Big 12 Championship --- Oklahoma/Texas vs Mizzu

This actually might be the spot to fade Oklahoma...this is their 3rd tough game in a row...like all the Texas fans complained about earlier in the year about Texas playing 4 tough games in a row.

Any championship game is a tough game bro..plus it will be a pro Mizzou crowd and if the weather is anything like it was today in KC, anything can happen.

Any championship game is a tough game bro..plus it will be a pro Mizzou crows and if the weather is anything like it was today in KC, anything can happen.

True but I can promise you it doesnt matter who is in this game, Texas or OU fans will make this game in numbers and Mizzu wont have that advantage. Chase Daniels hasnt stepped in any big game by turning the ball over. In fact he has turned the ball over in every single game this year other then SW Mizzu St, Nevada and Buffalo. He was terrible in the Big 12 Championsip game last year.They crushed Arkansas last year but he had nothing to do with that with a passer rating of 40. Hes just not a good QB in big situation, whoever plays them, crushes them.

tough line to make.

my instincts tell me the ou/texas selection will be around -13 whoever it is and i think that is probably too much. maybe -11 for whoever is chosen.... tough line to make right now. one thing is probable , the line value will be with missouri.

tough line to make.

my instincts tell me the ou/texas selection will be around -13 whoever it is and i think that is probably too much. maybe -11 for whoever is chosen.... tough line to make right now. one thing is probable , the line value will be with missouri.

I really just dont see it that way, there is nothing that can convince me that Mizzu can hang with either. Like I said Chase Daniel doesnt come up big in these games. Mizzu's defense couldnt stop either of these guys. If it were at 10 for Texas or Oklahoma I will take that for any amount of money. I think they line will be near 3 scores

if it's 10 either way that is low..but over two Td's..i dunno.

I still think it's in 15-17 range.

I really just dont see it that way, there is nothing that can convince me that Mizzu can hang with either. Like I said Chase Daniel doesnt come up big in these games. Mizzu's defense couldnt stop either of these guys. If it were at 10 for Texas or Oklahoma I will take that for any amount of money. I think they line will be near 3 scores

i disagree about daniel not coming up big but your point about their defense stopping ou or texas is well founded. just remember when ou played kstate in the big12 title game .... nothing is for certain.

i disagree about daniel not coming up big but your point about their defense stopping ou or texas is well founded. just remember when ou played kstate in the big12 title game .... nothing is for certain.

That's true. Stranger things have happened. OU vs. KSU. Texas vs. Colorado. Texas vs. Nebraska.

3.5 believe it or not

right .. i know it had a lot of movement .... but basically it said they were even teams on a neutral and now texas or oklahoma ( assuming most of us think that ou and texas are relatively equal teams ) is going to be roughly two td favs on a semi-neutral. Not going to be value on texas/oklahoma side i dont think.

It's kinda funny but I think Texas covers if they play Mizzou, but not Oklahoma because this will be their third tough game in a row...who knows though,,these top 3 or 4 teams are just steam rolling everyone and it's hard to get in their way.

It's kinda funny but I think Texas covers if they play Mizzou, but not Oklahoma because this will be their third tough game in a row...who knows though,,these top 3 or 4 teams are just steam rolling everyone and it's hard to get in their way.

Exactly. i am just staying out of the way of these powerhouse teams when i like the other side .... line value just doesnt seem to matter as much , it seems. I kind of liked auburn plus the points today but stayed away for that very reason you mention

lvsc made oklahoma -14.5

this is so stupid ..... reminds me of our womens gymnastics team getting screwed by the international judges in the olympics .... scoreboard doesnt count anymore i guess.

lvsc made oklahoma -14.5

this is so stupid ..... reminds me of our womens gymnastics team getting screwed by the international judges in the olympics .... scoreboard doesnt count anymore i guess.

Kyle, please read my final post in the other thread "My take......."

I think it explains what the voters were thinking and how the comps were computing.

Either way, the system has spoken. Complain all you want, but many, many somebodys don't see it like you do and quite frankly they don't give a crap who agrees with them. When everything was laid out, OU was chosen by humans and computers. There really is nothing else to say about it. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd feel validated like I do about the Sooners.

Kyle, please read my final post in the other thread "My take......."

I think it explains what the voters were thinking and how the comps were computing.

Either way, the system has spoken. Complain all you want, but many, many somebodys don't see it like you do and quite frankly they don't give a crap who agrees with them. When everything was laid out, OU was chosen by humans and computers. There really is nothing else to say about it. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd feel validated like I do about the Sooners.

Going to be bitter for awhile , but congrats on getting your shot. The way the system is one of the two teams and their fans were going to get screwed. It was Texas this time.

Impossible for me to say i would think differently if the shoe were on the other foot but i am not blinded to the fact i have a strong bias either.

I did read your last post in the "my take" thread and i get that .. i just wish they would also look at the uncommon big12 north opponents as well. missouri and colorado as compared to kstate and nebraska.

It's all meaningless now. ou is going and texas is not ... now just have to figure out how to make money off the games that are scheduled.

Again , i'm disappointed and disagree with the decision but congrats to you guys for getting your chance.

