on a three I really like and see another half dozen I have a strong lean on. I'll watch developments on the others until Friday night. I think the line may go my way on all of them. May go my way on these three too, and if it does, I'll take some more at the new number.

Stanford -1 x10
Oklahoma -4 x6
Bama -4 x4

Had a good week in Week 5. I like it a lot better--and handicap a lot better--when conference games start.
Week 5
Ariz St +4x lose
Tennessee +17 win
Arkansas +14 x4 win
Washington +8x x4 win
TCU -32 x2 win
Money Line bets:
Michigan State win
N Dame win
Virginia Tech win
Penn State lose
Week 5
7-2
Season
29-10-1
Multi-Unit Bets 8-2
Max Bets 0-0

Tahoe, Congrats on another good wk. And always good to see we agree on those three plays. Hope we are not against any and look forward to the rest. Ur 10U play on Stanford is very interesting. I lean that way also but only for two but I will take another look. I was waiting for the Irish fans to move this line a bit before I jumped but I do think ND's weaknesses get exposed this wk against a very good Standford tm but I always hate to play the westcoast teams when they come east.
BOL and always look forward to the feedback

I'm the same on west to east teams, Blood and I hate giving points on the road. It makes me wonder if it is even possible for me to win all three of the games I picked with all three giving points on the road, but I'm going to balance them with some dogs by the weekend.

And I hate to lay even a single point with Stanford because Shaw will lose a game before he will open up the offense at all. He lost to Michigan State and USC because of this blind spot he has about trying to show more macho in the running game than the other coach.

Plus, even though his kicker has lost at least five games for him by missing easy kicks (he missed a chip shot against Washington and I have no doubt he will do the same against Notre Dame), he will still quit trying on offense when he gets inside the 30 and just run up the middle three times and let the kicker try one. He lost his bowl game his first year by doing exactly that and he had Andrew Luck at the time!

So Stanford is not risk free by any means, but I like them this week because I don't see what N Dame can do to move the ball against them. N Dame can't run the ball against even a weak rush defense and Stanford has one of the best rush defenses in football. They are going to have to throw to win and they are going have to do it with their QB under pressure every play.

Stanford was looking past Washington to this game (that's why I took Washington last week) so I think they are up for this one. I think Stanford has the best rush defense (that's the first thing I look for), best scoring defense, (second thing I look at), best total defense, the best QB, the best running game, and I don't think they have played their best game this year.

N Dame has the better coach and the better kicker, which is why I didn't make it a max bet.

Let me know what you think after you evaluate it. By the way, I also think N Dame fans will eventually move the line so it may be a better number by the weekend.

Mr. Hound, i see were u took SC-7/2X . I think the cats will be a tough out this wk.Not the same team were used to. Not even close to the capping skills u have ,but i will be suprised if they (sc) cover this #.BTW thats the only play iam opposite.Think there is no let down on the vols(love the play). No way in hell they come out flat, more worried about being to damn high .Special teams is coming around.Worley is fine!! As u know this is the sec and anything can happen. GL w/ all plays .Memphis only had like 104 total tds Sat. i think score was 7-3 w/10min. to go.i probably havent said a damn thing u didnt already know so as always gl bud.

Hey Blood, do you know what's going on with the Huskers/Sparty game? I see the line was MSt. -13 when you posted on Sunday. This morning it's down to -8...

would love to back south bama, but the hands on those receivers are still giving me nightmares from the southern game.

also wonder where you put app state's defense against south bama? the linebacking corps of app state makes me think south bama is gonna have trouble with the crossing routes they love so much.

gl blood.

