wk 3 16-16-1 +2.2U
wk 4 30-29-1 +7.6U
wk 5 27-27-1 +14.15U
wk 6 31-24-1 +13.51U
wk 7 42-22-2 +31.66U
wk 8 38-23-1 +38.1U
wk 9 48-27-1 +48.2U

Wk 10
I worked hard trying to be ready for opening lines and there just wasnt much to play imo.
Tues
Toledo -7 -120 x2

Wed
BG -14 -130 x1

Thur
Buffalo -2 -105 x1
Nevada -3 -120 x3

Fri

Temple -11.5 -110 x4
Rice -6 -120 x3
BYU -12 -110 x2

Sat
Illinois -1 -120 x1
Duke +9 -120 x2
Western Kentucky -22 -110 x4
TexTech +9 -130 x2
PennSt +4 -115 x1
Tulsa -14 -110 x2
Iowa -6 -110 x4

Notre Dame -8.5 -110 x3
Florida -19 x2
Okla -24 -110 x1

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Blood. Do you do your totals at the same time? I've been finding some value for betting totals early, as well as looking at the 7 day forecast.

Btw, I'm still waiting to hear about the bear tales, when you get some time...

:cheers3:

Iowa and WKY were the ones that jumped out to me and like Bama at -5.5. Missed the 22 on WKY, great line there. Hope you have a great week my friend.

I'm not betting any early ones, Blood, but I like several of yours. I went back and did the math on my picks so far this season and I'm below 50% on the handful of bets--seven--I made on the open, and far, far better when I wait until the weekend. The more information I have the better I handicap.

The one pick of yours that stands out to me is Temple. I know they were sky high for Notre Dame and they will probably sleepwalk through the first quarter. Won't surprise me if SMU is up 14-0 the first quarter--similar to the way Memphis came out against Tulane--but they will get going and cover with ease. If they had won they might sleep until the fourth quarter, but since they lost I expect them to get fired up pretty early. I probably won't bet it--I hate to give any points on the road, let alone the 14 it is now--but I think the odds are in your favor on that one.

The rest I don't have a feel for yet, but I see at least three others where I will likely go the same way as you did.

I had a good week. Lost one, but most of the others went my way without much suspense.

Week 9
TCU -14 x2 Win
Florida -2 x2 x8 Win
Wash State +11x x4 Win
Syracuse +19x x5 Lose
Navy -7 x4 Win
Okla St -2x x2 x2 Win
Money Line
Clemson Win
Notre Dame Win

Week 9
7-1
Season
53-19
Multi-Unit Bets
25-4
Max Bets
2-0
Units For Year
+85.70

Check in with you later in the week and see what you are thinking.

Thanks for the post Blood. Do you do your totals at the same time? I've been finding some value for betting totals early, as well as looking at the 7 day forecast.

Btw, I'm still waiting to hear about the bear tales, when you get some time...

:cheers3:
Thanks Zane, I dont know if the early post are doing anyone good or not but they are here if someone wants to bounce their #s off them.
I capp the individual tms coming up with the # of pts I think each tm will score against their opponent and then calculate the total from there. I do that two times with different criteria for the 2nd set.Then I look at those two sets of #s. If they are close I have a set of #s to go with. If one set is way off then I have to go back thru the Calcs again and try and determine why and decide which is the more realistic #. My totals are not as good as my sides but there are always a few that jump out and then I have to start looking deeper at possible injuries and weather. I normally dont get to post opening totals as they come out while I am in the woods hunting and the good totals move faster than anything else so to get the value one needs to be ready to pounce. We will have college baskets soon and one can get some really good # there. On the other hand, I seldom play a puck total until near game time so I know pretty well whose in the net and who is resting. I take a chance on the NFL and play opening # if it opens on a key and if I think they are going to move against me.

