Best to worst/Worst to first

pressitup

Leader of the Adult Humor Industry
I'm sure we all figure Houston and Atlanta to make some turn from their previous underachievement.
But what teams/players do you think make the turn, up or down?

I hope after 8-8 seasons , the Cows do something different. Even less is better. They won't win much. I do like the offensive line, but the qb wore on me a long time ago.
I love the NFL. Let's get a guy that can't consistently start and make him the backup.
I'm sure that little back issue won't be a problem for Romo.

I'll get most of my foots on Fridays.

Has it happened every year for a while?

If TB gets massive QB play, they could

I am sure HOU would be the most popular to do

Maybe ATL won't be as horrible as they were last year(likely).....but I still see them finishing at the bottom. Offensive line being an issue and likely the worst HC in the league

And press you are a Cowboys fan right? Isnt every self respecting person that calls themselves a Texan one?

Browns are my sleeper candidate, especially if Gordon can get off the hook. Really like their defense and think they improved that side of the ball with offseason moves and the draft. One of the top offensive lines in the league on paper. 5 all pro players (think 2012 chiefs). Should see improved QB play this season and a revamped backfield (Tate + 2 promising rookies in West and Crowell). All the signs are there for a dramatically improved team. The division has some solid teams but I think it's up for grabs.

yes, Twink a Cow fan.
Enjoyed the Texans much more because they actually try hard. Not counting last year.

Jacksonville won't make anyone's list here. I don't see them doing anything. Starting out with two on the road vs. the NFC East.
They'll probably beat Dallas tho.

NFC best guesses:
Washington
Philly/Carolina

AFC best guesses:
Buffalo/Cleveland
Indianapolis

anything else would be pretty shocking to me

Panthers Under TT wins is my biggest season win bet so far.

agree with this. I like where this team is heading but they won a lot of close games last year. Can they do that again? I think it's unlikely.

Not a lot of hope on my part for the Boys this year, their overall talent level continues to decline from the Parcells days and the schedule looks like a bear. They continue on the inevitable Jerry cycle:

1) Bring in a solid football man to stock the cupboard (Johnson, Parcells), set high expectations and meet a lot of them.

2) Drop your solid football man when things are looking their brightest, snatch the wheel and bring in a Yes-man buffoon coach who will still win some as cracks develop thanks largely to a lack of discipline (Switzer, Phillips)

3) Bring in a cerebral guy to try to rebuild some discipline and accountability, flounder around on the playoff fringe as the talent gets old and isn't replaced well (Gailey, Garrett)

4) Watch the QB become an injury-riddled shell of himself, working with fading vets and a below average D as the team bottoms out in a series of losing seasons (Campo, still Garrett??)

5) A finally humbled owner returns to Step 1 to "relearn how to build a winner".

I'm sure he'll do just as fine as before considering he has to go out and earn that contract since it isn't guaranteed.

Jacksonville could push for 8 wins if they remain healthy on offense. They need Gerhart and shorts. They are well coached. They will play a "small ball" style --- pound the run, play good d. Lots of 17-14 type games this year.

who is Cam going to pass to?

Outside of Steve Smith (who most guys think is past his prime and has been for a year or two now anyway), who has Cam had to pass to in the past? I get the point about him not having any top-flight-type WRs....but he's never really had top-flight-type receivers in his first few years and he's done just fine.

SOS based on last years wins...

1. Oakland
2. ST Louis
3.Denver
3. San Fran
5.SD
5. KC( I wondered if they could be considered to drop this year.) Alex Smith especially.
7. Zona
7.The World Champs
9.NYJ
10.NE
11. MIAMI
11.GB
13. ATL
14. BUFF
15. WASH
16. DALLAS
17. CHI
18. DET
19. PHIL
20. TBAY
21. CAR
22. MINN
23. CIN
23. NYG
25. NO
26. PITT
27. JFF
28. BALTY
29.JAX
30. HOUSTON
31. TENNY
32. INDY( What's the win total on these guys?)

Back