Bjorks Week 4 Card - Auto-fade

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
I'm awful. Take a look at these and fade me. I do have one BIG play though and it's a Grey Goose 5*.

All just leans right now because I have little confidence in anything I pick. BTW, thanks West Virginia for having your head up your ass Wednesday.

Leans
Iowa +2 - The defense is stellar and I'm not sure how Pitt is going to hang enough to win here despite playing at home. I trust Ferentz more than Wanny at this point.

Georgia - 7 - ASU is known as a party school and what else is associated with partying? Hangovers. And boy, does ASU have a big one right now. This week at practice has been less than stellar to say the least. So much so, an offensive starter berated the team during practice this week because of the lack of passion. Add to that the defense is banged up and I think Georgia has the chance to roll here.

I said in my PAC 10 preview if the cards didn't fall right ASU could be 2-5 at the midway point and this has all the makings a losing streak for ASU. The LB's are hurting and there's zero pass rush. It's not like they can do anything about it either because there's so many injuries on defense they have no depth.

Stafford should have all day to throw back there if Richt wants to. The Georgia OL should be able to dominate the LOS and give Moreno plenty of room to work with. The ASU defense in general is decent, but they're too banged up right now and too much pressure will be put on the DL to make plays and the secondary to force TO's here.

Offensively, getting Herring back will help, but the the OL still has to block. ASU will use a lot of shotgun and spread formations and give Carpenter the chance to either go the WR's or dump off to Herring. I don't believe though Herring and Nance are good enough to be effective. They would have to rush for a combined 150 - 175+ for ASU to have a chance and I don't think they can.

If ASU wins it'll because they're chucking it downfield. However, chucking it isn't their best game plan. They will have to play flawlessly to win this game and there's just too many injuries and bad attitudes right now for me to see them doing that.

Prediction
Georgia - 41
ASU - 17

Yuck...

LSU/Auburn UNDER
I don't care if the number is in the 30's, this game goes UNDER, which means it's a lock to go OVER.

TCU -28
TCU may be the best team nobody likes. That doesn't make much sense, but I like them against SMU.

GREY GOOSE 5* Play of the Day ALERT!!!
I will be drinking most of the day...take that to the bank! Lay the juice, it doesn't matter. I guarantee this one comes in.

Last edited:
Been waiting for you take on the UGA-ASU game.

Loved UGA all summer and even early this season. I just think their too strong in trenches for ASU. My only concern is the UGA pass defense. Interesting news on how practice is going this week.

It hasn't been pretty, BAR. Your exactly right about the LOS. Georgia should be able to dominate on both sides of the ball and when Carpenter is hurried the mistakes compound on each other.

Does ASU have the talent to win this, ya. But based on the injuries and and problems with chemistry I'm not sure coming off a loss is the week to do it.

Here's another side note. As many who've followed Dennis Erickson's career he hasn't always brought in players with the greatest of reputations and backgrounds. A lot of JC kids and a lot of "thugs". That's not to be racist or anything, but it's a reality. When Erickson was introduced to boosters 2 years ago, one of the first things he said was "You know I win and exactly how I do it".

There are some chemistry issues right now on this team. There's the old guard of players who are the true leaders of the team and there's quite a few transfers and players ASU is not used to having on the team and there's definitely some battles going on.

I'm laying off Marlo, I've gotten hit or miss info the last few weeks and I just don't feel confident in what MN can and can't do right now.

I'd lean FLA though FWIW

FYI from Rotoworld:

pixel.gif

Running back Keegan Herring (hamstring) is likely OUT this week against Georgia.

Dimitri Nance will be faced with the task of getting the ground game going against the Bulldogs this weekend.

FYI from Rotoworld:

pixel.gif

Running back Keegan Herring (hamstring) is likely OUT this week against Georgia.

Dimitri Nance will be faced with the task of getting the ground game going against the Bulldogs this weekend.

I talked with him yesterday, he's a game time decision.

I am awful, I have no clue right now what I'm doing. I have about as much chance as a unprotected big montana from Arby's on Fondy and Shaker's table.

Thankfully I waited and locked in Iowa at +2 this morning. Breaking an o'fer streak dating back to last week.

ASU NEWS...
The rumors surrounding Keegan Herrings hammy aren't entirely true. He was listed unofficially as doubtful on the injury list (if colleges had to provide one), but he is still a game time decision as of Noon PST. I just got a text, which said he's receiving treatment and is still going to try it out in pregame and warmups. I'm not giving it much hope though, but ASU would need him to be effective to help the running game. If he's out, Nance will probably get under 75 yards and Carpenter will pass 40 times plus, which isn't all that bad if he can get the time.

Game time temp at kickoff will be over 100 degrees and about 5-10 degrees warmer on the field. There's no humidity, but not sure how that will affect Georgia.

I still feel the same way about the game. ASU will have to play perfect here to win. The energy level was up evidently last night, but it's typical ASU IMO, they're trying to flip the switch to "ON" when they need it as opposed to being sharp all week.

It sucks to have a make or break game in week 4, but this game will make or break ASU for the rest of the year.

Back