Anyone think Texas can still play in the Nat. title game?

Def. if OU would get upset I think Texas could get in still over USC............

I have a feeling this might be good for us from the betting perspective.

I remember a few years ago, I think it was USC got kind of screwed out of the national title game. Whoever it was, though, went to great pains to absolutely crush whoever they played in their bowl game to make a statement. If Mack Brown wasn't such a flaming p*ssy I might expect something similar from Texas here. As it is, I think it will depend on the matchup, but if the matchup's right they do have the talent to run it up on somebody, no?

It's funny but the human polls solidly pushed for Texas the final week. Hell the list of pundits calling for Texas to be over ou are legion...Fowler, herbstreit, flutie, james, musberger, palmer, may, davis, etc and so forth.

What put ou over the top was the 4 computers throwing out Tenny Chat, and 2 coaches voting ou 1, 1 coach voting Tech number 1, while Texas got zero first place votes. There will be a ton of explaining to do when the votes go public next week.

OU is going to stomp the shit out of Mizzu. Only concern is Bradley has some torn ligaments and is going to be wearing a cast. He might have trouble getting all those snaps in the shotgun and the cold weather might not be to kind.

The only way this game will be close is if there is an injury to Bradford during the game.

OU is going to stomp the shit out of Mizzu. Only concern is Bradley has some torn ligaments and is going to be wearing a cast. He might have trouble getting all those snaps in the shotgun and the cold weather might not be to kind.

The only way this game will be close is if there is an injury to Bradford during the game.

totally agree

and after looking at more will play tomorrow most likely

Perfect spot to play Missouri. First OU is hands down better then texas . Everyone keeps going to back to a fluke win on a neutral field where they were 7 pt dogs . Texas goes to Oklahoma they get stomped . Believe OU went for a punt fake or something and everything unraveled . It's one game which happened to be H2H . You line OU and texas again today on a neutral field and I still make OU -6 . Texas pulled out wins vs OU and held on at home vs Okie State plus lost @ Texas Tech. So they beat down Missouri big deal the Tigers had peaked at Nebraska . If Texas was so great they would have been more then -3.5 pt favs. Which at a venue like Texas if the home team is only 3.5 it implies the road team is better . No good team has a HFA of 3 or 3.5 pts in sports . Texas overrated and undeserving .

Anyway OU can and will score at will . Problem is ST not that impressive and defense while solid allows a ton of points . Believe OU lost another starting MLB and we all know Bradford has the injury which OU is going to downplay regardless .

Really even with OU scoring 60+ 4 straight at better then 2 TDs when do you get comfortable with OU covering ? 51 or so points ? Think all but 1 game since Texas they allowed 28 or + points . It was impressive to see OU cover @ Okie State but everything went right for them late in the game to do so. Lets not forget while I wont disagree Okie State exposed Mizzou they fact remains Mizzou was still 2 TDs favs and if they played again would still be heavy favs or at least a TD .

OU had 3 TDs on short fields 22,27 and 28 yd drives . Without those its tough to score alot of points . They had other drives that last 13 ,14 and 14 plays those will chew up 4 or 5 minutes usally. Less time equals less possessions especially if Mizzou can move the ball and protect it.

Missouri off a SU loss at 19 pt favs as well . You have Missouri with Heisman hopefuls on offense as well who definetly want some redemption.

Should be interesting but anything above -11.5 seems like alot of value to me. No reason why Mizzou cant keep this around 10 pts all game. Tough opponent after tough opponent will catch up to them because you cant play perfect ball week after week.

OU was -19 at home vs KU and didnt cover and was a competitive game which was mostly a TD defecit..KU got the breaks early up 26-10 but Mizzou rallied but couldnt stop them late . Wasnt this game OU -3 last year and tied at half??

Missouri Tigers +16 maybe more .....:cheers:

No value in laying almost 17 points with an injured QB led OU squad vs. a disappointed, hungry, Missouri team.

Missouri was looking ahead on Sat. They want a piece of OU in the worst way. I think somehow they keep it close.

Perfect spot to play Missouri. First OU is hands down better then texas . Everyone keeps going to back to a fluke win on a neutral field where they were 7 pt dogs . Texas goes to Oklahoma they get stomped . Believe OU went for a punt fake or something and everything unraveled . It's one game which happened to be H2H . You line OU and texas again today on a neutral field and I still make OU -6 . Texas pulled out wins vs OU and held on at home vs Okie State plus lost @ Texas Tech. So they beat down Missouri big deal the Tigers had peaked at Nebraska . If Texas was so great they would have been more then -3.5 pt favs. Which at a venue like Texas if the home team is only 3.5 it implies the road team is better . No good team has a HFA of 3 or 3.5 pts in sports . Texas overrated and undeserving .

Anyway OU can and will score at will . Problem is ST not that impressive and defense while solid allows a ton of points . Believe OU lost another starting MLB and we all know Bradford has the injury which OU is going to downplay regardless .

