Best 1H Lines for Saturday

Element1

Trying to evaluate some potential profits off of 1H lines for this weekend. My book currently does not have the 1H lines available so this is all speculation on my end. Here are 6 games where I could see some value.

1. ECU hosting SMU: line keeps escalating, now at almost 41 or 42. I would obviously love to get a 1H line at < 28

2. FSU hosting Wakeforest: Wake has a putrid offense and FSU is looking to make that statement game at home after the scare last week. Looking for anything < 28

3. NIU hosting Kent State: Kent State another putrid offense on the road against a team off a bye who should be playing angry after losing. I am looking for anything <14 here

4. WVU hosting Kansas: Everyone knows Kansas fired their coach this week so they are kind of going to be a wildcard. Could play inspired or could come out flat. Either way WVU is the much superior team and they are at home against a Kansas team with a struggling QB - hoping for anything less than 14 here

5. Georgia hosting Vandy: Vandy's scores the past few weeks have been a little misleading as they are scoring a ton of points off of turnovers and special teams. I am not sure if that makes them a dangerous wildcard or a potential team we could profit off of here. I am looking for Georgia < 21 here hopefully

6. Baylor at Texas: This game could potentially be the most dangerous one listed as Baylor is on the road and at Texas. Texas is on their backup QB with Ash done for but all week long we have heard nothing but chatter from the Texas players while Baylor has remained quiet. All if not most of Baylor's WRs seem to be healthy now and I could see them really coming out and blowing the doors off of Texas early here. But Vegas set the O/U a little low here for a Baylor game at 57 which tells me they think this game could be a ball control kinda game. Looking for anything less than 10 for a potential play.

What 1H spreads do you guys like for the games on Saturday? Also, any insight or additional information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Which ones in particular? I can see the dogs barking for Vandy, Texas, and possibly Kansas depending upon how they respond under the new coach. Vandy seems to be good for a defensive/special teams TD a week and Georgia is obviously known for their lack of defensive effort. I could see them sleep walking through the 1H. The Baylor Texas game is very misleading as the game was in Baylor last season and they only won 30-10 I think that says a lot about where the total is also set in this game now that this one is in Texas.

Thanks for the feedback!

Trying to evaluate some potential profits off of 1H lines for this weekend. My book currently does not have the 1H lines available so this is all speculation on my end. Here are 6 games where I could see some value.

1. ECU hosting SMU: line keeps escalating, now at almost 41 or 42. I would obviously love to get a 1H line at < 28

2. FSU hosting Wakeforest: Wake has a putrid offense and FSU is looking to make that statement game at home after the scare last week. Looking for anything < 28

3. NIU hosting Kent State: Kent State another putrid offense on the road against a team off a bye who should be playing angry after losing. I am looking for anything <14 here

4. WVU hosting Kansas: Everyone knows Kansas fired their coach this week so they are kind of going to be a wildcard. Could play inspired or could come out flat. Either way WVU is the much superior team and they are at home against a Kansas team with a struggling QB - hoping for anything less than 14 here

5. Georgia hosting Vandy: Vandy's scores the past few weeks have been a little misleading as they are scoring a ton of points off of turnovers and special teams. I am not sure if that makes them a dangerous wildcard or a potential team we could profit off of here. I am looking for Georgia < 21 here hopefully

6. Baylor at Texas: This game could potentially be the most dangerous one listed as Baylor is on the road and at Texas. Texas is on their backup QB with Ash done for but all week long we have heard nothing but chatter from the Texas players while Baylor has remained quiet. All if not most of Baylor's WRs seem to be healthy now and I could see them really coming out and blowing the doors off of Texas early here. But Vegas set the O/U a little low here for a Baylor game at 57 which tells me they think this game could be a ball control kinda game. Looking for anything less than 10 for a potential play.

What 1H spreads do you guys like for the games on Saturday? Also, any insight or additional information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
E1 bol this week

I could see Wisconsin coming out a bit weak again at Northwestern. NW coming off the win at PSU has to give them some momentum and Wisconsin can start slow. Haven't won at NW since 1999.

That is a very good stat on NW & Wisconsin - I had a play on USF last week for that exact same reason and then took Wisky -14 to win again in the 2H.

I love what I saw out of NW last week at PSU - they thoroughly dominated that game I thought. Thanks for the insight!

Yeah I took Clemson for the game at -14 as I think NC State will find it tough traveling to Clemson after suffering the tough loss at home last week to FSU.

1H might be a very good play especially if you can catch it under 7! Thanks for the advice.

i'd be a little hesitant to fade texas 1h. charlie is gonna have a good defensive scheme set up for baylor, and it may take a 1/2 for baylor to readjust.

Recall Kansas beat West Virginia last season. It was Weiss's only Big 12 win in, what, 20 games. Losing that game was about as embarrassing at it could get for Holgorsen. I'm guessing he's had a yellow stickie on his liquor cabinet for the last year that reads "31-19". Off a bye, serious revenge and against a god awful Kansas team, I'd expect WVU to roll early and often.

Yeah I took Clemson for the game at -14 as I think NC State will find it tough traveling to Clemson after suffering the tough loss at home last week to FSU.

1H might be a very good play especially if you can catch it under 7! Thanks for the advice.

no way it will be, though. NO WAY that spread isn't at the very least -7.5, imo. Would be alllllll over clemson -7 1H though, so hope i'm wrong

no way it will be, though. NO WAY that spread isn't at the very least -7.5, imo. Would be alllllll over clemson -7 1H though, so hope i'm wrong

The Clemson line is down to a flat 14 now as of this morning, so you never know! I will be monitoring my book this afternoon as the 1H lines are typically released then.

The dogs were barking last night in Oregon. I thought the Arizona defense played very well especially after how poorly they played in the Cal game. Oregon had chances though and looked to be off their game all night. Defensively Oregon is not a good football team - this showed when they played WSU earlier in the year.

I am most confident in ECU and FSU if the lines are right as I feel they are both playing against offensively inferior teams and they will be looking to KO them before halftime.

I have been reading a lot about the WVU and Kansas game as I was curious to see how prepared both teams will be particularly Kansas with the new interim coach (who was the DC). It sounds like WVU is taking this game very very seriously and is even preparing their team for potential trick plays against a very desperate Kansas team. As Costanza mentioned above this is a revenge spot for WVU as Kansas embarrassed them last year.

Thanks everybody and BOL this weekend!

Back