BCS Unveiled....

jester2trife

CTG Media Pirate
Florida at #10 below tOSU? If Joe Pa and the gang get by tOSU at night next week, looks like they gotta clear path to the end...

xXx

how the hell is it a joke...florida lost to an unranked opponent at home and we lost to the then #1 2500 miles away on the road...it is a joke...that they didn't drop below us in the polls after that loss

Agreed..we drop 13 spots after losing to the number 1 team across country without or starting rb..and then a million other teams lose to lesser opponents and we have to wait for 5 weeks to move up a few spots after we beat 2 ranked teams on the road..thats bs...after we get by penn st its smooth sailing back to bcs

EVERYONE needs to accept the fact that while CFB is the best sport in the nation it unfortunately IS A JOKE until we get a playoff system. Unless there are ONLY 2 BCS SCHOOLS UNDEFEATED someone will always have a right to bitch...this will never make sense to me nor should it to any of you.

yep, I know. Can't believe tosu is not HIGHER! They did lose to the BEST one lose team in the country. Just ask the national media. Florida lost @ home to a scrub.

Syracuse is a scrub not Ole Miss.

how the hell is it a joke...florida lost to an unranked opponent at home and we lost to the then #1 2500 miles away on the road...it is a joke...that they didn't drop below us in the polls after that loss

I understand your reasoning, but do you really think Ohio St could beat Florida on a neutral field right now? I assume you are a Buckeyes fan because of your avatar, but I would expect a repeat of the big game two years ago (maybe not a 27pt spanking but a decisive victory for the Gators).

Syracuse is a scrub not Ole Miss.

ahhhhhhh, yes they ARE! 3-4? Bama clearly OVERRATED, Vandy can't score, Wake, and the 'ol ball coach 4 loses. That's a joke!

blue chip, i honestly am not sure. i think there are certainly teams that can beat us in the big12 and sec, but i'm not convinced florida is a team that i would start that list with

if in week 3, florida loses AT oklahoma and tim tebow doesn't play...i can guarantee you they don't drop 13 spots...there are some serious biases out there, and some of that is warranted, but i don't think one year should have to do with another

If Texas wins out they shouldn't even play the MNC title. As Denny Green would say "crown there ass."

Has any team ever won 6 games vs teams that at one point or another was ranked in the top 10 during the season? Has any team ever beaten 4 teams in a row ranked in the top 10 at the time?

Long way to go still with Okie St, TT, Kansas, and probably Mizzu again in the title game but damn that would be impressive.

Any computer program that ranks tOSU higher than USC, the team who crushed them, does not need to be factored into the NC. How can you even publish results like that?Get rid of these f'en computers or rewrite the script

If Texas wins out they shouldn't even play the MNC title. As Denny Green would say "crown there ass."

Has any team ever won 6 games vs teams that at one point or another was ranked in the top 10 during the season? Has any team ever beaten 4 teams in a row ranked in the top 10 at the time?

Long way to go still with Okie St, TT, Kansas, and probably Mizzu again in the title game but damn that would be impressive.

I knew this Horn would be back to replace the Cautious Horn from the beginning of the season :36_11_6:

If I am you, I am HOPING for Texas to play an SEC school or USC in the MNC game (if they make it). That is the only way that they will be able to validate themselves being the best team in the land, because unlike you, most people don't feel like the Big XII is all that this season outside of your guys and Homo.

I knew this Horn would be back to replace the Cautious Horn from the beginning of the season :36_11_6:

If I am you, I am HOPING for Texas to play an SEC school or USC in the MNC game (if they make it). That is the only way that they will be able to validate themselves being the best team in the land, because unlike you, most people don't feel like the Big XII is all that this season outside of your guys and Homo.

I think Texas plays USC, PSU, or Florida.

Its pretty clear right now that the spread offense is further ahead then defenses across the country. The Big 12 runs these offenses to almost perfection because of the solid QBs in the conference.

I fully expect to rake on the conference during bowl season.

Also Texas would've never lost to Oregon St. or Ole Miss at home. If PSU and Texas go undefeated they should be in. No excuse for losing to shit teams.

Just because Ole Miss plays in the SEC doesn't make them a legit team. The QB running that team left Texas because he couldn't get any playing time.

Something tells me that's your personal opinion since your not exactly the biggest fan of Texas or Mccoy.

Last time I checked the polls every writer in every part of the country in the AP poll,every coach with a vote except for 2, and every national radio guy I've listened to thinks Texas is the clear #1.

I think Texas plays USC, PSU, or Florida.

They're going to have a hard time making that game after they lose to tOSU this weekend..... Also, don't count Bama out just yet, they have 5 games left against teams they are better than (although I can see them losing this weekend).

You can't say that Texas would never lose to Oregon St or Ole Miss. Shit happens in CFB, teams have bad games. If I'm you, I'm more worried about Texas winning all 3 tough games they have left on their schedule (Lite, Leach, and Mangina). Things could happen and they could blow one of those games, especially against the pass happy ones...

Something tells me that's your personal opinion since your not exactly the biggest fan of Texas or Mccoy.

Last time I checked the polls every writer in every part of the country in the AP poll,every coach with a vote except for 2, and every national radio guy I've listened to thinks Texas is the clear #1.

Actually, it's not, read ESPN.com, the messageboards, and listen to talk radio. Everyone and their mother thinks that the SEC is king of CFB. If I had a vote, I would be placing it for Texas to be the #1 team in the country right now, they've earned it.

PS Texas was my biggest bet of the weekend when they played OU, and I took them against that dogshit Mizzou team last weekend as well. I think McCoy is a bit of a fraud, yes, but I love Will Muschamp and those animals he's got playing DL. I think they win out and make the MNC, where they will still probably be only small faves against Alabama/Florida. Do they win that game? I'm not quite sure yet, but believe this, I am not a hater of this particular Texas team.

Speaking of hatred, talked to VY lately? :36_11_6: Sorry, had to throw that one in there. Don't give up hope for Uncle Galtie's plan to move him over to WR just yet, I think he could get some time there! :cheers:

LOL I hope Bush's knee falls off when he sees Dr. Andrews so I don't have to hear everyone's shit.

Fuck him, he's a nice football player, but much like VY, he's shown that he can't adjust to the next level speed. Too much hype got to his head, he has not improved since college and can't make plays unless he's in the wide open field.

Ironically, my favorite guy out of that whole draft is Mario Williams. Dude has a fucking motor and I think has silenced the numerous critics he had when they drafted him #1. Certainly has not left a question in my mind that he was a best pick between the 3 of those guys....

Fuck him, he's a nice football player, but much like VY, he's shown that he can't adjust to the next level speed. Too much hype got to his head, he has not improved since college and can't make plays unless he's in the wide open field.

Ironically, my favorite guy out of that whole draft is Mario Williams. Dude has a fucking motor and I think has silenced the numerous critics he had when they drafted him #1. Certainly has not left a question in my mind that he was a best pick between the 3 of those guys....

Yeah pretty funny story about Mario is he was in our club and I was pretty wasted when I met him and like an idiot mentioned something kinda rude about VY being the man trying to be funny but it didn't come across that way. You could tell by his look and expression that he was tired of practically the whole town wanting VY to have been the pick.

We've actually become friends now and I've since apoligized but he doesn't mind rubbing it in to me here and there. He is definitley looking like the best pick so far just hope he doesn't flame out like Peppers and Kearse and some of other high draft pick DE's.

Back