Big 12 Championship - Baylor / Oklahoma State

Not sure the interest on this game but will do a standalone as I will have a big vested interest in Okie State.

Listening to Fuhrman earlier and seemed pretty sure that Shapen would be at QB for Baylor. That's quite big in if the case.
I’m already on OSU, but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

I’m already on OSU, but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

My biggest concern surrounding Pokes is Sanders and he came up big against OU and I like that confidence to carry over this weekend. Baylor has issues at QB and you simply can't be one-dimensional against Okie State's defense. Natural concern is about the OU letdown but, instead, I see OSU carrying over momentum into this Saturday, especially with a FF bid on the line.

27-13

Natural concern is about the OU letdown but, instead, I see OSU carrying over momentum into this Saturday
Same here. Beating OU is huge for Oklahoma State. No one on that team has ever done it and that was only the second time Gundy has done it in his 17 years as HC. When a school that is ALWAYS overshadowed by big brother wins one it's hard to recover as Michigan State proved when they beat Michigan and promptly got thrashed by Purdue.

I agree with Frank the odds are Okla State can do it though. For one thing it's defense that decides every game for Okla State and D is more likely to show up than offense, and I doubt Baylor gets their QB back.

Last edited:
i been wrong about baylor pretty much all year so it worries me but i have okie lite ml to start a parlay and sanders over 208.5 passing yards.

i figured it didnt matter a ton cause sounded like he wouldnt be a runner if he did play, not sure he all that great without mobility?
Fair point. But just a more composed player / better leader. Even at 80% think he gave Baylor a better shot.

We'll see.

Same here. Beating OU is huge for Oklahoma State. No one on that team has ever done it and that was only the second time Gundy has done it in his 17 years as HC. When a school that is ALWAYS overshadowed by big brother wins one it's hard to recover as Michigan State proved when they beat Michigan and promptly got thrashed by Purdue.

I agree with Frank the odds are Okla State can do it though. For one thing it's defense that decides every game for Okla State and D is more likely to show up than offense, and I doubt Baylor gets their QB back.

i have a such a hard time with this so i tend to ignore, in sparty case i just thought purdue was a bad matchup for them seeing how they throw a lot, prob not the same kind of ass kicking tho, i dunno? lol.. in okie lite case and mich seems to me those wins wouldnt be that important if they went and blew their games today but maybe that not true? i really dont like Baylor so im with you! i trust your take on bears games way more than my own.

Fair point. But just a more composed player / better leader. Even at 80% think he gave Baylor a better shot.

We'll see.

probably so, i liked okie lite either way but as i mentioned i have not been good with bears at all this year!! glad there a few games of film on this other kid or i would worry, you would think this a really big ask for a kid with one start up against this d.

probably so, i liked okie lite either way but as i mentioned i have not been good with bears at all this year!! glad there a few games of film on this other kid or i would worry, you would think this a really big ask for a kid with one start up against this d.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if Shapen doesn't make mistakes today, maybe several.

Can Sanders stay clean as well? We'll see.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if Shapen doesn't make mistakes today, maybe several.

Can Sanders stay clean as well? We'll see.

i used to always call him a turnover machine in years past but he been way better with ball security this year, i think more important than even being mistake free would be for him to make some impact scoring plays against a baylor secondary who corners dont grade out very well.

i used to always call him a turnover machine in years past but he been way better with ball security this year, i think more important than even being mistake free would be for him to make some impact scoring plays against a baylor secondary who corners dont grade out very well.

I mentioned earlier....he played confidently, and well, against OU. I expect / banking on that to carry over today.

Back