BenchCoach Week 14

BenchCoach

Pretty much a regular
301 Ohio 1st Quarter Under 9½ +163

There are alot of things the Zips haven't done well this year. If you forget their record for a minute and simply look at the numbers. I have listed below game # and how many points they gave up in the 1Q of each game. They haven't given up more than 7 points since GM1 of the season vs. Illinois. I have watched their past 3-4 games and these kids aren't going down without a fight. It's their last game of the season and their last shot at a winner...may add in some form or fashion to this match...this 1Q play is no hunch, 10/11 games this season have come in under the number and your giving me these odds...Gimme the Zips and that bone crushing 1st quarter D

#1 - 14 points (vs Illinois)
#2 - 7 points
#3 - 3 points
#4 - 7 points
#5 - 7 points
#6 - 7 points
#7 - 7 points
#8 - 7 points
#9 - 7 points
#10 - 7 points
#11 - 3 points

Last edited:
303 Western Michigan/Northern Illinois 1st Half Under 24½ -105

Weather Report for DeKalb Illinois...Rain and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 40. East winds 10 to 20 mph in the evening shifting to the south after midnight. Gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent

looks like Akron gave up!! ready to party lol You have had a great day so far BC

Game management by Akron is a real issue. When you have a disparity like that you have to keep it close early in games by running clock, limiting the other teams possessions, and their chances of scoring (Akron gave the bobocats something like 4-5 possessions in the 1Q, thats ridiculous). They didn't run right at Ohio where they had been a bit vulnerable throughout this year. In other words run the ball, run the clock even if you cant run successfully. Keep running. This shortens the game and increases your inferior teams chances at hanging around after halftime. You can always run stupid ass plays and take chances in the 4th quarter if you need too. You can't win the game in the 1Q but you can lose it. Same goes for any sport...party on Ranger O, be headed your direction a week from this Friday.

Think the weather conditions in Lincoln and their need to win to go bowling this Friday are pushing me toward a DOG ML play there. This is it for them. I think Iowa's smash mouth style will allow huskers to hang around for a bit if Martinez doesn't give the ball away. They have some matchup problems as well covering Martinez again if the real Martinez shows up. If he looks shaky early I would love to see the McCaffrey boy get a good long look in this game running the ship. He brings some series shit to the table.

371 Wisconsin/Minnesota U 1st Half Under 22 -110 (3*)
371 Wisconsin/Minnesota U Under 46 -103

SATURDAY...
pulling the trigger a few days before the game to try and save a few points here...this is going to be some real shit contions anyway you cut it Saturday. Wind is going to be very strong here and possessions will be limited. Both teams have a great rush defense and should only look better if the wind limits play selection. Could be a real grinder but simply cannot see these two teams in these conditions running up and down the field on each other

Minny Weather Forecast...Rain, possibly mixed with snow and thunderstorms in the morning, then rain, possibly mixed with snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation less than 1 inch. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. East winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

327 Iowa/Nebraska 1st Half Under 22 -110 (2*)
327 Iowa/Nebraska Under 44½ -105

Weather may help this under, it may not. Definetly won't hurt the rate of possessions. Hopefully Frost stays conservative early on...This play isn't weather based, other factors have led me this direction this morning

I talked earlier this week about taking Nebraska. Yeah that's not happening, I will root for em as I like Frost a great deal but no chance I will be taking em today

Nebraska...wow is all I can say...I love Frost but man those kids are doing some really undisciplined things on the field...easy to blame the coach here but sometimes kids this age aren't very coachable and he seems to have a few of those...Martinez running out of bounds when he could of sent the game to OT and giving Iowa a chance at the end is unbelievable. Kinda is the M.O. for that young man and his season...would of loved to see the McCaffrey boy get more of a look...maybe next year Frost...for us onto tomorrow, adding these weather situations

383 Wyoming/Air Force 1st Half Under 20½ -115 (2*)
365 Baylor/Kansas U 1st Half Under 24 -105

* Colorado Springs Reports...Sunny, with a high near 35. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Very windy, with a west wind 35 to 45 mph becoming northwest 15 to 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph.
* Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 70 mph east of interstate 25, except northwest 30 to 45 mph with gusts to around 80 mph along and west of interstate 25. Mostly sunny. Highs 39 to 48.

* Lawrence Kansas Report...Windy. Not as cool. Sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 45 mph.

Last edited:
Updated weather report for Minny game...im glad my ass is going to be watching from my office chair

Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, rain and freezing rain. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Ice accumulation up to one tenth of an inch. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. East winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph increasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Windy. Rain and snow mixed this morning becoming all snow with some heavy this afternoon. Some sleet or freezing rain possible. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

Last edited:
1637 Wartburg/Wisconsin-Whitewater Under 57 -120

Windy with a few showers early, becoming a steady light rain for the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the upper 30s. Winds ESE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Higher wind gusts possible.

1611 San Diego/Northern Iowa Over 48 -110

Playing in a Dome should bode well for San Diego to put some points up in this one...could be closer game than people think

395 Louisville/Kentucky 1st Half Under 26½ -115
403 Northwestern 1st Half Under 7½ -145
371 Wisconsin/Minnesota U 1st Half Under 21½ -105
383 Wyoming 1st Half +310 (beer money)
383 Wyoming +12 -105

As I just read this.. Herbstreit just picked Wyoming as his dog of day..
He even hinted an outright win
I don’t know if good or bad.. my ticket with the cowboys!

I got that Michigan +17.5 live as well now there’s a slight hope for my 8.5... Northwestern easy winner today . Had them game & 2nd half. Don’t like many favorites but I’m on Wisconsin pretty heavy. GL

Back