Iowa and WKY were the ones that jumped out to me and like Bama at -5.5. Missed the 22 on WKY, great line there. Hope you have a great week my friend.
Glad we agree on those two Tim. I didnt see a single game that I thought deserved a nickle or more, even the ones that have moved in our favor. Lots of nagging little injuries this time of the yr that really slows a tm down. I hope we both find a lot of winners this my friend GL

I'm not betting any early ones, Blood, but I like several of yours. I went back and did the math on my picks so far this season and I'm below 50% on the handful of bets--seven--I made on the open, and far, far better when I wait until the weekend. The more information I have the better I handicap.

The one pick of yours that stands out to me is Temple. I know they were sky high for Notre Dame and they will probably sleepwalk through the first quarter. Won't surprise me if SMU is up 14-0 the first quarter--similar to the way Memphis came out against Tulane--but they will get going and cover with ease. If they had won they might sleep until the fourth quarter, but since they lost I expect them to get fired up pretty early. I probably won't bet it--I hate to give any points on the road, let alone the 14 it is now--but I think the odds are in your favor on that one.

The rest I don't have a feel for yet, but I see at least three others where I will likely go the same way as you did.

I had a good week. Lost one, but most of the others went my way without much suspense.

Week 9
TCU -14 x2 Win
Florida -2 x2 x8 Win
Wash State +11x x4 Win
Syracuse +19x x5 Lose
Navy -7 x4 Win
Okla St -2x x2 x2 Win
Money Line
Clemson Win
Notre Dame Win

Week 9
7-1
Season
53-19
Multi-Unit Bets
25-4
Max Bets
2-0
Units For Year
+85.70

Check in with you later in the week and see what you are thinking.
Very nice Tahoe. That flSt game was a real pisser. Cuse +19 sure looked good but they didnt show up. FlSt payed of big in the 2nd half for me. A very satisfying wk 9 overall for the ole hound, lot of small parlays hit on bought pts.GL

Great job nailing another week BH as I truly applaud your consistency and due diligence to be able to nail the right side of the early ones time and again.

I agree about the opens this week as I only jumped on wky at 22 and ncsu at 1. Nothing else jumped out like usual so only two on the card so far, but expecting a play or two in the sunbelt as well this week along with a couple totals.

Always enjoy your threads, keep killin it man!

Hey Bloodhound,
Crazy off week for my Tigers. Mauk is now out for the season. (Not exactly the same approach as Ohio State.)
Doubt we will score more than a couple FG's on offense against Miss State.
This has to be a big emotional let down for the defense. Our best hope for a TD will be on D or special teams.
If the total is more than 30 the under should be solid.
Sorry about the GA game. I didn't realize that the Georgia offense was that bad.
I really don't see us scoring more than 10 - 13 without a defensive score.
Too bad for the program after two great years.
Mr Ed

Blood, I appreciate the reply last week! You were right, tailgating in not quite the same out there in PAC12 country. The south just knows how to throw proper tailgates. Still a fun game non the less. I did hit the University of Washington bet of -4 vs Arizona like you recommended. Stayed away from the over due to the weather, so thanks again for the reply as you helped me make some coin yet again. You have been killing it old man. Keep it up!

PS- Excited for College Hoops this season. Ready to crush those SEC bball plays like last year.

-Chub

Very nice work bloodhound, I look forward to reading what you're on and seeing your results week to week! I wish you were my neighbor, I'd love to learn from you.

