Big okc trade

utfootball4

Pretty much a regular
Serge Ibaka has been traded to the Magic for a package that includes Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and No. 11 pick Domantas Sabonis.

OKC gets a major haul of talent in exchange for Ibaka, whom they were shopping lately, and Oladipo represents a big upgrade at the SG spot for OKC. A potential starting backcourt of Russell Westbrook and Victor Oladipo would be frightening for opposing guards, and the addition of Ilyasova and Sabonis helps beef up OKC's frontcourt depth. Ibaka's number have tailed off in recent seasons for the Thunder, but he should see an uptick in usage and fantasy value as a starter for the Magic.

I have no idea why Orlando would make this deal. They likely wanted to move Oladipo to get more time for Hezonja, but Ibaka is not worth this much.

I thought Oladipo for Ibaka was too much, and then they also gave up Sabonis. Terrible.

okc is now the front runner to win the championship in my eyes.... just need to get one or two more role players....

westbrook needs to stop handling the ball.... everyone knows thats the god damn problem.... just because he is framed like a point doesn't mean he should play point

orlando is stupid....they looked to have a promising future for a couple years but this just blew that up

okc is now the front runner to win the championship in my eyes.... just need to get one or two more role players....

westbrook needs to stop handling the ball.... everyone knows thats the god damn problem.... just because he is framed like a point doesn't mean he should play point

orlando is stupid....they looked to have a promising future for a couple years but this just blew that up

The only people who think that is a problem are those outside of OKC, and outside of the NBA and the analysts. You won't find too many people in the game who think Westbrook shouldn't be playing PG. He averaged 10 assists a game, what more can the dude do?

The only people who think that is a problem are those outside of OKC, and outside of the NBA and the analysts. You won't find too many people in the game who think Westbrook shouldn't be playing PG. He averaged 10 assists a game, what more can the dude do?
Yeah I don't understand

Not make stupid decisions when the game matters. I don't give a shit about stats. Love can average 20 rebounds a game. That doesn't mean he's a great PF. Westbrook should not be in charge of the decision making duties.

They should and it looks like they will move him to the 2 spot.

Not make stupid decisions when the game matters. I don't give a shit about stats. Love can average 20 rebounds a game. That doesn't mean he's a great PF. Westbrook should not be in charge of the decision making duties.

They should and it looks like they will move him to the 2 spot.

Looks like they will based on what? Russ isn't moving to 2 guard, he's their PG.

Making stupid decisions when the game matters (which happens but not nearly as much as it did in the past, and certainly wasn't the reason they lost the GS series) doesn't mean he's a bad PG either, using your own logic. You just don't think he's a good PG, and that's your narrative, so you're sticking with it. You're wrong, at least if we listen to anyone who actually matters in the league, but that's okay. It is what it is.

Also pointing out his stats shows that he does play the role of PG pretty damn well. Not sure why you want to discount stats when they don't support your argument, but you'll jump all over them if they agree with your opinion.

If oladipo and westbrook are on the court simultaneously, that will automatically change the decision making process

If oladipo and westbrook are on the court simultaneously, that will automatically change the decision making process

The only thing that may change would be Oladipo picking up the PG on defense if Russ can't handle him, which probably won't happen much as Russ is a pretty good defender. It gives them the ability to have Oladipo lock down someone else on the floor whole Russ locks down his man, that's for sure. One of Oladipo's weaknesses is his ball handling, and with Russ already having a great chemistry with his teammates on the floor as far as knowing where they'll be and getting them easy buckets, there is pretty much zero chance Oladipo handles the ball over Russ.

