Big play 06/17

Trueblue

Pretty much a regular
Indians ML or -1/2
1st 5 innings

Huge pitching desparities as Davies goes up against an irrate Tribe squad looking to avoid the sweep. And of course... the man, Carmona. Watching a number of Indian games over the past months, Carmona is often left in the game too long. His ERs dont come off of his beginning performance, but more toward the 6-9th innings. Check the recent game logs, his tendencies to give up runs come in the later half.

So in simple terms,

-I'm fading the shitty road pitcher that although has had a few decent outings this year, he has not proven himself on the road.

-I'm riding the hot pitcher that seems to pitch better at the beginning of games when not tired.

I'd like you guys to play devil's advocate with me on this one, because I'm very close to making it my POY in MLB. GL 2m guys

Not sure I've caught a previous post or thread by you Trueblue and if I've indeed missed out, then please excuse me. I am interested however in this single selection which you have posted for Fathers Day, which is a five-inning play as well. I will assume that you must feel quite strongly about your selection, considering you have avoided the full-game Cleveland result in favor of the half-game Indians result? Very interesting to say the least and I wish you the bol! :shake:

Not sure I've caught a previous post or thread by you Trueblue and if I've indeed missed out, then please excuse me. I am interested however in this single selection which you have posted for Fathers Day, which is a five-inning play as well. I will assume that you must feel quite strongly about your selection, considering you have avoided the full-game Cleveland result in favor of the half-game Indians result? Very interesting to say the least and I wish you the bol! :shake:

I've only made a few MLB posts. Since I started my new job, I don't have a lot of time to cap anymore so most of my game plays are for entertainment purposes and are researched half ass. I'd rather not post unless I put some decent time into a matchup. This is a game that caught my eye right away, for the Tribe have not been swept at home since last year. They are also only 1 game up on the Tigers and I'm sure they don't want that lead to flip-flop. Smoltz held the Tribe to 7 hits. What will Davies do? I cringe. Keep the thoughts coming please. I am more then open to being talked out of this play with some great info. Thanks.

looks solid to me... you never know what the lineups will look like on a sunday if you want an argument.

I'm sure you know about Carmona's day/night splits and he's been ridiculous during the day. Can't find anything to counter it with really. Baseball is baseball and crazy things happen you just can't cap - that's about it. I was thinking RL for the game myself. BOL TrueBlue

The play will probably work. The problem is last 5 games Cleveland has only scored 16 runs. Their bats are a little quiet and Davies in his last 5 road games has at least 2 high quality starts vs Pit and Cubs. Normally you would say Cleveland hits much better than those teams but in this current hitting lull---? Good LUck

renew - I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to play this one. Maybe Garko will be put back in the lineup, who knows.

tuck - The Tribe's hitting draught is something I considered, but Davies is not a good pitcher...at all. Last 4 starts, 20 innings - 19 runs. Braves offense health is kinda sketch as of late too. Neverthless, it is still definitely a point of concern.

Does anyone think that the game line is more favorable then the 1st 5? Curious to see if my Carmona pitching better in the earlier innings is just a skewed perception that I wanted to see.
Thanks for the thoughts, I'll sleep on em and decide in the morning. Keep them coming. thanks.

True,
I was about to make this same post, Look for Davies to be horrible, He has become what we in atlanta have all grown accustomed to, he hsould eb responsible for atleast 4 runs, and yes Camora has been is 5-0 in day starts with an ERA of less than 2. This is a solid play because when Daavies is on the mound the braves are in trouble. I think there is a lot of value in a few props for this game....

Cleveland to Score First

Cleveland team total over (whatever)

Cleveland 1st five innings and Game, the indians should build a big lead in this onem depending on how well the Tribes pen pitches, remember Renteria is real hot and so are a few other braves batters. I could see them trying to compete with thier bats but they probably fall short.

Confirmed, this will be my POY for MLB. GL today guys. Thanks a lot for the thoughts and confidence with the play. Lets get this.

Wow, that was a late ass run to win it. Grats, 1st 5 backers/tailers. I'll prolly be on the D-rays next. POY comes in

Back