Really even with OU scoring 60+ 4 straight at better then 2 TDs when do you get comfortable with OU covering ? 51 or so points ? Think all but 1 game since Texas they allowed 28 or + points . It was impressive to see OU cover @ Okie State but everything went right for them late in the game to do so. Lets not forget while I wont disagree Okie State exposed Mizzou they fact remains Mizzou was still 2 TDs favs and if they played again would still be heavy favs or at least a TD .

OU had 3 TDs on short fields 22,27 and 28 yd drives . Without those its tough to score alot of points . They had other drives that last 13 ,14 and 14 plays those will chew up 4 or 5 minutes usally. Less time equals less possessions especially if Mizzou can move the ball and protect it.

Missouri off a SU loss at 19 pt favs as well . You have Missouri with Heisman hopefuls on offense as well who definetly want some redemption.

Should be interesting but anything above -11.5 seems like alot of value to me. No reason why Mizzou cant keep this around 10 pts all game. Tough opponent after tough opponent will catch up to them because you cant play perfect ball week after week.

OU was -19 at home vs KU and didnt cover and was a competitive game which was mostly a TD defecit..KU got the breaks early up 26-10 but Mizzou rallied but couldnt stop them late . Wasnt this game OU -3 last year and tied at half??

Missouri Tigers +16 maybe more .....:cheers:

you don't pick based on what vegas would set the line at. you pick based on what happened on the field. I agree that there won't be any value on OU.

MIZZZZZZZOOOOOUUUUUUuuuu

In limelight again.

Agree Inskepka they want a piece of this ass.

Mizzou game was bet down from 7. Ou was a 7 at home vs. Tech. Big deal.

As for a fluke win, you've already admitted you didn't watch the game. How can you call it a fluke then? I was there that day, eight rows up. I've also seen the game about a dozen times on tape, and had the game gone another quarter, Texas wins the ball game by 3 TD's. They physically whipped ou. Oklahoma was gassed on both sides of the football.

Had it not been for a bullshit roughing the punter call, the sooners would have been shut out the last 20 minutes of that ball game. Fluke my ass. Watch the game before you spout off about something arbitrarily. Something that factually inaccurate may end up costing someone money.

Your analysis is way out of line. Why the hell was ou only a 7 point fave at home vs. Tech then? That equates to being a near pick 'em game at Lubbock then, no? Your spread angle makes absolutely no sense on its face.

As for a fluke win, you've already admitted you didn't watch the game. How can you call it a fluke then? I was there that day, eight rows up. I've also seen the game about a dozen times on tape, and had the game gone another quarter, Texas wins the ball game by 3 TD's. They physically whipped ou. Oklahoma was gassed on both sides of the football.

Had it not been for a bullshit roughing the punter call, the sooners would have been shut out the last 20 minutes of that ball game. Fluke my ass. Watch the game before you spout off about something arbitrarily. Something that factually inaccurate may end up costing someone money.

None of what you say are facts about what Oklahoma would have done. Nothing you say has evidence. Just because you were at the game and have obsessed over it doesnt mean you have any idea on what WOULD have happened. How do you know it would have happened? Well I think that if Oklahoma played Texas again, they would win, and I watched the game, and I think it was a fluke game. There you fucking have it.

Something to keep an eye on that game is Jeremy Maclin. On his last catch he was brutally upended and had to be helped off the field with a bad hip. If he can't go or isn't 100%, then the Tigers will not only miss his explosiveness on offense, but will miss an opportunity to take advantage of oklahoma's horrendoues coverage teams.

Word on the street is that Manual Johnson and Demarcus Granger may miss the game for ou.

Also, Mizzou is getting a ton of help from Texas in the way of film, scouting reports, tendencies, you name it. Again, Texas basically shut out the sooners for a quarter and a half and had the best success defensively against ou. Ofcourse, Texas has the best defense in the Big 12 and Mizzou, not so much. FWIW.

None of what you say are facts about what Oklahoma would have done. Nothing you say has evidence. Just because you were at the game and have obsessed over it doesnt mean you have any idea on what WOULD have happened. How do you know it would have happened? Well I think that if Oklahoma played Texas again, they would win, and I watched the game, and I think it was a fluke game. There you fucking have it.

Wow. You say I need meds. The fact of the matter is Texas held ou to 35 points. If not for a roughing the punter call it would have been 28. Those are the facts. You can look them up.

Alex, you do realize that Texas held every opponent it played significantly under their respective season averages? Is that a fluke? I'd call it a trend. Here are the opponents' season averages with what Texas allowed in parens.

OU 53.33 (35),
Missouri 45 (31)
Tech 44.58 (39)
Ok St 41.58 (24)
UTEP 32.92 (13)
KU 32.67 (7)
Baylor 28 (21)
FAU 25.17 (10)
A&M 25.00 (9)
Ark 21.92 (10)
CO 20.17 (14)

No one touched their season average against Texas. That's pretty remarkable.

texas also got lucky with bullshit late hit penalties when travis lewis breathed on Colt which made Colt fall down. That whole game was BS officiating.

texas also got lucky with bullshit late hit penalties when travis lewis breathed on Colt which made Colt fall down. That whole game was BS officiating.

True. But the one that extended a drive only led to a field goal. When do we get to discuss holding?

Back