Since Lakers stopped being contenders, I root for the Thunder each year to win the title and I doubt there is bigger RW fan on this forum than I and I believe that he possibly reinvented this position and could end up as the best PG if not ever to play the game, then at least in our generation (yes, better than Nash, Kyrie and even Curry). I agree with the article - he really had great chemistry with both bigs, Adams and Ibaka. He knew their favorite spots and knew how to get them the ball for easy points. He is great on ball defender and there is no one better than him in transition offense. He is just amazing to watch - for me, he is the most fun player to watch in the league. He reminds me a lot of younger Kobe, with the way he attacks his defender, with the way that he can take over the game and so on. But, he also has a lot of Kobe's problems. He tries to gamble too much on defense and sometimes losses eye contact with the player he defends. He loves to play hero ball and you just shouldn't do that on a team that has KD.
I like the way he improves each season. After his last year's heroics, I honestly didn't think he could get better and that it will be hard for him to play with KD again - but I was wrong. He was amazing this season.

As for the trade, Thunder made a great trade, but I don't like all the talk about Ibaka. Ibaka and Adams the reason why Thunder almost made it to the NBA Finals. Ibaka can defend any position and still block shots and grab boards - that's huge in modern NBA. He turned in to spot up shooter on offense, but no one talks about what a huge asset he is on defense and for a young team like Orlando, that has their share of young players, he can be a very important player and should play huge role in Magic defense and bigger role on Magic's offense.
Still, Oladipo is already proven NBA player and still very young, so he should improve, Sabonis is another young prospect and Thunder suddenly look both much younger and much deeper.
I think that Thunder got the better end of this deal, but overall, this is a good trade for Magic as well - though they maybe could have traded for him for much less.

One problem though, Oladipo isn't a bad shooter, but teams will gamble many times and leave him open on three point line, to focus on KD (that won't go anywhere I believe) and RW.
I would love to see RW, Oladipo, Roberson, KD and Adams line up. This can be an amazing defensive unit against any of the contenders...

One thing OKC needed was someone to shut down, or at least try to contain, Klay Thompson. They seem to have checked off that need with the acquisition of Oladipo. He will be able to D up Thompson, as Russ already does a decent job on Steph. If they had someone who could do a decent job defensively on Klay this season, they would have won that series...as the only reason GS stayed alive was that ridiculous outburst Klay had in Game 6.

Since Lakers stopped being contenders, I root for the Thunder each year to win the title and I doubt there is bigger RW fan on this forum than I and I believe that he possibly reinvented this position and could end up as the best PG if not ever to play the game, then at least in our generation (yes, better than Nash, Kyrie and even Curry). I agree with the article - he really had great chemistry with both bigs, Adams and Ibaka. He knew their favorite spots and knew how to get them the ball for easy points. He is great on ball defender and there is no one better than him in transition offense. He is just amazing to watch - for me, he is the most fun player to watch in the league. He reminds me a lot of younger Kobe, with the way he attacks his defender, with the way that he can take over the game and so on. But, he also has a lot of Kobe's problems. He tries to gamble too much on defense and sometimes losses eye contact with the player he defends. He loves to play hero ball and you just shouldn't do that on a team that has KD.
I like the way he improves each season. After his last year's heroics, I honestly didn't think he could get better and that it will be hard for him to play with KD again - but I was wrong. He was amazing this season.

As for the trade, Thunder made a great trade, but I don't like all the talk about Ibaka. Ibaka and Adams the reason why Thunder almost made it to the NBA Finals. Ibaka can defend any position and still block shots and grab boards - that's huge in modern NBA. He turned in to spot up shooter on offense, but no one talks about what a huge asset he is on defense and for a young team like Orlando, that has their share of young players, he can be a very important player and should play huge role in Magic defense and bigger role on Magic's offense.
Still, Oladipo is already proven NBA player and still very young, so he should improve, Sabonis is another young prospect and Thunder suddenly look both much younger and much deeper.
I think that Thunder got the better end of this deal, but overall, this is a good trade for Magic as well - though they maybe could have traded for him for much less.

One problem though, Oladipo isn't a bad shooter, but teams will gamble many times and leave him open on three point line, to focus on KD (that won't go anywhere I believe) and RW.
I would love to see RW, Oladipo, Roberson, KD and Adams line up. This can be an amazing defensive unit against any of the contenders...

how Kyrie get in here?

CP better than him

Back