Biggest College Football Offseason Ever

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Think about what’s going on with pay for play, NIL too lol, SEC expansion after having an all SEC final, ACC defiance to playoff, transfers all over.

This is truly the craziest shit we’ve ever seen.

Think about what’s going on with pay for play, NIL too lol, SEC expansion after having an all SEC final, ACC defiance to playoff, transfers all over.

This is truly the craziest shit we’ve ever seen.

agree with everything except the bolded part as that is still a ways off it seems, at least a couple, three years or so.

unless i missed something big in the last day or two?

College Football Playoff expansion is dead, for now.

ACC commissioner Jim Phillips told reporters Friday the conference opposes moving from a four-team model to eight or 12 teams, with coaches being “unanimous” that the sport should hold off. Since expanding the CFP requires unanimous consent among league commissioners, that means, until the current deal expires in 2026, the sport will be stuck at four unless Phillips changes his mind.

ACC kills possibility of a College Football Playoff expansion

Hallelujah!

I still bet it but I don't enjoy it like I used to.
I'll still bet it at some point, but I'm betting only 10% of my usual bet. I have no idea how to handicap it with all the changes.

And I have no idea how coaches are going to get 100% from guys who even more spoiled now than they were--and they were already spoiled--and who can leave the instant they get disciplined. Add in the money they are paying these guys--untested guys who haven't even proved they can play--I can't figure out what effect it will have on team chemistry

And to make it even worse, one guy can destroy the team concept. It turns out Spencer Rattler was making more money by far, even though he played like crap, than hard working guys who were playing their asses off, and it went to his head to such an extent he thought he didn't have to put in the work the lesser players did. That's the reason the team responded so fast to Williams when Riley benched Rattler. That's going to happen more and more and I don't see any way to predict it

Back