Best Situational Play of the Playoffs Tonight in OKC

raems

Pretty much a regular
Under 196.5 in OKC, haven't been here in a long while and realistically won't be popping up much moving forward. Just had to post this here.

The pace in each game has gone down game over game every night since Game 2, which is when OKC decided to come together and actually play defense.

Third straight game of 1 day's rest. The flights are really short and we're not talking 4 in 5 nights or anything, but nonetheless the intensity and lack of extended rest here makes things tough on offense.

Spurs the best defense in the league, with their backs against the wall this is the identity I'd expect to come out. OKC isn't really winning these games with offensive creativity, it's the fact that they've ramped up their defensive effort and have the athleticism to just play man without a ton of help anywhere / icing Parker pnr's. It's simplistic but when you have this kind of athleticism advantage it doesn't have to be complicated. Both of these teams have had each other fully scouted for a week now - Spurs tried more Diaw and went away from it, tried more West off the bench and it didn't generate more offense against the twin tower OKC lineup, tried more Duncan and all that did was generate slower pace and tougher flow for both teams. As a matter of fact OKC will actually try and tighten up more tonight since Green got so many clean transition 3's on Tuesday, meaning that one of the key things they're looking at on tape and walkthroughs is actually going to slow the pace even more.

I don't expect either team to ever pick up the kind of lead that forces the opponent to speed pace up to try and catch up faster either.

Looking for some alternate lines as well - think we're more likely to see a first to 80 wins kind of game than we are to see a first to 90 wins kind of game. Would be sincerely stunned if anybody breaks 100. Will be on team total unders and an alternate under if I can find a number worth the while.

Have had a small OKC West / Finals future lined up since opening night when they beat the Spurs - not good odds since nobody knew then that the Warriors would be the best team ever, but with that said I think OKC stands the best shot of anybody. If they win tonight, taking a stab on the series line may be worthwhile. They're the only team in the league that can try and force the Warriors to play a style they're not comfortable with and maybe sneak away with close wins late (MAYBE - not actually predicting it, just saying they do have a real chance). Fact that they've found an identity in May that isn't on October - April tape is actually helpful for them too.

Haven't gambled the last few years, been busy with a lot of things going on but will always have a soft spot for the forum. Good luck guys!

Back