Blackhawks season ticket holders only

Ok so I’m not a “season ticket holder” but I am a 5 game “pick ‘em plan” member.

Was it his dad that had blackouts on every home game in 90s and early 2000s? Or him?
His dad "dollar Bill"

Dollar bill blocked Milwaukee from getting a franchise.

Also back in the day Bill had his hands in the St. Louis Blues Concession sales. Greedy SOB.

Rocky wanst as bad but the rebuild was $$$ profit based nothing more. Rocky got too much credit.

Funny to me all these franchises are selling for so much money now. These guys wont reap those rewards.

His dad "dollar Bill"

Dollar bill blocked Milwaukee from getting a franchise.

Also back in the day Bill had his hands in the St. Louis Blues Concession sales. Greedy SOB.

Rocky wanst as bad but the rebuild was $$$ profit based nothing more. Rocky got too much credit.

Funny to me all these franchises are selling for so much money now. These guys wont reap those rewards.
Actually I only give this 25% of a like.

Milwaukee isn’t a viable city for a pro hockey team, the Admirals are actually perfect for that town.

Greedy SOB 100%

He did oversee 3 Stanley Cup championships and when any team has a run like they did after drafting the greatest American player of all time (besides Brian Leitch shoutout @brewers888 ) money will be made.

He also handled the witch hunt with great aplomb.

@spottie2935 I did some research into the St Louis claim because that sounded very familiar and wanted to put myself up on Blackhawks history.

As you may or may not know the Wirtz family fortune comes from alcohol, Wirtz Beverage now d.b.a. Breakthrough Beverage, they get a cut of every bottle, can, keg, etc that enters Cook County, IL (that’s because they’re deep into the liquor union as well), then they also make money based off sales of course.

From what I could gather they somehow (this wasn’t clear) pushed their way into being the supplier of alcohol to St Louis Blows games even though they had a rather large brewery and local distribution companies. How they did that I couldn’t figure out.

My understanding is they tried something similar in Milwaukee but couldn’t be the sole distributor so with his ownership powers lead a charge to block a franchise in MKE.

Actually I only give this 25% of a like.

Milwaukee isn’t a viable city for a pro hockey team, the Admirals are actually perfect for that town.

Greedy SOB 100%

He did oversee 3 Stanley Cup championships and when any team has a run like they did after drafting the greatest American player of all time (besides Brian Leitch shoutout @brewers888 ) money will be made.

He also handled the witch hunt with great aplomb.
by witch hunt do you mean when he oversaw the organization send a known sexual predator to work at a high school with recommendations?

Future is bright though

Cant wait to catch the boys at the madhouse on Madison this fall
Are you actually going? Because if so, I’m meeting you and your roommate.

We’ll do Twin Anchors before the game then take an Uber, after the game we’ll hit up Tumans or maybe Cleo’s.

by witch hunt do you mean when he oversaw the organization send a known sexual predator to work at a high school with recommendations?
A Sexual predator that everyone and their brother knows about yet isn’t in jail or serving any criminal sentence hmmmm

Makes me think maybe some shit that he who will not be named was totally false

Are you actually going? Because if so, I’m meeting you and your roommate.

We’ll do Twin Anchors before the game then take an Uber, after the game we’ll hit up Tumans or maybe Cleo’s.
Sometime in next year for sure, either fall or wait till spring, her youngest sister moving there next month to start at nw

Sometime in next year for sure, either fall or wait till spring, her youngest sister moving there next month to start at nw
spring is great but can be very hit or miss

Fall is the better of the two IMO

88 makes his return in February

IMG_5698.jpeg
Did the draft order or schedule get determined first? Because the first 8 games is an absolute juggernaut to start the season.

Clearly the NHL wants to showcase #98 to begin the 2023-24 campaign.

@spottie2935 I did some research into the St Louis claim because that sounded very familiar and wanted to put myself up on Blackhawks history.

As you may or may not know the Wirtz family fortune comes from alcohol, Wirtz Beverage now d.b.a. Breakthrough Beverage, they get a cut of every bottle, can, keg, etc that enters Cook County, IL (that’s because they’re deep into the liquor union as well), then they also make money based off sales of course.

From what I could gather they somehow (this wasn’t clear) pushed their way into being the supplier of alcohol to St Louis Blows games even though they had a rather large brewery and local distribution companies. How they did that I couldn’t figure out.

My understanding is they tried something similar in Milwaukee but couldn’t be the sole distributor so with his ownership powers lead a charge to block a franchise in MKE.
yes you are on point and the business wanted to poke their nose in to grow the booze business. He (Wm. Wirtz) was on the NHL board and the other owners supported Wirtz. St louis got in the NHL based upon Wirtz negotiation rules. I can't find the Video but Brett Hull was complaining how difficult it was to compete with the Hawks because of the Wirtz grab in the Blues concessions. I don't know all the details, just going on what i previously saw on video.

That season opener looks like a nice tune-up game.

I’m sure the Pens will remember how the Hawks knocked them out of playoff contention with the upset victory in front of the home crowd last season

Games are as follows:

11/24 Toronto (section 233)
11/26 St Louis (section 233)

02/09 NYR (behind Rags net)

04/06 Dallas (section 201)
04/07 Minnesota (section 201)

Back