TuesDayNite Football

302 Toledo* -7 -120
vs Northern Illinois x2
301 Northern Illinois/Toledo* Under 61 -110 x1

Northern Illinois (5-3, 3-1) has represented the Mac West in the league championship game the past five seasons, beating Toledo (7-0, 4-0) on the way each year. Toledo has lost just eight MAC games in the past six years, five of them to Northern Illinois. No Ill has averaged nearly 51 points while winning its last three. It has MAC's best rushing offense with Bouagnon, who averages a league-best 107 yds and is tied for third in the country with 14 rushing touchdowns.
Following Northern Illinois, the Rockets play Central Michigan (4-4), Bowling Green (6-2) and Western Michigan (5-3) - teams that are a combined 11-1 in MAC play.
Wow, reading the above prob makes one want to side with Northern Ill tonite
But I dont think so. Even adding these facts, No Illi won its last five games with Toledo. The underdogs are 4-2 vs spread in last six series games- average total in last five is 75.2. Toledo is 7-0 this season, winning MAC home games 38-7/63-20- they ran ball for 269 ypg the last four games, all wins by 14+ points. Huskies scored 51 ppg in winning their last three games and they scored 38+ points in all five wins, 19 or less in losses by 7-3-10 points.
This year Toledo is 7-0 and the Huskies are 5-3.
Toledo's last 2 victories came against teams with a combined 2-15 record but they did beat Arkansas and Iowa St. this year. QB Ely leads them with 15 TD passes while RB Swanson leads Toledo which is ranked 60th in total offense with 5 TD's. In fact, Toledo has a couple of backs that are rushing for over a 100ypg in the last few games and they want be stopped tonite.Ely was intercepted three times in the first half at UMass on Oct. 24, when the Rockets trailed by 18 at halftime. He then led five straight scoring drives in the second half, finishing with a career-high 355 passing yards and five touchdowns in a 51-35 win.They have a good run defense but a questionable pass defense but good enough to win this game at home.I think the over all experience level at all positions gives them the advantage. I think Toledo gets close to a 100 more yrds passing and rushing tonite, enough to warrant a 9 to 10 pt win imo.

1. 11/3/2015 8:00 PM College Football 302 Toledo* -310 vs Northern Illinois
  2. 11/3/2015 8:00 PM College Football 301 Northern Illinois/Toledo* Under 68 -300
Risking 200 To Win 153

1. 11/3/2015 8:00 PM College Football 302 Toledo* -310 vs Northern Illinois
  2. 11/4/2015 8:00 PM College Football 304 Bowling Green* -13 -325 vs Ohio
Risking 200 To Win 150

1. 11/3/2015 8:00 PM College Football 301 Northern Illinois/Toledo* Under 68 -300
  2. 11/4/2015 8:00 PM College Football 303 Ohio/Bowling Green* Over 61 -275
Risking 200 To Win 164

Great job nailing another week BH as I truly applaud your consistency and due diligence to be able to nail the right side of the early ones time and again.

I agree about the opens this week as I only jumped on wky at 22 and ncsu at 1. Nothing else jumped out like usual so only two on the card so far, but expecting a play or two in the sunbelt as well this week along with a couple totals.

Always enjoy your threads, keep killin it man!

Thanks U very much Blue. Thank U for the kind words. GL this wk

Really have to assume Duke is in kill mode after the last game. BOL
NC is a decent allaround tm and will play well but I agree that Duke should be pissed enough to put forth the extra effort. I have some beer $$ on the Duke ML also A +270

Hey Bloodhound,
Crazy off week for my Tigers. Mauk is now out for the season. (Not exactly the same approach as Ohio State.)
Doubt we will score more than a couple FG's on offense against Miss State.
This has to be a big emotional let down for the defense. Our best hope for a TD will be on D or special teams.
If the total is more than 30 the under should be solid.
Sorry about the GA game. I didn't realize that the Georgia offense was that bad.
I really don't see us scoring more than 10 - 13 without a defensive score.
Too bad for the program after two great years.
Mr Ed
MrEd, Hope all is well with U my friend. I have looked at this game a couple of ways and I'm tend to believe that if Mizzou 's D plays well, a couple of TDs will keep this game close enough to win with a FG in the last min.I'm think seriously about playing the dog and Under here again. I always appreciate ur inputs and Go Tigers GL

awesome blood,love the early post
Thanks U MrOB GL

Blood, I appreciate the reply last week! You were right, tailgating in not quite the same out there in PAC12 country. The south just knows how to throw proper tailgates. Still a fun game non the less. I did hit the University of Washington bet of -4 vs Arizona like you recommended. Stayed away from the over due to the weather, so thanks again for the reply as you helped me make some coin yet again. You have been killing it old man. Keep it up!

