Beamer 1-3 in last 4 Bowl games

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Just thought I would post this, I don't know if this is pertinent but may be another case of a BOB STOOPS, Beamer has also been getting beaten and outcoached in his bowl games.

Not sure about this game at all, but see tons of V TECH support, but coaching is key especially with teams like OU and VTECH, who have supposed legends coaching who for some reason lose bowl games. This is a concern I think for VTECH.

VTECH beat Louisville, lost to Cal, Oregon and Georgia,

10-4 HUNT i learned the hard way taking that STOOPS guy, the first time the camera showed him it was lights out, he was so bloody nervous.

WHo you like tonight?

And he will be somewhat conservative tonight. I look for the Vtech offensive gameplan to try and control the clock and time of possession similar to what Mizzu did to Kansas. Although, VT is no where near Mizzu offensively imo. Beamer will try to make plays on special teams and apply pressure on d to force TOs. They can't get into a shootout with Kan or it will be lights out.

:tiphat:

sammy...tough game tonight bro..might make a second half bet...

few things I need to see...

1. How does Kansas oline handle the dline pressure of vtech?
2. Is Reesing gonna be nervous? how long does it take him to get in a groove?
3. Just what you said above..how does Beamer coach this game? Is he conservative, or does he open it up a little?
4. Glennon can really fuck up against an opportunisitc defense like KU, KU lead the nation in scoring defense I believe....if you watched the Mizzou/KU game, I think Daniel was playing out of his mind and it was another rivalry game.....I just didn't like how Mizzou pressured Reesing a lot, and am wondering if Vtech will do the same.
5. Henry will cause matchup problems with his size and height on the outside
6. The two qb system actually works decent for vtech, how do they play tonight? How much does Tyrod touch it?
7. The ACC sucks this year, just sucks...BOST college is overrated, FSU blew, Tommy Bowden couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag...LSU with their balanced offense showed what can happen if Kansas clicks tonight...obviously KU doesn't have the defense LSU has and Vtech is a much better now.

Interesting game..and a tough one to bet on.

yeah I am passsing also, it looks to easy to take V tech in this one, and I think people are taking them for the wrong reasons ie last night Stoops, motivation bullshit, and the coaching of BEAMER, which ironically is no factor cause he is 1-3 in coaching bowls.

Also I have noticed one thing in BCS bowls, when the big teams win their games in blowout fashion, they always cover the 2nd half also. USC, Georgia, WVU, its like they play 60 minutes and keep the pressure on.

Don't mess with the real teams on BCS games, USC, Georgia, LSU's, but the pretenders like Oklahoma, Vtech are not real BCS teams, their records speak for themselves,

Looking to get involved in the 2nd half also-

Another interesting thing is the underdog is good in a BCS game, as long as you are not facing USC, LSU Georgia, it seems that all other teams are very beatable, ie Oklahoma last 2 years, VTECH's of the world.

sammy...tough game tonight bro..might make a second half bet...

few things I need to see...

1. How does Kansas oline handle the dline pressure of vtech?
2. Is Reesing gonna be nervous? how long does it take him to get in a groove?
3. Just what you said above..how does Beamer coach this game? Is he conservative, or does he open it up a little?
4. Glennon can really fuck up against an opportunisitc defense like KU, KU lead the nation in scoring defense I believe....if you watched the Mizzou/KU game, I think Daniel was playing out of his mind and it was another rivalry game.....I just didn't like how Mizzou pressured Reesing a lot, and am wondering if Vtech will do the same.
5. Henry will cause matchup problems with his size and height on the outside
6. The two qb system actually works decent for vtech, how do they play tonight? How much does Tyrod touch it?
7. The ACC sucks this year, just sucks...BOST college is overrated, FSU blew, Tommy Bowden couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag...LSU with their balanced offense showed what can happen if Kansas clicks tonight...obviously KU doesn't have the defense LSU has and Vtech is a much better now.

Interesting game..and a tough one to bet on.

