Billivy GOY ;)

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
:-p haters welcome....

I'm in love with Cincy this week...

Cincy -2.5 ($1.100 to win $1,000)

The Ravens embarrassed them early on week 1 in September. Obviously Baltimore's defense was a lot more prolific back in September but still the Bengals were able to out gain Baltimore on the ground. (Of course Rice catches a lot of passes out of the backfield, but still impressive). Cincy gave up HUGE numbers through the air to Flacco but in the last two months have really tightened up defensively...especially through the air:

Quinn/Cassel- 188, 0 TD/ 0 INT
Rivers- 280, 0 TD/ 1 INT
Romo- 268, 1 TD/ 1 INT
Foles- 180, 1 TD/ 1 INT
Big Ben- 220, 1 TD/ 2 INT
Palmer- 146, 1 TD/ 1 INT
E. Manning- 215, 0 TD/ 2 INT

Over that span they were 6-1 straight up and ATS...I'm sure Cincy has had this game circled since the start week 2 and w/ Baltimore having nothing to play for I doubt the Bengals are gonna let their division rival come into their home town and beat them twice this season when the playoffs are just around the corner. Sure AJ Green might not play a full game...So could Rice...I think more starters will play more minutes on Cincy's side when push comes to shove. Cincy's defense will shut down the Ravens, who's sole responsibility rests on not hurting any starters. For the Bengals, who don't stand much of a chance in the playoffs as it is, this game would be nice to win in front of the home crowd and a good way to give a lot of their other players some confidence going into the post season.

Bengals has even less to play for than Ravens, this game has zero playoffs implications for them, so it is not obvious to me why they would play more starters.

might hit it... but nothing for either team to play for.. Actually , ravens were patheric for a few weeks then actually got some momentum going last week and could envision them wanting to keep rolling into the playoffs.. but that is a stretch also... Week 17 meaningless games are impossible for me to cap, But gl bro.. hope you hit it .. I actually like Cinncy in playoffs at at least vs the ATS

Ravens can move to the 3 seed with one scenario but not sure it matters. In fact I don't think they care or they would be playing Lewis after they activated him.

Can't wait to see Bruce Almighty Gradkowski though.

Bengals RapidReports ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>CBSBengals
Lewis (cont.): "I think the way is you have to go full speed ahead and cross my fingers and toes and get after it."

Expand

<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">44m</small>Bengals RapidReports ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>CBSBengals
Marvin Lewis: "When you pick and choose who is going to play I’ve had guys who are good guys all of a sudden go ‘man I’m hurt coach.’"

it is meaningless as far as playoff implications yes, but not to the Bengals who lost by 30 or so to them on opening week. Cincy's not a legit superbowl contender really...this is their last home game all season. It'd suck to drop this one in front of their home crowd going into the playoffs. Baltimore is a lot more experienced and couldn't care less about this game. They have absolutely no reason to care one iota about this game. It might not be an idea motivational spot, but the way Cincy's D has played, I don't think Baltimore is gonna have any luck moving the ball consistently. Home crowd alone is worth 2.5

I think Marvin Lewis statements are very telling, and agree that Cincy will take this gm more seriously than the Ravens. GL with the play. Cin D should be good enough here to get the win and cover.

yeah, i was a lot more confident before game time then i was half way through the game lol. Either way I'll take it. BOL in the playoffs guys, I'm done with NFL for the season

Back