BeLIEve811 Half Thread (2unit & Possible 3 unit MONSTER 1H Play)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Posted NBA Half Plays: 55 - 35 - 2

2-2 yesterday, but hit another 2unit play on Detroit 2H. Tonight:

Dallas Mavericks 1H -4 (2 units right now, possibly 3 units by gametime)

Dallas' #s in the last 5 have been amazing. They are averaging 11 point leads at half, but the reason for the play is Philadelphia. This is their 5th game of their homestand. 3 out of their 4 games have been very emotional, down-to-wire games. I believe the line is over-valuing Philly because public perception is that they are improving. In the homestand they are 2-2. They beat NJ in OT and beat Charolette easily. They've lost to Golden St. and LAC in games decided in the final 30seconds. My point is these teams are terrible. And Philly STILL struggled to put together wins. Philly has recently gone with a BIG line-up playing Stephen Hunter at PF. He will be in charge of Dirk, and Hunter will have his hands full. Hunter is a very foul-prone player, and Dirk will exploit that and have a field day.

The key to the Sixers semi-success has been the big line-up. I think match-up problems will really destroy this line-up tonight. Last time these 2 teams met, we saw Iggy on Dirk, and you might see more of that tonight. BTW: Last time they met, Dallas held 15 at half. Expecting nothing less than a DD lead this time around, too.

I also posted this play in the MDF forum as a suggestion if I decide to put 3 units on it. The main factor will be the line movement. I'd like this to hang around 8 all day.

Looks like Nash is out man. Line has dropped to 7.5 at my book. Suns are not the same team without Nash, despite whatever someone may say. D'Antoni even said it. He's had problems bringing in back-ups to Steve and keep that same level of offense. Barbosa is good, but more of a scoring guard.

I still think there is value with the suns 1st half Chicago comes out flat everytime and then picks it up in the third just to give it away mid fourth quater

LOL maybe I'm just a little higher on Chicago than most people. I really don't have an opinion on the side. It's going to come down to whether or not Chicago can score the ball. And they've been so up and down, that I cant answer that question.

The Dallas play is just 2 units. I bitched out, for no real reason. Its still strong and the line is acting just like I wanted it to.

Adding: Cleveland Cavs 1H -2

Last 5 Cavs giving up under 40 at the half. Lakers haven't starting games off too well either. Tough spot for LAL. The last of an eight game road trip. I don't expect much from them.

2-0 so far on halves. Clips blew a big lead, but hopefully they can cut this thing to singles and it will win easily. I'll probably have nothing on this Cavs/Lakers game.

Clippers wins in a close one by 1 point. 3-0 so far on the day! Could this be a good sign for the big play at 6pm? We'll see...

ANyone have an opinion...Oviously you cant play Chicago with this lost value. But your getting the Suns +5 full game at home. Seems valuable...

I really can't convince myself of either side right now. I can't really see Phoenix winning this thing, but at the same point, I'm also worried about the Phoenix crowd spurring them on.

If you put a gun to my head, I'll take Chicago and the points...

Looking at a play on the Atlanta Hawks if I can get em + points for the full game...Rooting for GS to tie this in the last 2mins.

I think Im gonna lay off these games, they are bad. I do think Atlanta wins outright. I think that goes over. And I think Sac is done. I have Seattle +5 fullgame, so ill just track that.

Cant win em all! 4-1 w/ a win on the 2 unit play is a pretty good night though. PHX had their chance and quit. They are nothing without Steve Nash. GL everyone on the late games. GO SONICS +5!

Back