Bibby to Hawks

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
In related news, Lebron was officially put on suicide watch...

The Kings have reached an agreement in principle to send veteran guard Mike Bibby to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue and forwards Lorenzen Wright and Shelden Williams, sources told The Bee on Saturday.

Bibby is overrated. I think the Kings got a better deal. I think Williams can become a decent center in the league and they get some cap space with Wright coming off the books I believe.

un fucking real....jesus christ mike brown danny ferry you piece of fucking trash...sorry guys

the cavs have no tradeable assets

they wanted andre miller but the sixers basically told em who you gonna give us? Lebron? other than that you got nothing...

I love how it's 'Shaq to the Suns,' 'Gasol to the Lakers,' 'Kidd to the Mavs,' and what does the Eastern Conference get?

Mike Bibby to Atlanta.

Too funny.

the cavs have no tradeable assets

they wanted andre miller but the sixers basically told em who you gonna give us? Lebron? other than that you got nothing...

I still argue they might as well have traded their entire roster outside of LeBron to Jersey for Kidd.

For christsake, you could fill the rest of the roster with D-League players and still challenge for the Eastern Conference Championship.

Bibbys over the hill, he's a mediocre PG at best, but it's still an upgrade for the Hawks from Lue/Anthony, and gives Law a year to improve. Sheldon Williams, can't play center, those contracts have to be coming off the books soon, right? Why would the Kings want any of those guys.

Also, if your a Hawks fan, are you happy or is this trade bittersweet, a franchise like Atlanta who has never really stuck their neck out on the line to over pay for someone ($$wise) other then Joe johnson, and the time they finally pull of a trade, they get three years past peak, middle of the road guy, who really is more of a name-reputation player, then a player? I'd be upset, I'd rather see the Hawks tie that money up somewhere else, I know PG is a weakness, but does Bibby really do anything for the Hawks future? Are they playing just to get to the postseason? Bibby doesn't really elevate them out of anything more then maybe a 4-7 spot, and a second round exit.

40% FG, 39%3pt, 4rebs, 5ast, 13 pts, for almost 14mil a season. If I'm a hawks fan, that's 14mil tied up I'd rather spend else where on free agency:down2:

The only reason they wanted to trade Bibby is the play of Udrih. he can shoot and make assists, something Bibby didn't really do (assists).

Damn it cavs front office, they have to have something of value other than lebron...What about draft picks then, they certainly have those.

And yeah your right smokedog, Artest even knows he's gonna be traded. They had him on the evening news saying it's inevitable. Also, that trade will be done because of the play of John Salmons and Francisco Garcia. The coach loves the hustle of both of them.

As a Sixers fan, this hurts. Atlanta has always been in need of a PG that understands how to play, and now they have one. I understand his numbers have been off, and he is returning from injury, but he is now one of the better PG in the East.

Many may ask why I care about the Sixers making the playoffs. Well, I'm tired of draft picks and I believe that the young guys we have would all benefit from playing meaningful games and making the playoffs. Would the Sixers get swept by the C's in the 1st round? No doubt. However, to have the Boston/Philly thing going again is great for basketball, and great for the Sixers organization.

i agree with that - theres no point in the sixers having the 12th pick again

it would be one thing if they were bad enough to get top 5, but at this point they might as well make the playoffs - thatll make em look more enticing to free agents as well

40% FG, 39%3pt, 4rebs, 5ast, 13 pts, for almost 14mil a season. If I'm a hawks fan, that's 14mil tied up I'd rather spend else where on free agency:down2:

You should lookup his playoff stats, then you'd understand what type of player Bibby is.

His garbage stats from a first half where he was sidelined with a torn thumb ligament is no way to evaluate a player -- just ask Kobe.

Last edited:
Man, this deal is sweet for both teams. The Kings get cap relief and acquire a young big-man in Williams. The Hawks give up nothing and get Bibby, who is overpaid, but only has one more year left on his deal. With a high draft pick this year, they can make some noise in the East next season.

I understand being tired of draft picks as a Sixers fan, and I agree that having Philly back in the East race again would be nice (so, too, would having the Knicks there), but just how bad the East is can be underscored by the simple phrase, "he is now one of the better PG in the East."

