Bit of time on my hands- Monday NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
Official Plays
Sixers -3
Clippers pk
Houston -5.5

OKC +14 (added extra 2/3 of unit on +13.5)
Toronto -1
Chicago -2

Clippers @ Charlotte
have this one Charlotte -2, but still think the Clips are at a discount at +money because I havnt fully adjusted lines for both teams because of players in/out. The Clips are regaining form, similair to how they were looking real good a month/2 ago, but injuries made them slip. Zach is back and Baron and Camby are looking healthy. They're two wins included incharacteristicaly great shooting and 3 pt shooting and their scoring has obviously improved from these nights. I know this one may seem like one of obvious spots to get tricked into betting the Clips, I think that the CLips should get it. Last game of the road trip, which usually is a nice fade, but in this case I would disagree. The Clips must be frustrated from all the losing they've been taking- a large part due to the fact that they didn't have a roster of NBA players. They now have most of their roster back, and I think they're taking vengeance on the league (as much vengeance as an average team can). Charlotte meanwhile is on a tough b2b from a close loss at Miami. Bell out, Wallace out. Augustine is back and had a great game, but gotta think 1st game back from injury then on a b2b will show the signs of rust by augustine. Charlotte is 1-8 SU without Wallace this year. I think I'll be on the Clips ML

New Orleans @ Memphis
-too many injuries for me to mess with. um Tyson, CP3, and West all ? Don't know the teams reactions to them in/out. any input would be nice on this one. Made the line NO -7 with all player sin, but not gonna play this so eh

Phoenix @ Philly
My favorite bet of the night. Philly in the middle of a homestand- 6th game at home. rest/flight advantage here for Philly. In their last 17 games, the Sixers have 1 loss over 2 pts. <-- WOW. I think it would be a huge accomplishment for Phoenix if they managed to win here. Phoenix is 9-17 ATS off a str8 up win. Philly should win the battle of the boards and lead the league in fast break pts which should be difficult for Phoenix to guard with Shaq, esp on a b2b. power ating has this at philly -3 which i expect it to be, but anything under 5 and I'm on Philly

Houston @ Milwaukee
Like this one as well. a healthy Houston is my pick to come out of the west, and they are healthy for today. Have this one at Houston -7, so hoping for this line to drop some more. Milwaukee doesn't have offensive weapons to compete or score against the (on paper) best defensive unit in the league. Doubt Houston lets Sessions drop 44 on them, and if held to reasonable average numbers, Milwaukee should get blown out. This one is an overly obvious spot of a team with way more weapons than the other should get a convincing W. I remember something someone said regarding Houston that they weren't a typical team in the mdidle of the season because they are just getting to play together for the first time all season and thus should handle bad teams. They are working for chemistry and Ws right now. Honestly, I'd take Houston's bench over Milwaukee's team: (Brooks, Von Wafer, Artest, Landry, Mutumbo, Barry, and Hayes over Sessions, Lbah a Moute, Jefferson, Charlie V, and Elson)

Last edited:
For Tuesday, I'm looking to take OKC (sandwich spot for LA), Chicago (always plays det tough, finally home after a semi-succesful road trip where they showed life- fun to fade detroit), CLeveland (undefeated off a loss this yr- no dunleavy I think, schedule spot for Indi- bad. can see them tanking next two), possibly Jersey if Carter is healthy (bit revenge, SA off HUGE win, then at toronto next day, Jersey last game before all-star, off a blowout)

ehh just played
Los Angeles Clippers pk (-110)- 1 unit

pretty mad I missed the +2 which would save me from a Felton game winner, but whatr can I do. I checked lines, took a shower, came back and the line is at pk and +1 (-113) at Pinny indicating that its gonna gp up even more. I don't want to end up layting pts with the Clips on the road, so at a pk, I guess I'll have to settle. Nice to see Houston line down to 5.5. I will be real happy to see 5 for me

other lines came out. New Orleans is +2 (indicating that West, handler, and CP3 are all out) and Philly opened -3 as expected. Watching line movement right now, but will get a bet on Philly. My other book releases lines around 10/11 PST and they have -105 juice, so may try to get on Philly from that as I don't think we'll seee a huge movement

Good luck SF! Both games I don't have the slightest clue what will happen, but I hope you hit it! :)

thanks divol. anything you like today?

Well, since Memphis took the new coach, been on the Over in their games from day one. 4 - 1 so far (slipped my mind to bet when they played the Lakers) and I do feel that bookies are far from adjusting the lines.

Love the play on the rockets!! I never ever bet on my home teams. But today I made an exception. I took the rockets -5.5 for 3 units. Tonight, I think they will win this game by DD. Their D is going to clamp down and they should score easily. Talk here in houston has been about inconsistent defense, especially from TMac and he needs to be a leader. I will back them tonight though!!

Rockets 104
Milwaukee 87

thanks guys. In what will be ba pretty popular forum pick 2m:
Oklahoma City Thunder +14

thinking about adding a bit. I can see this ending at 12 in all honesty...

Pretty much the same cards but I took the Rockets under rather than the spread. BOL tonight SF.

Pretty much the same cards but I took the Rockets under rather than the spread. BOL tonight SF.

whats your thoughts on OKC/LAL 2m? play on OKC?
BOL to you as well, thought about playing Milwaukee TT under instead of spread, but I can see Houston just play half assed defense and still pull out the W in the end. Milwaukee also off a shootout with detroit, can see them trying the same here.

whats your thoughts on OKC/LAL 2m? play on OKC?
BOL to you as well, thought about playing Milwaukee TT under instead of spread, but I can see Houston just play half assed defense and still pull out the W in the end. Milwaukee also off a shootout with detroit, can see them trying the same here.