PS- Excited for College Hoops this season. Ready to crush those SEC bball plays like last year.

-Chub
Thanks for the update. I thought about u out there having a good time :).Hope u stayed out of trouble... Appreciate the kind words.
College baskets are not far away. Hope we have another good yr GL this wk Chubster

Bloody, we have to do a vegas handicap convention for you to teach what you do.
LOL, Wise, the handicapp convention is only included in the premium package. See the tout site for info :) :)
...but thanks for the thought

keep killing it blood, you da man
lets hope my crystal ball keep producing :) GL ksimp

Very nice work bloodhound, I look forward to reading what you're on and seeing your results week to week! I wish you were my neighbor, I'd love to learn from you.
Thanks blackjack...lots of yrs behind all of this ....but still lose way to many. Not many big plays this wk so we will have a bunch of parlays with pts bought. GL

GL Blood :shake:
U to MrSteed

Capt, Thanks buddy, that was a helluva nascar race at Martinsville..not a Gordon fan but was kinda happy to see him win and advance in his retirement yr GL

Last week was a good one for a lot of us, and I thank you for leading the way, mr hound.
It appears that you have some good numbers that I can't duplicate this week.
Still too early in the week for me to reach my decision points.
Best of luck.

WednesDay Nite Football

added 3 more Units to
304 Bowling Green* -20 -110 vs Ohio x3 now a total of 4

I dont like the present # of 68 on this total...I think it somewhere between 60 and 84 :) I played Over 61 in the par above but will prob leave the 68 alone but lean over

I see you didn't take a position on Clemson/FSU, Bama/LSU, or TCU/Ok State. Those are the three biggest games this week and I want to bet them, but haven't analyzed them enough to have an opinion. I'm leaning to LSU (I like taking points with a good defense and running game) but still undecided on the other two, waiting to see if the line moves any.

How do you see those three?

Last week was a good one for a lot of us, and I thank you for leading the way, mr hound. It appears that you have some good numbers that I can't duplicate this week. Still too early in the week for me to reach my decision points. Best of luck.
U dont always have to duplicate the exact # if it falls on a key # Glad U had 'another' good wk my friend GL
I see you didn't take a position on Clemson/FSU, Bama/LSU, or TCU/Ok State. Those are the three biggest games this week and I want to bet them, but haven't analyzed them enough to have an opinion. I'm leaning to LSU (I like taking points with a good defense and running game) but still undecided on the other two, waiting to see if the line moves any. How do you see those three?
without going into any extended reasoning I see: FlSt 24 Clem 37 ...didnt play this game because the Noles always play the Tigers tuff. I can see a 6-7 pt game as easily as a 14 pt Clem win, I think there are better games. LSU 17 Ala 28 ...I did put a dollar ten on Bama @-5.5 but didnt post it. This is just a personal play for me. I have nothing to say on this game that hasnt already been said by the CTG cappers and it would not change anyones mind on this game. It will be wet but I dont see that changing much TCU41 OkiSt 44 I will play Okist ML, +pts as a med play...still waiting on line to move more in my fav. This is the best tm that tcu has played this yr and it will show I know ur Units are big and I just think there are better plays than these three...even though not as many as usual
Thanks Bloodhound. Do appreciate the early post.
Thanks DD, jump on in here with ur thoughts GL

ThursdayNiteFootball

played these on the open
Buffalo -2 -105 x1 I make this a 23 17 type of game
Nevada -3 -120 x3 I made Nev a 6-7 pt win, maybe 31 to 24

adding
Baylor -17 -110 x1 keeping this one low with rookie qb but KSt 2ndary is banged up so a 20 pt win looks doable
48-28

AppiSt -11 -110 x1 i dont like to force a play and im afraid I may be here as Appi st didnt look good last wk and coming off of trip ot and into a short wk...but but the potential is there as App St has a big overall yrdage adv

WMich -14 -120, buy the hook x1 bad spot here as after this game has three big mac tms for the championship. They definitely have the O to get this done but hopefully not a backdoor cover the last min by Ball.

