Big play, Big Ten

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
pretty good run going especially on top unit plays... have a few others but this is a big one:

SGU -1; 6 units

I'll try to add color throughout the week. obviously, most know I follow this program closely.

Profited Opposite SGU Week one with No Illy and said there would be a time to play them--- this is the time..:badass:

add:

Minn +21, 120; 3.5 units

Gonna put up full card this week.

kent st and Iowa State on short list. no plays yet tho.

thought we would get the line move here, gonna wait it out, sparty sucks obviously on O and iowa is playing much better with more MO...10-9 either way?

been traveling hard all week... have a pretty extensive writeup on notes. try to get it typed up tomorrow am.. its 6U so its multifaceted and only more confirmed throughout the week..also will try to get responses to other questions... headed to cardinal game friday with noon CST start so gonna be very light on time..

just out curiosity...why don't you post all your plays. I have been following you on a lot of your plays you have posted over the years and i really respect your abilities...no homo

:cheers:

OK, SGU TU

Looks like the weather could be a little dicey Saturday in iowa city, wind and a little chilly at kickoff. No real opinion on the total other than it is lined perfectly.

We have a bunch of Michigan folks on here so not going to spend much time on them other than I am very unimpressed. Think I read they are the only team in CFB without a play over 30 yards. No explosion what so ever on offense.. Their game plan is pretty straight forward here I I think they are going to really struggle to score without short fields.

Going into the year Iowa needed to show improvements in three areas or it was going to be a long season.. QB play had to improve, Defensive line play and receivers.. I would say 2 of the 3 have improved dramatically and the third, receivers , is coming along.

Random:

Two deeps for Iowa have remained basically unchanged. Virually no injuries at all. You take any BCS team in the land and provide them that kind of health and they will all improve quickly.

Iowa is running 66% of the time, 9th highest in country. That is the Kirk Ferentz formula when he has the horses to do it. He has the horses.

Fullback who plays tailback, Weisman, avging 4.75 ypc 1st half, 5.55 second half---- wearing people down with the fact pace offense and a 250 pound tailback and two tackles who will play on sundays... Ferentz formula complete...

______more coming

most know I faded Iowa top unit against No Illy.. Just couldn't play Rudock in that spot and really love No illy and that was pretty spot on.

This Rudock kid is on my watch list now with road experience in two pretty hostile enviroments. Now he gets a beatable opponent at home, ya

Rudock is just a "player" and his running ability caught me off guard and is very underrated. He has moxy and seems not to be rattled ever.. He has had a couple throws he'd like back but for the most part Iowa is having a HUGE upgrade at the position over LY

Rudock and Iowa are 5th in the nation in 3rd down convo, at 53%.. Was 33% LY...Rudock is 12-17 on 3rd down and between 7 and 9 yards which is typically a very difficult down to pick up in any league. His passer rating in those situations is 177

Iowa is averaging .8 QB sacks per game 6th in nation. Vandenburg was sacks 2.8 last year.. Keeping the kid clean has been a key and he moves pretty good and has made several good decisions in the running game when the pocket has collapsed.

Typical Ferentz team.. When you expect them to be good, run... When you expect them to be bad, pay attention , cause they will get better.. This squad I have to be honest, I did not like.. I paid attention and have seen everyone of Ruduock snaps. Kid is good and with Weisman healthy (that was a problem LY) and IOWAS defense showing huge gains in experience, at home against an opponent that struggles offensively.. yep, TU

Good luck Tee. On SGU with you. Interested in your thoughts on Kent/NIU. Main question to me is how much Kent can slow down NIU as I expect Kent to have success on the ground and shorten the game...

Good luck Tee. On SGU with you. Interested in your thoughts on Kent/NIU. Main question to me is how much Kent can slow down NIU as I expect Kent to have success on the ground and shorten the game...

I don't think kent can slow down NoIlly as they will be sluggish if they try.. Not sure if that is their plan or not and the number is spot on.. education game for me.. For those who have the appetite for CFB 7 pt tease, NoIlly is a very good dance partner IMO... GL Mars.. Rare week in which I have no MAC action on my card.

I like, how about illini?

lean it hard bro but just cant pull the trigger. If you have an inflated ball and run an offense vs that defense you should have success.. but dunno-- just doesn't feel right.. GL bro

just out curiosity...why don't you post all your plays. I have been following you on a lot of your plays you have posted over the years and i really respect your abilities...no homo

:cheers:

to be honest-- its a lot of work and kind of lost interest.. happens to a lot of guys on these boards.. Also I have voiced some pretty aggressive anti-tout opinions here in the past and much of the fallout has left me less than enthused... That's the short of it.. The long of it is much more complicated... If I have a very strong opinion on a game (TU), and those have been quite good thru the years, I'll try to post it up.. Been here from the beginning and regardless of the up and downs and douchebag attacks-- this place has a special spot in my heart.. But the days of posting all sports, all plays are long gone.. Is what it is bro.. GL my man. appreciate your support thru the years

some needed historical perspective on the SGU thing... For me its a superstition more than anything else and the old timers know the deal.. For newbies the last few years.. Shonn Greene (easy name but spelled incorrectly 80% of the time) played for Iowa in 2008-2009 on some very underrated teams and they covered at an ungodly clip those years.. He was a stud and many on here got on early and made a ton on Iowa ATS... Thus SGU or Shonn greene unifuckingversity.. pretty sure 20 years from now if I am still roaming this earth, I will refer to them as SGU...some will recall, those same years, JSU (james Starks university, Buffalo) was pretty good also.....good memories

sorry dub how about i act my age and not my shoe size for once..

some needed historical perspective on the SGU thing... For me its a superstition more than anything else and the old timers know the deal.. For newbies the last few years.. Shonn Greene (easy name but spelled incorrectly 80% of the time) played for Iowa in 2008-2009 on some very underrated teams and they covered at an ungodly clip those years.. He was a stud and many on here got on early and made a ton on Iowa ATS... Thus SGU or Shonn greene unifuckingversity.. pretty sure 20 years from now if I am still roaming this earth, I will refer to them as SGU...some will recall, those same years, JSU (james Starks university, Buffalo) was pretty good also.....good memories
good memories for sure! GL Tee!

Never forget that New Years Day game where Shonn rumbled all over S Car. Had 3 alarms set to call my bet in before 11am kick. SGU jumped on the Gamecocks early and dominated that ass. Good times.

SGU up 14-10 at half.. two quarters couldn't have been any different.. Iowa couldn't get a first down all half then in last 6 minutes Rudock goes 11-11 and two TDs.. Helped that Sparty got dinged in secondary on a friendly fire hit.. MSU's defense is obviously legit but so is Iowa's... Problem--RB Weisman nicked his ankle and tho he came back he obviously is limited... Iowa has figured a few things out and looked to build vs Sparty defense but adjustments at half will be made on both sides.. Good big ten football if defense is your fancy.. Like my position quite well.. Not sure I have seen a dirtier team in a long time than Sparty.. Kind of like it but they are killing themselves with all the extra stuff..

nice halftime middle opened up at desirable vig for those who didn't like what they saw.... not for me tho:dancing:

Jerry Kill will not coach Minny today. Had seizure this morning and remained in the twin cities... Interesting situational aspect now.

Back