I tend to give BC's season trend thread a lot of respect and we're in a stretch where I'm pretty hesitant to lay points so I'm surely not going to lay them on the road. Also the game fits into BC's 230 OT thread. Just a spot where I'm more comfortable with the total rather than laying points.

Like the Thunder and played the 14, but I think the 1st half bet is probably the best angle. Lakers could be down 5 at half and win the 2nd half by 20 pretty easily. It's a play you have to make if you actually pay attention though. Off that road trip and before hitting the road again to play the Jazz? Really tough spot. You're right that the line will probably be 12 or so by tip. I'll likely play the 1st half line as well when it comes out.

I tend to give BC's season trend thread a lot of respect and we're in a stretch where I'm pretty hesitant to lay points so I'm surely not going to lay them on the road. Also the game fits into BC's 230 OT thread. Just a spot where I'm more comfortable with the total rather than laying points.

Like the Thunder and played the 14, but I think the 1st half bet is probably the best angle. Lakers could be down 5 at half and win the 2nd half by 20 pretty easily. It's a play you have to make if you actually pay attention though. Off that road trip and before hitting the road again to play the Jazz? Really tough spot. You're right that the line will probably be 12 or so by tip. I'll likely play the 1st half line as well when it comes out.

:shake:

well the DJ is out also for Charlotte tonight. I took the clippers at +100 on the ML and they have made me a ton of money past 2 games. I got them on the ML against the Hawks and the Grizzlies, so I will once again invest on the ML. Their team is back and I they have been playing great. Char is short handed and I dont think they can stop the clippers. Taking them for a few units tonight.

god I want to take Sacramento but I usually like to bet on NBA teams. Since getting blown out by 50 by phoenix, they've been at least competitive vs utah and at OKC. Dallas in a bit of a sandwich off an OT W with Boston coming after this. Terry out should show a big difference as no one will be able to exploit udrih on d. Not really sure Dallas has enough options without terry who has been playing absolutely amazing this season. these two have split games this season, both at sacramento, with the most recent being the Sacramento W. probbaly not much revenge for that little win.

Not sure when to play Chicago. down to -2 now, and tempted to play it

well the DJ is out also for Charlotte tonight. I took the clippers at +100 on the ML and they have made me a ton of money past 2 games. I got them on the ML against the Hawks and the Grizzlies, so I will once again invest on the ML. Their team is back and I they have been playing great. Char is short handed and I dont think they can stop the clippers. Taking them for a few units tonight.

source that DJ is out?

love OKC and the under tomorrow for a lot of the same reasons you listed.....

any leans to if kobe is going to be rested or not? still getting over the flu (as am i, lol. which had me amazed that he had the performance he did in cleveland, pretty tough to do when youre that sick. i know i had a 101 fever, so i dont know how he did it)

like you said line should drop, and taking the +14 before anything is declared may even set up for a nice middle tomorrow if kobe's out.

howd it go with your girl quitting smoking BTW?
want you to know your thread (and my gf), was inspirational bro. the things that you and a couple of others said in there finally took me off the fence, and today on day 8 without a cigg, cravings are finally subsiding. hope it works out as well for her, but trust me, if someone with an addictive personality such as myself can do it, she can too. GL!

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>Raja Bell </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Out Mon - Groin - 2/9/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHe is expected to miss Monday's game versus the Clippers due to a strained right groin. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>1-0</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>1-0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>D.J. Augustin </TD><TD class=datacell>G</TD><TD class=datacell>Out Indefinitely - Abdominal - 2/6/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesHe is dealing with an abdominal strain and has been told to rest it for up to ten more days by doctors. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>6-4</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>5-5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>Gerald Wallace </TD><TD class=datacell>F</TD><TD class=datacell>Out indefinitely - Ribs - 1/29/09</TD><TD class=datacell>notesIs expected to miss a significant amount of time with a broken rib and collapsed lung. </TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>1-4</TD><TD class=datacellc noWrap>4-1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message -->

Let me see if I can find the other site that said they wanted to keep him out of B2B situations.

love OKC and the under tomorrow for a lot of the same reasons you listed.....

any leans to if kobe is going to be rested or not? still getting over the flu (as am i, lol. which had me amazed that he had the performance he did in cleveland, pretty tough to do when youre that sick. i know i had a 101 fever, so i dont know how he did it)

like you said line should drop, and taking the +14 before anything is declared may even set up for a nice middle tomorrow if kobe's out.

howd it go with your girl quitting smoking BTW?
want you to know your thread (and my gf), was inspirational bro. the things that you and a couple of others said in there finally took me off the fence, and today on day 8 without a cigg, cravings are finally subsiding. hope it works out as well for her, but trust me, if someone with an addictive personality such as myself can do it, she can too. GL!

I don't think Kobe misses as if he played thru one game, I'd imagine he plays thru the rest of them

as far as the smoking one, will bump the other thread, and I'm glad and feel proud that it could have helped you and anyone else

Prime example why the Rockets shouldn't be considered a threat to win any playoff games. Hilarious that they give up 64 to the Bucks in a half w/out Redd, Ridnour and Bogut. No team chemistry.

Back