BCS is Out--Michigan #2 by 0.075 pts

What's keeping SC out of #2 right now are 2 computers. Swap those out and Michigan is #3.

This could also lend itself to a split national championship if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan beats their Rose Bowl opponent. Michigan is #2 in the AP right now.

rjurewitz said:
What's keeping SC out of #2 right now are 2 computers. Swap those out and Michigan is #3.

This could also lend itself to a split national championship if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan beats their Rose Bowl opponent. Michigan is #2 in the AP right now.

Do you think UM will jump OSU if OSU loses a close one??

I think whoever wins the BCS will be outright 1 no matter what.

If USC beats OSU they will jump Michigan in the AP for no other reason than OSU beating UM...IMO

Here's my thought about the split national title:

AP got out of the BCS mess after 2003 when USC and LSU split the title. I think that the AP voters would take great joy in naming a national champion different than the BCS system--one, to show that they are relevant, and, two, to again illustrate the absurdity of the BCS system.

So, let me suggest this scenario: USC wins out and jumps Michigan in the BCS. Ohio State and USC play in the MNC game, Michigan plays Florida or whoever in the Rose. Michigan kicks the hell out of their opponent, and Ohio State loses a close one to USC. BCS would name USC the national champs and AP could name Michigan their national champs.

Don't think it would happen in your scenario w/ SC beating tOSU head up and UM not being able to do that....doesn't make sense..

JumpOnBoard said:
Don't think it would happen in your scenario w/ SC beating tOSU head up and UM not being able to do that....doesn't make sense..

Well, let me just say I wouldn't rule out a split championship.

wouldn't USC have to beat ND just as convincingly as UM did?

jsut remember...
USC lost to Oregon St. Oregon St got blown out by Boise St. If Boise ends undefeated, shouldn't they be higher than USC?

i'm kidding btw. the only reason i said that crap is because there is no good answer so far. there are still games to go, that would save the BCS computers a tough decision...but a good argument can be made for a few one loss teams to face Ohio St.

not sure we'll ever see a type of playoff...but here's one thing that should change. it's not fair, or an equal playign field, for some conferences to have a conf championship game...and others do not.
that extra game could eliminate some contenders...

in any case...as of today, my opinion is that the one loss SEC team...the eventual SEC champ...should get to play Ohio St.
they'll have played the toughest schedule...whoever wins the SEC w/ only one loss...if there even is one, when it's all said and done.

unless that one loss SEC team is Arky...only cuz USC already beat them.

hopefully things will work out a bit, but there is no clear cut #2 this year.

Are you guys serious??

How's non conference games w/ Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Arkansas sound??

They seriously play 9 or 10 bowl opponents this year...depending on whether Wazzou beats Washington or not...only two for sure who won't be bowling and are garbage are Stanford and Washington...

Let's go Arky...and they get SC's boost for non conf...a 36 pt loss at home BTW....If Arky's a one loss SEC team vs SC a one loss, are you going to give me Arky over USC?? Then give me ND over UM based on that...I think that's garbage..

So throw them out...

FLA:

Here's the schedule:

Non-Conf: S Miss, W Carolina, C Florida, FSU
Conf: Tenn, Kentucky, Bama, LSU, AU, UGA, Vandy, S CAR,

So I'll rank them in strength of team IMO..

1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Tenny

So we have Bama, UK, UGA, Vandy, and S CAR....left in conference...they all aren't very good....throw em in a hat and who gives a shit..

Here's SC's:

Non Conf: Nebraska, Arkansas, Notre Dame
Conf: Zona, Wash St, Wash, Oreg St, Oregon, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Zona St

I'll rank these:

1. Arkansas
2. Notre Dame
3. Cal
4. Nebraska
5. Oregon
6. UCLA

You can have the rest...You can argue the bottom half of the SEC is that much better than the PAC 10 all you want...but the garbage part (which includes Wash St, Oregon ST) would be favored on a neutral field over UK, Vandy, Messy St, Ole Miss ....and UGA??...cmon...their dogs at home vs an ACC team this year...so don't give me them...

If you can tell me UF played a tougher schedule than SC....I'd like to hear it...and you better give me more than the SEC is the toughest conference in the world...cause this year it's top heavy fellas..

Back