Mizzou +9 -120 x half
Under 44 -120 x2 ...hope i dont have my head up my ass on this side as I know they cant score much but I have one of thos feelings i have to satisfy.This Under is prob a dime play in value but I will keep it low. I think at home the Tigers are going to keep this close so a little beer $ onthe ML 20 wins 54

GL, mr hound. I have played Buff a d Baylor. Intend to add Appy., on the basis that they had their letdown last week after taking care of G S the week before. Take a look at Arky St schedule and ask yourself 'who have they beaten?'

parlays

1. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 307 Baylor* -9 -350 vs Kansas State
  2. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 312 Appalachian State* -440 vs Arkansas State
  3. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 314 Western Michigan* -9 -240 vs Ball State
Risking 200 To Win 247

1. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 307 Baylor* -10 -300 vs Kansas State
  2. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 314 Western Michigan* -9 -240 vs Ball State
Risking 200 To Win 178

1. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 307 Baylor/Kansas State* Over 61 -230
  2. 11/5/2015 9:00 PM College Football 315 Mississippi State/Missouri* Under 52 -350
Risking 200 To Win 169

ThursdayNiteFootball

played these on the open
Buffalo -2 -105 x1 I make this a 23 17 type of game
Nevada -3 -120 x3 I made Nev a 6-7 pt win, maybe 31 to 24

adding
Baylor -17 -110 x1 keeping this one low with rookie qb but KSt 2ndary is banged up so a 20 pt win looks doable
48-28

AppiSt -11 -110 x1 i dont like to force a play and im afraid I may be here as Appi st didnt look good last wk and coming off of trip ot and into a short wk...but but the potential is there as App St has a big overall yrdage adv

WMich -14 -120, buy the hook x1 bad spot here as after this game has three big mac tms for the championship. They definitely have the O to get this done but hopefully not a backdoor cover the last min by Ball.

Mizzou +9 -120 x half
Under 44 -120 x2 ...hope i dont have my head up my ass on this side as I know they cant score much but I have one of thos feelings i have to satisfy.This Under is prob a dime play in value but I will keep it low. I think at home the Tigers are going to keep this close so a little beer $ onthe ML 20 wins 54

Good luck on your plays. I wouldn't expect a huge drop off tonight in Baylor production. Stidham has all the tools, has had an extra week to prepare and is so surrounded by a wealth of talent. Most importantly, he has a very good / experienced offensive line. It may take Stidhem a few series to get comfortable, especially being on the road, but I expect Baylor to get into the mid 40's tonight. I don't know how K-State scores much. Baylor's def line is very good, but their back 7 pretty weak. But unlike the past, K-State just doesn't have that one or two good skill players who can hurt and stretch a defense. And I'm guessing with the way the first CFP poll looked, Briles won't let his foot off the gas given the chance, even playing against Snyder. Feels like a 48-17 game.

Good luck on your plays. I wouldn't expect a huge drop off tonight in Baylor production. Stidham has all the tools, has had an extra week to prepare and is so surrounded by a wealth of talent. Most importantly, he has a very good / experienced offensive line. It may take Stidhem a few series to get comfortable, especially being on the road, but I expect Baylor to get into the mid 40's tonight. I don't know how K-State scores much. Baylor's def line is very good, but their back 7 pretty weak. But unlike the past, K-State just doesn't have that one or two good skill players who can hurt and stretch a defense. And I'm guessing with the way the first CFP poll looked, Briles won't let his foot off the gas given the chance, even playing against Snyder. Feels like a 48-17 game.
Thank U for the feedback Frank, I trust ur take on a tm that U follow closely and will add to the Baylor -17 play GL to U

Like your Oklahoma State pick, Blood.

