wk 5 27-27-1 +14.15U
wk 6 31-24-1 +13.51U
wk 7 42-22-2 +31.66U
wk 8 38-23-1 +38.1U
wk 9 48-27-1 +48.2U
wk10 33-47-2 -17.23U
wk11 53-30-1 +43.42U

wk 12
These were played on the open Sun nite. Looks like really good plays may be hard to come by this wk. I still like these plays at present # if not noted
CenMich -10 x2
Akron -3 -120 x2
West Kentucky -14 -130 x4 ..max 17
LSU +4.5 -110 x2
MidTennSt -23 -110 x2
NC -6 -110 x5
Ark -3 -120 x2
Navy -10 -120 x5
SoMiss -20 -110 x4
UL LAff -13 -110 x2 max 14
ColSt -1 -120 x1
Aub -31 -120 x2 max 34
Iowa -19 -120 x2 max 21
SD St -12 -120 x1

GLTA

Great job last week Blood, and nice win for Bama. Sorry to see Drake get hurt and hope he gets back for crunch time. I really like Navy this week. BOL my friend.

TuesDayNiteFootBall

302 Bowling Green* -7 -105 vs Toledo x1 ...this line is moving down and we prob see 6.5 by game time but Im satisfied with the seven for now and add a couple of more if I see -6 BG should have 150yd better rushing in this contest. BG is avging 45.5 ppg on 585 yards per game (414 passing, 171 rushing. BG is allowing their opponents to average 28 ppg on 438 yards per game (270 passing, 168 rushing) and they have a plus 12 turnover margin.Toledo is avg 35 ppg on 468 ypg (251 passing, 216 rushing).Defensively, Toledo is holding opponents to an average of 19 ppg on 375 ypg (261 passing, 114 rushing).Both tms have played well this season with the Rockets @ 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record and 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 conference games. The Falcons are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 conference games and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games.My # says BG by 12 but I think is closer to 9-10

304 Ohio* -8½ -110 vs Ball State x1 Ball St has dropped six of seven and they coming off of a 54-7 defeat at Western Michigan where they struggled on both sides of the ball. Ohio became bowl eligible last game. Their yardage stats say they should have 160 more total yards in this game but one can never tell in these Mac games. I have it a 10-12 pt game

Blood...Outstanding work last week, much appreciate your insights.

Looking at Penn State this week, at home, off a bye, getting 4 to 4.5. Michigan's struggled of late on the road at Minnesota and IU, each contest could have gone either way and we saw that one in Bloomington, a tough, 2OT game. I trust Hackenburg a lot more in Happy Valley, I love Saquon Barkley and the PSU defense is really good, especially that d-line. Seems like a FG game here that could go either way. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Great job last week Blood, and nice win for Bama. Sorry to see Drake get hurt and hope he gets back for crunch time. I really like Navy this week. BOL my friend.
Thanks Tim, I had a call today from a former tmmate saying that LaneKiffin will be the Terps new HC...let me know what u hear from ur end
Drake will be back for SEC Champ game.
Glad we agree on Navy, I made it 17 tops. Tulsa need the game for their bowl chances and believe it or not, they haave the total yds rushing adv in this game....but on the other hand, Tulsa's D isnt prepared to handle Navys opt allowing over 220 ypg and 27 rushing tds.

great stuff last week blood, BOL this week
KSimp, Thanks and it looks like U had a great wk urself, good work Continued success K

Beautiful work Blood
Thank U Sir Bum, still waiting on that house warming invite :)
GL pard

Blood...Outstanding work last week, much appreciate your insights.

Looking at Penn State this week, at home, off a bye, getting 4 to 4.5. Michigan's struggled of late on the road at Minnesota and IU, each contest could have gone either way and we saw that one in Bloomington, a tough, 2OT game. I trust Hackenburg a lot more in Happy Valley, I love Saquon Barkley and the PSU defense is really good, especially that d-line. Seems like a FG game here that could go either way. Any thoughts?
Frank, Thanks. I fully agree that PennSt has a good chance of winning this game outright if they can find a way to get 3 td cause their D will hold Mich to under that. Let me look at it deep and I wll say more but its at +4 now so I will hit it for one and may add a bit more later. I need to look at some indivule matchups 1st. GL

good grief blood, stack the $$
havent see u around the last wk, Hope all is well, GL

keep doing what you do (clover)
Thanks Capt, Who u rooting for this Sun in the finale?? GL

BG vs Toledo should be a good one! GL
Wise, Do U have a lock on the total tonite?? I agree it should be a great game and I lean Over but 72 is a bunch

Thanks guys

Just promise me that one day you'll put pen to paper and break down the process so that the rest of us might gain some insight.

