Belmont Friday June 5th

Hesnotmypres

Pretty much a regular
First time posting my Horse selections on this forum.

1st: 5-Been Here Before- 3rd off the layoff 31%, Turf to dirt 22%
Irad/Kiaran 33% 73% ITM last 60 days

ex box: 5/1, 5/2, 5/7
$30-Win
$60-Place
$120-Show

2nd: 2-Lewys Vaporizer- Rivelli doesn't ship to NY unless he has a runner. 3rd off the layoff, cuts back to 6 1/2. Two dirt races speed figures very good 94-90

$80-Win
$160-Place

PK3:
2nd: 2
3rd: 5,7
4th: 1,4,5

PK4:
2nd: 2
3rd: 5,7
4th: 1,4,5
5th: 6,8,9,10

3rd: 5-Cavorting- broke her MDN here at BEL first start. Been off 104 days.

$150-Win
straight exacta: 5/7

4th: 4-Cat Tree- Interesting Deshawn comes to ride this horse.

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 4/1, 4/5, 4/7

7-Uncle Vinny will be the big favorite Pletcher trainee. Beat 4 avg horses 1st out
5-Banree a filly vs the boys here, trained by WW

5th: 9-To Dare- cuts back to 7F, blinkers woke him up last start

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 9/6, 9/8, 9/10

6th: 2-My Miss Sophia- first time on the turf, Dam has 2 turf winners.
Bullet work 5F 1:00.4 5/30 1/7

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 2/1, 2/3, 2/4

7th: 8-Thecatmancan- Interesting that Jose Lezcano rides. First time on turf ran very well at big odds.

$40-Win
$80-Place
$160-Show

Ex box: 8/1, 8/3, 8/11, 8/12

8th: 7-Clearly Now- plenty of pace in here, will be coming on in the last 1/16th

$60-Win
$120-Place

Ex box: 7/8, 7/1, 7/5

9th: A no play for me, due to the 1-1A Entry they look unbeatable... If you're playing late PK3,PK4 this is your single.

10th: 8-Morning Calm- Mike Smith rides, came off the bench to win a 1 1/2 race. Smith will save his horse for the final surge, should get 9/2 or higher

$60-Win
$120-Place

ex box: 8/1, 8/2

Last edited:
Lol, I already know that you know your shit since you know about Rivelli shipping to NY.
R1 agree 5 the best and I like 1 a little, #5- turf to dirt strong trainer angle for McLaughlin, two back was off layoff and an off track, sitting on a big race getting back to dry dirt 3rd off layoff. .tons of early speed in R1 could work in #1's favor..also turf to dirt, competitive prior dirt races..horse won turf to dirt back in Jan at Gulfstream, and trainer has done well small sample turf to dirt.

What tracks do you follow? Mainly NYRA for me, especially Saratoga. .in action whole meet, but follow others on big days..Arlington on Millions Day, etc

Play I play NY Tracks on big days, usually play Indiana Grand,Monmouth,Lone Star, Fair Grounds,Keeneland
I love Del Mar

I find playing the lesser known tracks the pace lines I look for I find easier ....
In NY with Jacobson,Rudy and the Ortiz Brothers it's just to hard to figure out when they are trying or not

You like the the switch back to dirt at Del Mar? I know some who have played there liked the synthetic and felt they had an edge if you followed and knew how it played

You like the the switch back to dirt at Del Mar? I know some who have played there liked the synthetic and felt they had an edge if you followed and knew how it played

Yes the switch back will be great, same with KEE...

On the SYN I found it easier, if you could run on turf you could run on SYN

I looked at Brisnet and I can't even begin to figure out how to cap this stuff. I assume I would need to purchase some of the charts but I don't even know where to begin

Oh well, GL on your bets Pres....I'll prolly just tail along

I looked at Brisnet and I can't even begin to figure out how to cap this stuff. I assume I would need to purchase some of the charts but I don't even know where to begin

Check your private message .....

3rd Race results: 5-7-6

Finally a winner & cold exacta
$9.20
$29.20

3rd: 5-Cavorting- broke her MDN here at BEL first start. Been off 104 days.

$150-Win
straight exacta: 5/7

I use BRIS and then the Sartin Methodology

Huge fan of BRIS PPs and their incorporation of running styles, Quirin Points, class ratings, race ratings and pace ratings into their charts. The only thing missing is factoring in trip length into their speed numbers, but you can make adjustments using the trip notes.

I tried getting into Doc Sartin's methods but found it was a little too much work for what I was looking to do. Plus I didn't find it particularly useful with turf routes, maiden races, horses coming off long layoffs, or races with a lot of lightly raced horses or horses trying new things. I like to play horizontal wagers and at the big tracks on each coast you'll inevitably have a race or two like that in the mix.

BRIS has a handicapper's library that has a ton of valuable information, all for free.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=library

Go to
Using BRIS Reports to Your Advantage -- expert handicapping advice

And read those links. It'll start to make more sense.

Reading a PP is like learning a new language. It's mostly gibberish to start, then you'll start picking up more and more the longer you use them. The key is developing a routine in your analysis, then it starts to become second nature.

Back