BIG Week 11

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Sup fellas, hard to believe we are at week 11 in the conference. This is the money month for these teams. Survival of the fittest.

Michigan vs Penn state: Both teams have difficult time scoring in rz. Psu is a big play team. Michigan has some key injuries. Whoever doesn't have to settle for fgs wins this one.

Rutgers vs Indiana: Bless your heart if you're watching this game, let alone gambling on it.

Northwestern vs Wisconsin: Bucky has decided to finish the season strong. Killing people recently. Should be a bloodbath.

Minnesota vs Iowa: I hate betting both these teams. I never win. Interesting game though. Iowa backup qb looked decent this past weekend. Not sure if he's a go again. Can't lose to Illinois, Minnesota. Inexcusable.

Purdue vs Ohio State: Can Purdue pull of another upset? They've been a giant killer this year. Ruined iowa and possibly Michigan states seasons. Ohio state needs to clean it up in the red zone. Been bad last few weeks down there.

Michigan State vs Maryland: Should be a blowout on paper but sparty put it all on the line in their super bowl a few weeks ago and have injuries.

Let's hear some thoughts. No leans for me so far personally.

Off the loss I'm thinking MSU pass defense might give it up like a Sophomore on prom night. MD team total is very interesting to me but won't have it til Sat

I don't remember all the circumstances, but felt at the time that Ohio State played very conservative on the 4th downs and kicking FGs. For most of the game the only offense Nebraska had was one big pass play that went the distance. So Ohio State didn't feel like they had to risk 4th down conversions and just kept building onto the lead. As somebody who bet Nebraska I was thankful for this approach. Purdue is a different and better offense, Ohio State might feel it more necessary to go for 4th downs and TDs over FGs.

Purdue has the experience of what it was like to beat Iowa and come back home, have to prepare for Wisconsin and then get beat soundly by the Badgers. Point being, off of this another huge celebratory upset win, they know what they didn't do last time. So normally auto fade Purdue off a win like that, but since they already experienced it once (road vs home different though), I'm not sure how I feel about the prospects of a hangover with them this week.

Chances are Ohio State plays their secondary differently vs Purdue than they did vs Nebraska, unless they just play what they play regardless of opponent? If Purdue is right this week, they should move and score. Just always have to worry about INTs with Purdue and we know OSU can get those and go the other way.

Super interesting game.

On mobile so some scattered stuff...

UM banged up obviously the last few weeks...

Cade was hurt vs MSU and didn't practice a lot last week and they basically wanted to get him through Indiana...

Corum is hurt. From what I read, if he plays this week is all about how much pain he can tolerate.

Edwards will be back. He was hurt late vs NW (ankle).

So, obviously hoping at least one of them is ready to go. Hassan is terrific but you like the receiving threat back there plus a change of pace.

Anthony hurt as well, concussion protocol? Dunno.

All, the TE, was precautionary I believe.

DB Green unknown but sounds extended.

Few other bumps n bruises. Suck it up buttercup, this is a must win.

Now, this team has exceeded the 6-6/7-5 expectations but they want more and deserve more. Good, good group. They know they tossed away the MSU game, they want to not let that define their season.

Big matchup here is obviously Clifford vs our secondary. That's the nuts n bolts of the game along with the RZ as Hunt alluded to.

Noon game helps. In fact, Michigan finishes with 3 straight at high noon. The staff likes that.

Talk more about the others in a bit...

I feel like both defenses are good in the mich/psu game, I trust Clifford more and if I’m gonna have a 1 dimensional team think I prefer the passing team to the running team. I’ll roll with the small plus on psu at home. Seems kinda redic to me psu isn’t ranked. They have good wins and had iowa beat before Clifford went down. Yea they lost to Illini but I really don’t think Clifford shoulda been playing yet. These guys just as good as the other top big10 East teams imo.

Corum out

Edwards in

All is a maybe

Green out

Cade still banged up

Anthony cleared I believe

Franklin nixed the UM uniforms as they were on way to state college (all maize). I think they brought backups figuring some gamesmanship.

Corum out

Edwards in

All is a maybe

Green out

Cade still banged up

Anthony cleared I believe

Franklin nixed the UM uniforms as they were on way to state college (all maize). I think they brought backups figuring some gamesmanship.

think im liking the 1st half under more than a side. id imagine mich takes away psu stud wr and ya'll explosive rb the one who hurt right? so gonna be 4 yards and a cloud of dust running game?

think im liking the 1st half under more than a side. id imagine mich takes away psu stud wr and ya'll explosive rb the one who hurt right? so gonna be 4 yards and a cloud of dust running game?
We'll see if we can take him away, easier said than done...