Seems a little redundant to keep saying 'unreal' but... 'unreal'.

:cheers3:

Just promise me that one day you'll put pen to paper and break down the process so that the rest of us might gain some insight.

Seems a little redundant to keep saying 'unreal' but... 'unreal'.

:cheers3:
Thanks hugh
I will make sure that U, my friend, have a personal invitation to the First Annual Sports Capping Symposium in Las Vegas. Along with my presentation, I will provide detail handouts with all of my capping techniques and also good sources for my ''crystal balls'' that I use extensively in my endevour to find winners.

:shake:

Sorry blood. I didn't see your question until late. I had both team totals over. Gotta split. Unbelievable how the total hit right on 72

Wednesday Nite Football

306 Northern Illinois* -140 vs Western Michigan x2
305 Western Michigan/Northern Illinois* Over 59 -120 x1 ...I think this has possibilities of being a tight game all the way thru but I do like NoIll to pull the win out. Weather will play a part in this game...just dont know how much with 17 mph wind and rain but will still take a chance on this Over 60 as my # is 67

307 Central Michigan* -10 -110 vs Kent State x2 ...played on the open
307 Central Michigan/Kent State* Under 41 -110 x1 ...again weather to think about here with 13 mph wind and rain. I think with KentSt non existent O CM will cover this by 17 and keep Kent under 10.It never easy to play under 41 but with these two tms this could be a 24-10 game so I go that way

Unlike last nite, I like these plays enough for a few parlays...but one never knows with the MAC
par

1. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 305 Western Michigan/Northern Illinois* Over 51 -325
  2. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 306 Northern Illinois* -145 vs Western Michigan
  3. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 307 Central Michigan* -6 -220 vs Kent State
  4. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 307 Central Michigan/Kent State* Under 49 -300
Risking 100 To Win 330

par

1. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 305 Western Michigan/Northern Illinois* Over 51 -325
  2. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 306 Northern Illinois* -145 vs Western Michigan
Risking 100 To Win 121

par

1. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 307 Central Michigan* -6 -220 vs Kent State
  2. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 307 Central Michigan/Kent State* Under 49 -300
Risking 100 To Win 94

par

2. 11/18/2015 8:00 PM College Football 307 Central Michigan/Kent State* Under 49 -300
Risking 100 To Win 74

GLTA

i'll be rooting for Gordon, and that's odd considering how much I couldn't stand the bastard years ago. He's a good guy and it would be a nice way to sail into the sunset.

i'll be rooting for Gordon, and that's odd considering how much I couldn't stand the bastard years ago. He's a good guy and it would be a nice way to sail into the sunset.
As much as I have cussed Gordon, I am afraid I will have to root for him also. I happy to have Lagano and his daddy to root against now GL Capt

2nd half
306 Northern Illinois* pk -105 vs Western Michigan for 2nd Half x1

305 Western Michigan/Northern Illinois* Over 28 -120 for 2nd Half x half

2nd half
307 Central Michigan* -3 -110 vs Kent State for 2nd Half x2
307 Central Michigan/Kent State* Under 24½ -130 for 2nd Half x half

havent see u around the last wk, Hope all is well, GL

dam hot water heater line cracked in my florida condo, what a pain in the ass with water going in other units

ThursdayNiteFootball
311 East Carolina* -13 -122 vs Central Florida x2
311 East Carolina/Central Florida* Under 54 -110 x1
I have hesitation on even playing this game. CenFl is gosh awful bad(0-10 and 0-6 in AAC)and very hard to even watch, even as much as I love football and ECar isnt playing much better even though they need this game to continue their quest for a bowl.When I 1st saw this game listed I immediately though this could be a 4 U play but looking at tm and individual matchups, they will be lucky to win by ten pts....but yet I played it for two. Im playing this mostly on feel as ECar has but a small advantage in stats and this play is in no way a recommendation!!

