Bennett Salvatore reffing the Celtics game

• Thread starter Thread starter Mokey
  • Start date Start date
M

Mokey

Need the home team to win a big game? Bennett Salvatore to the rescue well according to Bill Simmons

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTKxxsDuDas&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTKxxsDuDas&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How is he for totals?

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2" width="40%">Overall</td> <td class="datacell">36-35</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="40%">184.5 or less</td> <td class="datacell">6-3</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="40%">185-194.5</td> <td class="datacell">12-9</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="40%">195-204.5</td> <td class="datacell">12-12</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2" width="40%">205+</td> <td class="datacell">6-11</td></tr></tbody></table>

Eddie rush is the guy I cant stand. He's on my short list of corrupt officials.

Isn't it an interesting stat that when Eddie F.Rush officiates a NBA playoff game, home teams win the game with a .900 probability? The only game where road team has beat the home team is on 20th April, Philly beat Detroit. (90-86)
[....]
Maybe it's not interesting, home teams have dominated the 2008 playoffs, so we can say there's nothing new, but I think the NBA is aware of this situation and Eddie Rush has been assigned to the most critical games for home teams. (for example Game 3 of San-Lal series, Game 3 of of Was-Cle series, etc.)

http://www.nbastuffer.com/Eddie_F._Rush_s_Interesting_Stat.html

He will do something to influence the game tonight.

The fact that all these guys are so well known and their tendencies are so blatantly obvious to even the casual observer is a problem

The NBA needs to clean house and just get all new officials...they cant be any more incompetent than these clowns...and if somehow they are, clean house again and bring in more...

Its refereeing, not rocket science

see also the thing is these guys watch and officiate these players for soo long, they just assume they will get fouled and blow the whistle. they do need new officials who are not biased towards certain players.

I don't get why people bitch about the reffing in the NBA. It's like voluntarily going to eat Dinner at Chili's or something and then complaining afterward that the food sucked.

The NBA has been blind to this problem forever and will continue to do so. The fact that the Donaghy incident happened, and there were still no major structural changes to the ref system is evidence enough that the NBA really doesn't care.

Why should the NBA clean house when they have exactly the kind of officials they want?

They can put these guys in situations which shade the outcome toward the precise one that is 'best for the league.' It may not always happen, but it gives it a better chance of happening.

Not to mention, you fire guys like Salvatore sooner than later and you run the risk of them telling everything they know about how Donaghy (sp?) wasn't some lone bad apple. It's far too soon for stories like that.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTKxxsDuDas&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

:36_11_6:

That's great. Other "Amazing Moments" they should have while the dramatic piano music plays......

1. Artest and SJack running up into the stands in slow mo throwing hay-makers as the piano music plays

2. Kobe doing the "Testicle Dance" in slo mo as the piano music plays.

I don't get why people bitch about the reffing in the NBA. It's like voluntarily going to eat Dinner at Chili's or something and then complaining afterward that the food sucked.

The NBA has been blind to this problem forever and will continue to do so. The fact that the Donaghy incident happened, and there were still no major structural changes to the ref system is evidence enough that the NBA really doesn't care.

this might be the smartest comment you have made here at CTG. :shake:

eddie f rush is 29-36-1 ats for the home team this year, 38-28 su

salvatore is a major homer, one of the worst refs in the league other than the women

in the houston/lakers game, we have joew crawford (43-20 su and 35-28 ats for the home team) and more importantly greg willard (51-20 su and 39-31 for the home team)...if the lakers get down early or hopefully they are down in the 2nd half, i will try to get some action on them at a reduced line...i'm not laying 10

Back