Bernard Hopkins v Winky Wright

Greencastle

The Doc
Liking Wright to win this one.

He's younger and quicker and experience isnt really a factor, as both men have had plenty of big fights in the past.

that's why winky is -137 @ matchbook

i am interested in the o/u 11.5 rounds:
over 11.5 @ -570
under 11.5 @ +395

i like the looks of getting nearly 4-to-1 on my money and hoping for a ko... what are you guys' thoughts?

At those odds it might be worth a stab.

But it will most likely go to decision with Winky edging it.

i agree with you, but...

(if my records are accuarate)
winky: 51-3-1 (25 ko)
hopkins: 47-4-1 (32 ko)
meaning...
45% of winky's bouts decided by KO
61% of hopkins' bouts decided by KO

at 36 and 42 years of age, they don't pack a punch like they used to. but, at 4-to-1 on your money, it is worthy of a wager.

BHOP will KO Winky's ass. He will be the 1st to do so.

He will be 10-0 vs Southpaws after saturday night thats for sure.

Winky Wright will win this one by decision but at +116 currently I dont see too much value. If the line changes, I might play Wright via dec.
Wright is too defensive to get hit or knock Bhop out. I see him winning a good sized decision.

Blue Chip........ I dont think it makes much sense to look at their percentage wins via KO since most of those KOs come early in their carreer fighting poor to mediocre fighters.

Wrights record since 2000
<TABLE class=record cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=white><TD class=recordheader>DATE</TD><TD class=recordheader>OPPONENT</TD><TD class=recordheader>LOCATION</TD><TD class=recordheader>WINNER</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2006-17-06</TD><TD>Jermain Taylor</TD><TD>Memphis, TN</TD><TD>Draw</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2005-12-10</TD><TD>Sam Soliman</TD><TD>Uncasville, CT</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2005-05-14</TD><TD>Felix Trinidad</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2004-11-20</TD><TD>Shane Mosley</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2004-03-13</TD><TD>Shane Mosley</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2003-11-08</TD><TD>Angel Hernandez</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2003-03-01</TD><TD>Juan Carlos Candelo</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2002-09-07 </TD><TD>Bronco McKart</TD><TD>Portland, OR</TD><TD>Wright DQ 8</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2002-02-02</TD><TD>Jason Papillion</TD><TD>Miami, FL</TD><TD>Wright TKO 5</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2001-10-12</TD><TD>Robert Frazier</TD><TD>Indio, CA</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>2000-12-16</TD><TD>Keith Mullings</TD><TD>Pittsburgh, PA</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR><TR class=white><TD>2000-09-09 153 </TD><TD>Bronco McKart</TD><TD>Chester, WV</TD><TD>Wright W12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

after looking at both sides, and watching their recent fights, Winky Wright is defenitely the side to bet on tonight. He's got a few things going for him tonight; he's considerably younger than B-Hop, who not one of you could argue is as fresh, or fierce, as he once was in his prime.. He has lost 2/3 and isn't the same fighter..

Also, I'm sure most of you heard about the little rumble at the press conferences.. this has also worked in Winky's favor, as all he has in his head is how bad he wants to kill B-Hop. Winky is going to be quick and flashy, which works into his gameplan; his confidence is going to show in the ring.

When it comes down to it, I'd take Winky up to -160 personally, so i'm liking the number it's at now.

good luck guys

I took Winky Wright via Dec 116 for 3 units. If you bet on B hop I would strongly suggest you take him via dec instead of just the win because theres much more value.

Does anybody know if the fight is going to be on Sopcast or TVU? I know UFC was on the other night but wasnt sure if boxing was on tonight. Thanks.

Hopkins Easy
win.gif

Winky loss fair and square no way he won. If anything he can say it was a draw.

I had BHop winning by one rd the 12th rd.

:7_17_2:

bhop moved suprisingly well.. he fought really well; i thought he was over the hill; serves me wrong

That cheap headbutt by Hopkins gave him the win.

Personally, I thought it was a draw as neither fighter did too much damage.

Back