I like the looks of your early picks this week, Blood. I haven't done my homework yet, but I have a strong lean to LSU and Arkansas.

I hate to give points on the road (1-5-1 when I do), but Navy looks good to me. If I give road points with any team this week it will be Navy.

Didn't see you had a pick on Oklahoma State/Baylor, but Oklahoma State will be my main pick this week. Might make it a max bet. I'm waiting because I know the line is going to go my way (already has a point or two). Oklahoma will be another if it is on the board and the spread isn't ridiculous.

Good luck on Iowa, but no way I'm betting them again. I had them last week against Minnesota and I was shocked at how easy it was for the Gophers to move the ball against them. Iowa scored on a long run with about 2 minutes left to cover and I was sure that was the end. Instead, Minnesota scored on four pass plays in less than a minute and every receiver was wide open and zero pressure on the QB. Good luck, but I'm through with Iowa.

I had a good week last week, won my max bet on Oklahoma, the biggest bet I've made all year, and the only other multi-unit bet I had was on Arkansas.

You saved me money last week. First, you caused me to rethink my blind urge to bet Auburn, then when you put a max bet on Bama I dropped my pick on Miss State to one unit. I would have had a big loss on those two.

That's why I like to read your thinking, and the thinking of the other handicappers. I sometimes just come up with a pick based on nothing but hot air. Reading you and the other pickers brings me back to solid ground. Thanks to you all.

Week 11
4-3
Season
66-24
Multi-Unit Bets
34-5
Max Bets
3-0
Units For Week
+12.70
Units For Year
+116.90

Tahoe - Many thanks for your insights. This is an outstanding thread with the combined thoughts of you and blood.

Interested to hear more on your Okie State thoughts as I love this play. Baylor is hurting - down to 1 DT (Bonds and Blackshear are out, and there’s Billing left at < 100%). They’ll likely have to pull a redshirt this weekend. Baylor also has 3 DBs (including 2 cover safeties) that either won’t play or will be playing injured. Mason Rudolph’s strength is going vertical, see the TCU game. With Baylor’s secondary issues, we may see a repeat. Offensively, there was going to be an issue with Baylor’s when Russell went down, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which was the QB side of the zone read going away. Russell was a big threat as a runner, now with Stidham the only option at QB, you’re not seeing that. And you really won’t now that Stidham’s dinged up with a back issue. Given OSU’s pass rush and Stidham’s health, it’s likely going to impact the Baylor play calling when he’s throwing this weekend. Stidham just cannot afford to take a bunch of hits in this game.

Stillwater at night is such a tough place to play. I’m not enamored with the spot Okie State is in w/ Bedlam next up. But I’m less enamored with Baylor’s health issues and an inexperienced, dinged up QB in that environment. Unless OSU wets the bed and turns it over a lot, I like them to win this game.

Thur nite addition

I held off posting this hoping a revelation would come to me...but not to be
313 UL Monroe* +7½ -145 vs Texas State x1
313 UL Monroe/Texas State* Over 59 -110 x1
Unless questioned, I want go into detail with this game. Whether my play is for a half U or ten units, I have done my homework and on this game I come up with "Pick one, Any one'' and root. Lets call it a 3 pt game one way or the other. My # on the total is 64

Sometimes you need just one more sip for those revelations to come, Blood. Good luck tonight...

We got 16" of snow on Tuesday, just beautiful. How's your weather this time of year?

I like the looks of your early picks this week, Blood. I haven't done my homework yet, but I have a strong lean to LSU and Arkansas.

I hate to give points on the road (1-5-1 when I do), but Navy looks good to me. If I give road points with any team this week it will be Navy.

Didn't see you had a pick on Oklahoma State/Baylor, but Oklahoma State will be my main pick this week. Might make it a max bet. I'm waiting because I know the line is going to go my way (already has a point or two). Oklahoma will be another if it is on the board and the spread isn't ridiculous.