I agree with everything that u just stated. A few more thoughts on my part. Both tms will struggle to score, even with ND finding some offense this yr. Golson is still making to many mistakes even though the talking heads on tv want to throw him into the Heisman race. He and ND O has not seen anything like Stan D since last yr and I dont see ND with any more than 14 at the most. I believe that Stanford players match up well and if coach Shaw can overcome his stubbornness in the redzone they will win this game 21-14 imo.
I'm the same on west to east teams, Blood and I hate giving points on the road. It makes me wonder if it is even possible for me to win all three of the games I picked with all three giving points on the road, but I'm going to balance them with some dogs by the weekend. And I hate to lay even a single point with Stanford because Shaw will lose a game before he will open up the offense at all. He lost to Michigan State and USC because of this blind spot he has about trying to show more macho in the running game than the other coach. Plus, even though his kicker has lost at least five games for him by missing easy kicks (he missed a chip shot against Washington and I have no doubt he will do the same against Notre Dame), he will still quit trying on offense when he gets inside the 30 and just run up the middle three times and let the kicker try one. He lost his bowl game his first year by doing exactly that and he had Andrew Luck at the time! So Stanford is not risk free by any means, but I like them this week because I don't see what N Dame can do to move the ball against them. N Dame can't run the ball against even a weak rush defense and Stanford has one of the best rush defenses in football. They are going to have to throw to win and they are going have to do it with their QB under pressure every play. Stanford was looking past Washington to this game (that's why I took Washington last week) so I think they are up for this one. I think Stanford has the best rush defense (that's the first thing I look for), best scoring defense, (second thing I look at), best total defense, the best QB, the best running game, and I don't think they have played their best game this year. N Dame has the better coach and the better kicker, which is why I didn't make it a max bet. Let me know what you think after you evaluate it. By the way, I also think N Dame fans will eventually move the line so it may be a better number by the weekend.

CC, I always respect ur opinion and I want ur feedback. good thoughts CC. In my opinion, while the #s dont support my SoCar play,Offensively, the game matches up the Kentucky Wildcats No. 65-ranked offense (31.5 PPG) against a South Carolina Gamecocks defense that ranks No. 98 at 33 PPG. The Kentucky Wildcats passing attack has averaged 290.5 yards per game, more than the South Carolina Gamecocks give up through the air (275.6 YPG on average).Comparing defenses, the South Carolina Gamecocks has the league's # 53-rated front 7 in terms of stopping the run, allowing 156 yards per game when on the road. Kentucky, on the other hand, rates #52 rushing yards at home. Those # certainly make a case of ur WildCats. But sometimes we have to go against the #s :) USC has played a really tuff schedule so far and imo if SoCar executes Spurrier's gameplan(and thats a big 'if' of late) then they will beat Kentucky by 14. I think USC D will slow the Cats. Now that all-purpose yardage leader Stanley 'Boom' Williams has been suspended, I have to like USC more. Love Tenn this wk but like u said, anything can happen in the SEC as the heart of the schedule gets started. I think Memphis is very under rates and their D will help cover this spread this wk BOL my friend and btw, once again , I love ur avatar....so relaxing to view in this world that we live in

Hey Blood, do you know what's going on with the Huskers/Sparty game? I see the line was MSt. -13 when you posted on Sunday. This morning it's down to -8...
Zane, I just chked and that -13 # is a mistake. The 13 # is what I though the game would be. Sorry for the misspost but it doesnt change my feelings on game. I actually have MichState -9 -110 played @ 5d @ 8:27 Sun Nite.
Still a bad # with present line @ -7 but I just added two more for a total of 4
I guess people are thinking rb abdullah and qb armstrong can keepup with with the 'new and improved' MichSt offense. I dont think they stand a chance but it looks like the line move puts me in the minority...but of late it seams I have a reserved seat there.
Thanks for catching that
GL pard

would love to back south bama, but the hands on those receivers are still giving me nightmares from the southern game.

also wonder where you put app state's defense against south bama? the linebacking corps of app state makes me think south bama is gonna have trouble with the crossing routes they love so much.

gl blood.

I understand ur concern Elbutre. I made So Ala a 6-7 pt fav and I'll stand by that #. While I agree that AppSt is better than Idaho, SoAl and their QB are getting better by the wk and I think they can cover this with their defense which is holding their opponents to season scoring and rushing lows. I was leaning toward the over here but upon 2nd look I am like the under 49
Thanks and GL my friend

gl blood.

I understand ur concern Elbutre. I made So Ala a 6-7 pt fav and I'll stand by that #. While I agree that AppSt is better than Idaho, SoAl and their QB are getting better by the wk and I think they can cover this with their defense which is holding their opponents to season scoring and rushing lows. I was leaning toward the over here but upon 2nd look I am liking the under 49
Thanks and GL my friend

I'd love to find that number you got on SC, Blood, but no luck so far. I may still play SC and Virginia Tech tomorrow morning, but all I've bet so far is my original three, plus two dogs and three money line bets. Do you have any thoughts on Virginia Tech?