That is a sad, sad state of affairs.

I'm still waiting for the NBA to take me up on my proposal to trade the Nuggets to the Eastern Conference for the playoffs this year. I think it would make things 'much' more interesting.

Well Joe. The East SHOULD have New Orleans, right?

Yes, and NO should be in the playoffs if only for additional revenue to that city. But they're already in.

The Joe Public proposal is that one of Jersey, Washington, or Philly, gets traded to the Western Conference for the remainder of the season and Denver goes to the East with the caveat that they can finish no higher than 7th in the Conference. We will decide which of those three teams will go in a live lottery system that, frankly, no one will watch.

You should lookup his playoff stats, then you'd understand what type of player Bibby is.

Yeah, he's had some good post seasons in the past, he was also dynamite at Arizona, this isn't the kings from earlier this decade, and it's not the same Bibby.

He's not that player, at best he's 16ppg/4ast on 40% shooting. That is Mike Bibby. Does he make the Hawks better? Yeah, and is he an upgrade over Lue/Johnson/Law, sure. But that's also one of the worst PG situations in the league. I just don't think Bibby brings as much as people think, and I would rather have cap relief and flexibility in the free agency, then a guy who a few years ago had some good run in the post season.

I like the Hawks, one of my 5 favorite teams, but not sure this is going to that much for them

can't blame the hawks for making a move to clinch a playoff spot, but i agree, long term its a bad deal.

:thumbsup:

I went through all of the rosters and he is about the 8th best PG right now...

Awesome deal for the boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you really gonna see what Joe and the Joshes can do.

Definitely short on bigs now but we should be able to get a servicable backup for our 13th roster spot.

Hawks two biggest weaknesses, 3point shooting and PG play.
Bibby improves both alot.

Joe's numbers going nowhere but up. His FG% is way down this year, but it looks like he should get much better looks now. Don't forget Bibby's late game heroics.

I am happy as a Lark!!!!:36_11_6:

:smiley_acbe:

:thumbsup:

I went through all of the rosters and he is about the 8th best PG right now...

Awesome deal for the boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you really gonna see what Joe and the Joshes can do.

Definitely short on bigs now but we should be able to get a servicable backup for our 13th roster spot.

Hawks two biggest weaknesses, 3point shooting and PG play.
Bibby improves both alot.

Joe's numbers going nowhere but up. His FG% is way down this year, but it looks like he should get much better looks now. Don't forget Bibby's late game heroics.

I am happy as a Lark!!!!:36_11_6:

:smiley_acbe:

8th best?:36_11_6:

Flat out better:
Jason Kidd
Jose Calderon
Chauncey Billups
Maurice Williams
Raymond Felton
Gilbert Arenas
Baron Davis
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Devin Harris
Jason Terry
Tony Parker

Thats 12 quick names that I'd take over Bibby, and there is probably another 20 as far as 'bang for buck', and productivity over the next 5 years (like Jordan Farmar/Louis Williams/Mike Conley Jr, etc..), that would pull rank on Bibby.

Obviously as a Hawks fan, you have to be happy. But 8th best, your dilusional bro, people gotta stop thinking that Peja is still posted in the corner, Vlades at the top of the key working hi and low pick and rolls. This isn't Mike Bibby from 2002-03, this 2008 folks.

I'd even throw Rajon Rondo over Bibby due to the fact he defends and rebounds. Bibby is almost as bad as Jason Williams on the defensive side of the ball.

heh heh.

I think Bibby adds the 3pt threat more than PG play...that threat should help clear out the middle a LOT.

lifesallover-

You can take Terry, Harris, Felton, Arenas(not a pg), Williams and Calderon off your list and you have mine.
None of those guys are head and shoulders above Bibby.
He has done more than any of them it's not as if 29/30 makes someone ancient.
Supporting cast in Atlanta will make Bibby better as well, plus the fresh
scenery.
We are not looking for 5 years of production from him anyway...
It's not like it will take LAW that long.

The most important thing to remember with PG's is that the game is very mental in the playoffs and wisdom pays off then.
Let me just hope that he can help get us there.

I stand by my 8th best...

he means cleveland won't get Kidd or Bibby, and that's good for Boston and Detroit.

...or am I wrong?

Back