Good luck on Iowa, but no way I'm betting them again. I had them last week against Minnesota and I was shocked at how easy it was for the Gophers to move the ball against them. Iowa scored on a long run with about 2 minutes left to cover and I was sure that was the end. Instead, Minnesota scored on four pass plays in less than a minute and every receiver was wide open and zero pressure on the QB. Good luck, but I'm through with Iowa.

I had a good week last week, won my max bet on Oklahoma, the biggest bet I've made all year, and the only other multi-unit bet I had was on Arkansas.

You saved me money last week. First, you caused me to rethink my blind urge to bet Auburn, then when you put a max bet on Bama I dropped my pick on Miss State to one unit. I would have had a big loss on those two.

That's why I like to read your thinking, and the thinking of the other handicappers. I sometimes just come up with a pick based on nothing but hot air. Reading you and the other pickers brings me back to solid ground. Thanks to you all.

Week 11
4-3
Season
66-24
Multi-Unit Bets
34-5
Max Bets
3-0
Units For Week
+12.70
Units For Year
+116.90
Tahoe, Thanks for the kind words. Glad U had another good wk. I did not play the Bay/OkiSt game on the open because my two sets on #s went against each other(Oki by 3 and Bay by 4) and when that happens it takes a lot more digging. Thanks to Franks post below which helped alot. I have enough info now to make OkiSt a two U play wining by 6 with a total of 72
On the Iowa pk, I made it 21to 24 but feel like everything is going the Hawkeyes way and even with Purdue better than their record shows I have to think I have Iowa with over 200 yrd total yrd rushing advantage. which allows me to make a two U play. GL and I look froward to ur plays

Tahoe - Many thanks for your insights. This is an outstanding thread with the combined thoughts of you and blood.

Interested to hear more on your Okie State thoughts as I love this play. Baylor is hurting - down to 1 DT (Bonds and Blackshear are out, and there’s Billing left at < 100%). They’ll likely have to pull a redshirt this weekend. Baylor also has 3 DBs (including 2 cover safeties) that either won’t play or will be playing injured. Mason Rudolph’s strength is going vertical, see the TCU game. With Baylor’s secondary issues, we may see a repeat. Offensively, there was going to be an issue with Baylor’s when Russell went down, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which was the QB side of the zone read going away. Russell was a big threat as a runner, now with Stidham the only option at QB, you’re not seeing that. And you really won’t now that Stidham’s dinged up with a back issue. Given OSU’s pass rush and Stidham’s health, it’s likely going to impact the Baylor play calling when he’s throwing this weekend. Stidham just cannot afford to take a bunch of hits in this game.

Stillwater at night is such a tough place to play. I’m not enamored with the spot Okie State is in w/ Bedlam next up. But I’m less enamored with Baylor’s health issues and an inexperienced, dinged up QB in that environment. Unless OSU wets the bed and turns it over a lot, I like them to win this game.
Frank, Thank U to for the kind words and also for ur thoughts on the OkiSt game. Ur thoughts enabled me to make whayt I think to be the proper play on OkiSt.
And on the PennSt game, I looked deeper into it and I fully agree. I played PennSt -4.5x2 and the ML x1
Ur insight is always appreciated here my friend

Great post Frank.

Frank, that is a great summary of some important factors on the Okla State/Baylor game. I took those factors into account, but to me there is another that has me thinking of a max bet--Bayor's defense can not get off the field against a good team. That has been part of their program for a long time and they just don't seem to be able to solve the problem. And that was before the injuries. And it becomes a bigger problem on the road.

Then there is the fact they have not beaten a good team this year. Even worse, they have not even played a good team until they played Oklahoma. They have some great athletes, and they have blinding speed, but until they show me they can stand up to a good team I will continue to bet against them when they play good teams. In my mind the essence of Baylor was the bowl game against Michigan State last year.

You raise a good point about the fact Ok State plays Oklahoma next, and that is always a bigger game to Oklahoma State than it is to Oklahoma, so it is possible they may look past Baylor, but I doubt it. For one thing, Baylor beat the crap out of them last year. For another, they have covered almost every year in the game before they play Oklahoma since Gundy took over. Gundy has done a good job every since he has been there at getting them to concentrate on the game they are playing. I think their look ahead was last week. They were flat against Iowa State because they were already getting ready for Baylor.