Stanford -1 x10
Oklahoma -4 x6
Bama -4 x4

Added
Kentucky +4
aTm +2x
Money Line bets
W Virginia
Oklahoma State
Georgia

Saturday morning--Added SC -11x. I don't like that number and almost took them on the money line, but finally decided to lay it.

Good luck Blood and all you other pickers.

Last edited:
BOL Tahoe
I just emptied my BETUS acct on Bama ML -230 383 Alabama* -230 vs Mississippi 1114/500
I have ur 1st three plays in a big parlay also

I'd love to find that number you got on SC, Blood, but no luck so far. I may still play SC and Virginia Tech tomorrow morning, but all I've bet so far is my original three, plus two dogs and three money line bets. Do you have any thoughts on Virginia Tech?

Stanford -1 x10
Oklahoma -4 x6
Bama -4 x4

Added
Kentucky +4
aTm +2x
Money Line bets
W Virginia
Oklahoma State
Georgia

Saturday morning--Added SC -11x. I don't like that number and almost took them on the money line, but finally decided to lay it.

Good luck Blood and all you other pickers.

played a few PROPS for the Bama game, I play these kind of props every wk but never post, though i would for this game
801 Over 21½ Completions -120 x1
803 BAma Over 2½ TD Pass+Int Thrown -120 x1
805 Henry Over 53½ Rushing Yards -110 x2
807 Yeldon Over 73½ Rushing Yards x1
809 Cooper Over 120½ Receiving Yards x1
811 Cooper Over 7½ Receptions x1
1015 Longest TD in game Over 49½ Yards x2
1056 Alabama 1st to 10 pts -160 x2

Bama by quarters
383 Alabama* -½ -110 vs Mississippi for 1st Quarter x1
383 Alabama* -½ -115 vs Mississippi for 2nd Quarter x2
383 Alabama* -½ +100 vs Mississippi for 3rd Quarter x2

and
383 Alabama* -3 -110 vs Mississippi for 1st Half x4

Thank you! How is your day going? Mine will be defined tonight. I am only rooting for G Tech cuz canes1 was giving me grief in my thread and Miami is playing G Tech hence the post. Who are you liking tomorrow in Niffel? BTW, I only wish I was half as pretty as Stana Katic - she is detective Kate Beckett on Castle (TV show). But you can picture me that way if you want! Sweet dreams!

Thank you! How is your day going? Mine will be defined tonight. I am only rooting for G Tech cuz canes1 was giving me grief in my thread and Miami is playing G Tech hence the post. Who are you liking tomorrow in Niffel? BTW, I only wish I was half as pretty as Stana Katic - she is detective Kate Beckett on Castle (TV show). But you can picture me that way if you want! Sweet dreams!

I dont count the $$ till Sun morning. to much going on gameday
we all have our ways but canes1 can be an ass sometimes. I'm sure U are tuff enough to handle it. In one ear and out the other :)
I played Phillie and NO for two each, Dal, Det for one and waiting on Den, SF ,Sd and NE to move some more in my fav. Det Over 44. Giants Ov 49, Indy Ov 47, Jak Ov 45 all x1
As far as the pic, I like u for what I read between the lines as a sweet, considerate honest person...but the picture is very nice for an old man like my self to admire. I rarely dream any more but I still have fantasies :) :)

BOL Cruse
btw, the leaves are just turning color herein the Smokies and I am driving to StAugustine,Fl Mon so may not be around much next wk

His canes lost/are losing so fine by me. I just like this forum as the jerks are very few and far between, and I create 1 post and get that crap. I don't need it. I am nice and supportive of everyone. And I am tuff! Michigan didn't win but covered!

The leaves are changing here in Michigan - crappy weather though. My Aunt and Uncle have a time share in St Augustine- must be nice and warm. I see you are in western Tenny - it's beautiful there! How is the dog after the snake incident? My puppy decided to chase a rabbit around the neighborhood last night @ 11:30...I'm sure the rabbit was pretty safe as she wouldn't know what to do with a live animal in her mouth! I will visit your NFL thread tomorrow - I like your overs. I should have a few bucks to play with. Thanks for being a gentleman!

Back