bill simmons - duncan best player of his generation

• Thread starter Thread starter wadegarrett
  • Start date Start date
where are we drawing the line for 'his generation'

kobe, timmy, kg, kidd, nash...?

kobe or timmy is the debate.

Honest u gotta go Timmy over Kobe.
it was shaqs team 3 early titles. Always was Duncan's team.

Shaq in the generation, and id say he is better than duncan, and then its a tough one between him and kobe

fair, shaqs only 5 years ahead of duncan.

but then if i just threw out names like Mutumbo, Dale Davis, Larry Johnson would they be in the same generation? i certainly dont think of it that way but they all were the 91 class and shaq was 92.

Best human to walk on a basketball court in Timmy's generation was Tim Donaghy (1994 to 2007). Anyone who shines a light on(to) the darkness will always get my top vote.

During his imprisonment, Donaghy was attacked and threatened. In November 2007, a man claiming to be an associate of the New York Mafia struck Donaghy with a paint roller extension bar, resulting in injuries to his knee and leg which required surgery.

Last edited:
I tnought shaq and him were closer in age, guess we would need parameters around generation

This isn't Tim's team. Parker is 100x the player Tim is right now. In fact Kobe was more of a factor on those first 3 titles than Tim is on this latest run.

Tony's 48% from floor 23 ppg 7 assists
Tim 46% from floor 18 ppg 9 boards

Maybe not 100x but Tony is the mvp of this team and the playoffs.

BTW Kobe averaged 29 in 2000 in the playoffs and 32 in the playoffs in 2002, but its fun to say those were shaq's teams..

kobe way too selfish and ineffective early in his career (but i love him now) and shaq...well too lazy imo....so yes timmy!!!

Back