The one negative I see is that while Baylor can't stop the run, Oklahoma State hasn't had much of a running game. They seem to have found a way to get around that by playing Walsh (backup QB) more and letting him do most of the running. He is a damn good runner and the other backs seem to do a better job when he is in the game.

And they are good at home. They win more than 75% of their home games SU under Gundy, and that's all they have to do in this one.

Add in the fact that Stidham is just a freshman--and they seem to be afraid to take the wraps off him or let him run the ball--and this looks like a lesser version of the Baylor offense. In fact it looks to me like Kendall Briles is a more cautious play caller than Montgomery was, so even before the starter got hurt they looked like they had slowed down from their style in past years.

Looks like a good bet to me.

Sometimes you need just one more sip for those revelations to come, Blood. Good luck tonight...

We got 16" of snow on Tuesday, just beautiful. How's your weather this time of year?
Zane, I have been keeping up with ur weather, Wish I was there to enjoy the beauty with U my friend. I still have crosscountry skies and snow shoes :) though to damn old to enjoy. We normally get a small snow around Halloween in the higher elevations here in the smokies but so far nothing but flurries. I'm in the process of packing up and wintering cabin this wk and will head south next wk. Was hoping for a good snow before I leave but only flurries forecast for Sun nite
I know I owe u a couple of emails, be patient and I will try to answer in a few wks. Take care pard.

GL this week & always
Thanks Cash, U keep those emails coming, I know we coming up on ur busy season but not many left for U before U join the retirement ranks GL with All

FriDayNite Football

lets get these two out of the way so maybe I can find time to go thru Sats slate of games with some thoughts

316 South Florida* +3 -130 vs Cincinnati U x1
316 South Florida* +115 vs Cincinnati U x half
315 Cincinnati U/South Florida* Over 64 -110 x1
I was definitely impressed last wk with SoFl 43-22 beatdown of a very good Temple tm. They have a RB back that Cinci want stop along with a good D that will slow Kiel and his BearCats enough to pull off this cover and ML win imo

318 Boise State* -10 -140 vs Air Force x1
317 Air Force/Boise State Over 55 -110 x1
Boise gets two option tms back to back and 3 in 4 wks After losing last wk at home I think they will be ready for AF and their Opt this wk I like this to 14 and 58

2nd half...311 East Carolina* -7 -130 vs Central Florida for 2nd Half x1....tuff bet when a tm is this far ahead but CenFl just dont have it

I hope someone else is seeing ECU 2H like I am UCF looks to have thrown in the towel, and Holman may not be back at QB, we'll see. Without him, they have even less a prayer of scoring. Ruffin McNeal on the other side seems to be in full throttle mode. If that continues, this could get really, really ugly.

Frank, that is a great summary of some important factors on the Okla State/Baylor game. I took those factors into account, but to me there is another that has me thinking of a max bet--Bayor's defense can not get off the field against a good team. That has been part of their program for a long time and they just don't seem to be able to solve the problem. And that was before the injuries. And it becomes a bigger problem on the road.

Then there is the fact they have not beaten a good team this year. Even worse, they have not even played a good team until they played Oklahoma. They have some great athletes, and they have blinding speed, but until they show me they can stand up to a good team I will continue to bet against them when they play good teams. In my mind the essence of Baylor was the bowl game against Michigan State last year.

You raise a good point about the fact Ok State plays Oklahoma next, and that is always a bigger game to Oklahoma State than it is to Oklahoma, so it is possible they may look past Baylor, but I doubt it. For one thing, Baylor beat the crap out of them last year. For another, they have covered almost every year in the game before they play Oklahoma since Gundy took over. Gundy has done a good job every since he has been there at getting them to concentrate on the game they are playing. I think their look ahead was last week. They were flat against Iowa State because they were already getting ready for Baylor.

The one negative I see is that while Baylor can't stop the run, Oklahoma State hasn't had much of a running game. They seem to have found a way to get around that by playing Walsh (backup QB) more and letting him do most of the running. He is a damn good runner and the other backs seem to do a better job when he is in the game.