I rarely bet a midweek game, but I'm with you on Baylor -17. One unit. A lot of reasons I like it, but most have probably already been posted by other pickers.

added

1. 11/5/2015 7:00 PM College Football 309 Buffalo U/Kent State* Under 52 -325
  2. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 311 Arkansas State/Appalachian State* Over 48 -300
Risking 200 To Win 149

added
307 Baylor -17 -110 vs Kansas State x3 for a total of 4

added
[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 307 Baylor* -13 -190 vs Kansas State
  2. 11/5/2015 7:30 PM College Football 312 Appalachian State* -6 -320 vs Arkansas State
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 200 To Win 201
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Like your Oklahoma State pick, Blood.

I rarely bet a midweek game, but I'm with you on Baylor -17. One unit. A lot of reasons I like it, but most have probably already been posted by other pickers.
U and Frank talked me into making Baylor a med play
GL to us

GL, mr hound. I have played Buff a d Baylor. Intend to add Appy., on the basis that they had their letdown last week after taking care of G S the week before. Take a look at Arky St schedule and ask yourself 'who have they beaten?'
I did look and ur are correct as usual on the look ahead and ArkiSt sched......but I'm still pissed over the nickle that AppSt cost me last wk :)
Thanks and GL MrBull

With you on the under in Columbia and will likely be on Nevada team total, haven't decided yet so get those BH. Also on Baylor team total so hope they light it up for us

With you on the under in Columbia and will likely be on Nevada team total, haven't decided yet so get those BH. Also on Baylor team total so hope they light it up for us
Thanks KJ, man that Baylor TT looks like $$
I will borrow that play from U if u dont mind. GL pard

adding KJ's tt
307 Baylor* Over 42 -110 vs Kansas State x2

If no crazy turnover / defensive scores I don't see Mizzou getting over 16. Miss State mostly a running team... do the get over 26?
At home, national tv..... I see 26-16 Miss St. Hope that score is reversed though for my Tigers!

GL this week Blood :cheers3:
U to my friend

If no crazy turnover / defensive scores I don't see Mizzou getting over 16. Miss State mostly a running team... do the get over 26?
At home, national tv..... I see 26-16 Miss St. Hope that score is reversed though for my Tigers!
I rooting for U and ur team MrEd
I hope they make a good showing for us
GL pard

At some point a lesson is learned re: Baylor's defense. And that lesson is until Phil Bennett is gone, and a competent DC is brought in, you're playing with fire. That's a massive Baylor defensive line, yet it gave up 275 yards to a team running a Wing-T with a QB that runs a 40 in 5 flat.

I figured Stidham would be good, and he was. I didn't figure Baylor would get pushed around quite that much on defense. They should have been fired up given the CFP poll snub. Instead, they played with the intensity of a wet rag (the defense, anyway.).

It's laughable to consider Baylor as a real playoff team. And it will continue to be laughable until they (really) fix that defense.

At some point a lesson is learned re: Baylor's defense. And that lesson is until Phil Bennett is gone, and a competent DC is brought in, you're playing with fire. That's a massive Baylor defensive line, yet it gave up 275 yards to a team running a Wing-T with a QB that runs a 40 in 5 flat.

I figured Stidham would be good, and he was. I didn't figure Baylor would get pushed around quite that much on defense. They should have been fired up given the CFP poll snub. Instead, they played with the intensity of a wet rag (the defense, anyway.).

It's laughable to consider Baylor as a real playoff team. And it will continue to be laughable until they (really) fix that defense.

Well said Frank
:tiphat:

last nite with a overall loss, lets see if we can get some back tonite

FridayNiteFootball
played on the open Sun evening
Temple -11.5 -110 x4
Rice -6 -120 x3
BYU -12 -110 x2

adding a par or two

1. 11/6/2015 8:00 PM College Football 319 Temple* -460 vs SMU
  2. 11/6/2015 8:00 PM College Football 321 Rice* +4 -670 vs UTEP
  3. 11/6/2015 11:30 PM College Football 323 BYU* -500 vs San Jose State