Hunt- #1 is absolutely the key to this game, #2 depends on what happens with #1. Also, I agree with # 7, but that still doesn't tell me how good VT really is. I think this game comes down to if VT is able to win this game in their typical fashion, i.e. play defense, create turnovers, and do something on special teams. I don't like betting on teams where I think I need to force a couple turnovers or get a blocked punt/ punt return td in order to get the cover.

I will prolly be on KU and the under, although not as confident in them as I was WVU.

Beamer imo is over rated, he cost his team the game vs BC this year with very poor defensive play calling late in the game.

guys...you all are looking way too deep into things. Kansas only beat my team, Texas A&M, by 8 points this year. That is all you need to know. Just beating Coach Fran by 8 is like losing to Beamer by 21. VTech should manhandle them.

:smiley_acbe:

guys...you all are looking way too deep into things. Kansas only beat my team, Texas A&M, by 8 points this year. That is all you need to know. Just beating Coach Fran by 8 is like losing to Beamer by 21. VTech should manhandle them.

:smiley_acbe:

Exactly. Im picking the better team hands down. Now, if they choke or use a bad gameplan, how the hell can you cap for that? Might as well flip a coin. Atleast if I lose here I went down with the better team on an educated pick. Que sera sera.

Agree sharpie..makes sense, too many unanswered questions to play this game for me I guess.

no need to overthink this game.

That's what I was thinking, originally I think V Tech is still a better team than KANSAS, the Kansas QB is small, fared well, but this will be a good defense he is playing vs.

None the less I have no action on it, I need to get ready for my own bowl game, as I have an opportunity to get back home if I can pass a course at work with of all things horses. This is it, I will pass and then I will be in, able to move back east, travelling internationally riding horses.

I've been off work for 3 months, now it is time to step it up and dominate, and pass this course. In case no one hears from me for a month, I am at the course, I will give updates if I can at a computer at the course.

Who cares about head coaches ? Didnt Bill Stewart show that ? I am not saying coaches dont matter but I do think feeling a certain coach will win you a game is a stretch. Stoops was great and he managed to piss the game away with the onside kick. Sorry these guys are not genuises. Put players in positions to excel and dont fuck up. Thinking Beamer is a key is a stretch...

Sportnsut is right, coaches do not matter and they are not geniuses for sure. I agree, I am just waiting this one out til half, see a close game here.

Beamer tonight again was really nervous looking and had a terrible plan not to just stick with the run. When he could have just stuck with the run. The thing you can notice though is the difference in composure between MANGINO and BEAMER and STOOPS and STEWART. These guys also can only beat opponents they are familiar with, any new team is hard for them to match up with.

In these matchups as I said in a BCS game there is very little difference between the teams, however Oklahoma was supposed to have their way with WVU and V Tech was supposedly better than Kansas.

For some strange reason again while most people on the boards had Oklahoma, most people also had V TECH over Kansas. It is very funny how when everyone takes a team to win that is favored not only do they not cover but they lose rather easily. I cannot figure this one, it means that other than USC, Georgia, WVU and LSU anyone is beatable for sure on any given day.

Lots of posters on this board had KANSAS which was good, as they were not fooled by V TECH and lots also had WVU, and were not fooled. What we saw in both games was dominate defense by the underdogs and better offense from the underdogs. It really goes to show you that people if they just actually consider and break it down on who they played and how good they really are, they will win.

I did that on Georgia over Hawaii and then failed to do it the next day and took Oklahoma vs WVU, even though stats are misleading and WVU is better than Oklahoma hands down. V Tech had a little streak but were far from unbeatable this year.

Lesson- V TECH and Oklahoma are not unbeatable on Defense and have Overrated offense. The funny thing is next year in a bowl game, many people again will take Oklahoma and V tech thinking they have dominant D's, again due to their regular season play vs teams they know.

Congrats to the posters here who saw right through Oklahoma and V TECH. GOOD WORK for sure

Back