And they are good at home. They win more than 75% of their home games SU under Gundy, and that's all they have to do in this one.

Add in the fact that Stidham is just a freshman--and they seem to be afraid to take the wraps off him or let him run the ball--and this looks like a lesser version of the Baylor offense. In fact it looks to me like Kendall Briles is a more cautious play caller than Montgomery was, so even before the starter got hurt they looked like they had slowed down from their style in past years.

Looks like a good bet to me.

Thanks for your feedback, Tahoe. In time, we'll see Stidham display (great) running skills. He did it at the Texas high school level. Just think it's too risky now as Briles really has nothing behind him at QB.

Tim - Thanks, and much appreciate your continued great insights.

While he's supposed to start, we're seeing consistent reports locally about uncertainty of Stidham's status for tomorrow. As you see below, Baylor is in bad shape should he not be able to play.

Stidham was injured during the first drive of Baylor's game against Oklahoma last week in Waco. The Stephenville native was hit from behind and suffered some major bruising in his back. A further MRI revealed no structural damage. Briles did express concern during Wednesday's media availability about Stidham's potential to go during the weekend, saying the freshman had not progressed like the team hoped. Stidham is the only pure scholarship quarterback on the roster with Seth Russell out for the season with a fractured vertebra. Should Stidham struggle to go, Baylor will bring in Chris Johnson at quarterback -- he was moved to wide receiver during the offseason.

http://www.sportsdaydfw.com/college...ham-will-start-baylor-oklahoma-state-saturday

added another U on
318 Boise State* -10 -118 vs Air Force x1 total of two

par

1. 11/20/2015 8:00 PM College Football 315 Cincinnati U/South Florida* Over 57 -400
  2. 11/20/2015 8:00 PM College Football 316 South Florida* +7½ -320 vs Cincinnati U
  3. 11/20/2015 9:30 PM College Football 317 Air Force/Boise State* Over 47 -325
  4. 11/20/2015 9:30 PM College Football 318 Boise State* -430 vs Air Force
Risking 100 To Win 165

Saturday Update
these played on the open
CenMich -10 x2
Akron -3 -120 x2
West Kentucky -14 -130 x4 ..max 17
LSU +4.5 -110 x2
MidTennSt -23 -110 x2
NC -6 -110 x5
Ark -3 -120 x2
Navy -10 -120 x5
SoMiss -20 -110 x4
UL LAff -13 -110 x2 max 14
ColSt -1 -120 x1
Aub -31 -120 x2 max 34
Iowa -19 -120 x2 max 21
SD St -12 -120 x1

added
PennSt +4.5x2
and the ML +155 x1
OkiSt -1 x2

Last edited:
347 Illinois* +5 -110 vs Minnesota U x1
347 Illinois* +180 vs Minnesota U x half
Yeah I know that Mini has surprised but I like the better QB and RB for Ill

Any thoughts on UCLA this weekend? Utah losing Booker at RB is huge. Without him, that offense almost solely rests on (very unsteady) shoulders of Wilson. He's already prone to mistakes and bad decisions, and now without his security blanket / workhorse Booker? And UCLA has been outstanding on the road, 11-1 straight up in their last 12 away from Los Angeles.

356 Wisconsin* -9 -130 vs Northwestern x1 I think Wisconsin has the better all around tm + they are off of a bye

Any thoughts on UCLA this weekend? Utah losing Booker at RB is huge. Without him, that offense almost solely rests on (very unsteady) shoulders of Wilson. He's already prone to mistakes and bad decisions, and now without his security blanket / workhorse Booker? And UCLA has been outstanding on the road, 11-1 straight up in their last 12 away from Los Angeles.
I like the fact that UCLA is +200yds better than the competition on the rd and they are still in charge of their destiny and I think there may be a little revenge factor from last yr. Their D is banged up but they still have enough to hold Utah under 24-27 and I think Ucla will get at least 31
397 UCLA* +3 -130 vs Utah x1

Got three so far, Blood.

South Florida +2x x3
Okla State -1 x5
Oklahoma -10 x5

I have a couple more, but I want to check the weather first. Big snowstorm in some locations.

Back