We'll see if we can take him away, easier said than done...

i feel like a good d cord can almost always take a wr out of a game if he so chooses, might pay the price for it in other areas but think that the way to go vs psu, they cant run the ball, gotta see if other wrs can step up and win 1 on 1.

Dohtson is different level. Washington is pretty decent though too. And PSU has had some TEs make some impact this year. And even if they double him or bracket him, play breaks down, Clifford scrambles, DBs can only cover and track him so long before he wiggles open and Clifford hits him. If we are talking about taking him away down the field on simple post and go and fade routes that is one thing, but on a scramble drill, he can work his way open and back to the ball. They can't take that away other than just sacking and forcing Clifford into inaccurate throws.

They can always design plays to get him open with alignments and shifts and rubs. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some kind of impact.

Dohtson is different level. Washington is pretty decent though too. And PSU has had some TEs make some impact this year. And even if they double him or bracket him, play breaks down, Clifford scrambles, DBs can only cover and track him so long before he wiggles open and Clifford hits him. If we are talking about taking him away down the field on simple post and go and fade routes that is one thing, but on a scramble drill, he can work his way open and back to the ball. They can't take that away other than just sacking and forcing Clifford into inaccurate throws.
it takes a village! lol.. certainly didnt mean they could totally eliminate him from the game but you should be able to keep a guy like him from roasting ya for 150+! if i bet a side in this game it would be psu, just think i like 1st half under little bit more cause think both defenses could have edge early on..

Word on the Mich sites is that the vibe in Creepy Valley is not great from the fanbase, lotta negative thoughts going in... Mostly about their offense...

I'm looking forward to Hutch and Ojabo getting at Cliff tomorrow.

Word on the Mich sites is that the vibe in Creepy Valley is not great from the fanbase, lotta negative thoughts going in... Mostly about their offense...

I'm looking forward to Hutch and Ojabo getting at Cliff tomorrow.

gotta think Clifford goes over 233.5 passing yard right? if not mich gonna steam roll them, not like psu can run the ball. Dotson number only 75.5 so they gotta be thinking your boys do a pretty good job on him cause that seems low considering the numbers he been putting up. i think Clifford gonna have to attempt 45+ passes, with that kind of volume i dunno how he doesnt get over that skimpy number?

gotta think Clifford goes over 233.5 passing yard right? if not mich gonna steam roll them, not like psu can run the ball. Dotson number only 75.5 so they gotta be thinking your boys do a pretty good job on him cause that seems low considering the numbers he been putting up. i think Clifford gonna have to attempt 45+ passes, with that kind of volume i dunno how he doesnt get over that skimpy number?
Agree.

PSU could barely run on Nova...

Agree.

PSU could barely run on Nova...

i even considered him ov 1.5 td passes cause i have no faith they be able to run one in but he might do that himself and just not sure i trust them to score 3+ offensive tds. feel a lot better with the yardage total with him, dont see how he doesnt put up more than that. only games i recall he didnt was when illini manhandled them and i dont think he was healthy and the hoosiers game where they didnt need to do much offensively.. he was well on his way to over 300 when he got hurt at iowa. went for 280 on a really good aub d, he been flying over that of late, there really no other route for psu to get offense. seems like easily the safest play in this game.

Good info fellas. Total in Iowa city is interesting. 36 degrees , cloudy , 10-15 wind with gusts to 20. Iowa rolling with Padilla at qb. Not even sure petras dresses (shoulder). Makes hogan backup and zero college snaps. Team ferenz might be mighty conservative . 17-10 either way is logical play .

Good info fellas. Total in Iowa city is interesting. 36 degrees , cloudy , 10-15 wind with gusts to 20. Iowa rolling with Padilla at qb. Not even sure petras dresses (shoulder). Makes hogan backup and zero college snaps. Team ferenz might be mighty conservative . 17-10 either way is logical play .
Might join for a nibble. Awesome to see the legend stop in. Hope all is well

Good to see you tee*

GL and I hope all is well

just looked up the stats - penn state 2.8 yards per carry on maryland. Think michigan has the trench advantage in this game. Liking the harbaughs now

just looked up the stats - penn state 2.8 yards per carry on maryland. Think michigan has the trench advantage in this game. Liking the harbaughs now

oh there no doubt about that, on both sides, look at the way illini pushed their defensive line around (wiscy did so also). normally i would lean to the team i think has the trenches but for some reason i still think psu wins.,. im not betting a side tho, 1st half under and clifford passing yards over is it for me.

That sucks.

A sharp better wouldn't be allowed that sort of bet.

if he was all that sharp wouldnt have he tried to get down when mich were the dogs? maybe you cant get that much earlier in the week tho? clearly i have no idea about such things! lol

Back