Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
for me its either Urban or Saban. But I'll open it for "other"

I think it's Urban, heart problems at all.

Does it also include recruiting?

Gary Patterson has 2 AP top 5 teams in the last 5 years, and 4 top 10 teams in the last 7. He might play an inferior schedule then the SEC but he doesn't have the talent to work with that others do. What could he do with Saban and Meyers playing talent, and what could they do with his?

But winning a NC with your #3 QB makes me think how much does the coach make the player and how much does the player make the coach.

Meyer had a few good years then Saban came back. Now Saban has had a few good years and Meyer is back.

You give me the 2nd pick in a coach in draft and I'm still happy. Can't go wrong with either. I do agree that Patterson has proven over time that he can do more with less. Michigan should be happy with their choice, as Jim has also proven he is a winner. 2nd tier may be close, but can't see anyone I would take above the top two.

There's a lot that goes into being a head coach. It's pretty well accepted that Saban is not a great in-game coach or even X's and O's guy. But as far as building, running, and maintaining a program, there's no one better. Urban has a compelling argument for best, but I can't get what he left at Florida out of my mind.

Back