Baseball Trade (part 2)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Instead of HR and AVG we use TB and OBP.

rest of season, would you rather.

Yu Darvish

or

Cliff Lee
Yoenis Cespedes

i suppose it does.

3 OF, 2 UTIL
I have Myers, Werth, Fowler, Trumbo, M. Carpenter as eligible OFs.

I guess ill reveal what side I am.

Im trading for Darvish.

I plan on picking up another player asap.

Last edited:
Whenever a trade goes down, I am always interested and intrigued in the thought processes of both sides. I am not sure how everyone feels about the recent trade, or if even half the league cares anymore. As someone who has made a few trades in the past that have caused in my opinion an unnecessary uproar, I always lean towards giving people the benefit of the doubt. When a trade happens this late in the season though, and one of the teams is pretty much out of playoff contention, I think it’s understandable to want to hear the rationale behind making a trade.

guarenteeds - The idea of trading away an asset to help improve your offense makes a lot of sense to me. And as big of a stud as Darvish is, Cliff lee is solid.

But as someone towards the bottom of the standings, who has been about the least active member of the league, this deal comes as surprise to me.

I’m just curious as to why, now, have you decided to make a move to upgrade your offense? You last picked up an offensive player almost two months ago (June 16th).

It can also be argued that you could get similar, if not better production from some of the current OFs on the wire (Byrd, Schierholtz, Venable). Are you that big of a believer in a Cespedes turn around?

I think it’s fair to ask these questions and I would appreciate and respect your honest thoughts.

For the forum - guaranteed is in 11th place, 28 games back of the 6th and final playoff spot with 4 weeks left in the season. Renew is in 4th place and a playoff lock.

Wait, you are questioning the intregity of teeed? He's been in basically every ctg league since our inception...also, i'm not even in this league but I've been in plenty with him....he's not inactive...he ALWAYS has the least amt of free agent pickups..it's not his style...he doesn't drop scrub for scrub...he drafts starters and prospects and waits on them...he's confident in how he drafts obviously...he's always the lowest numbers of moves...yet he changes his lineups daily..that's not inactivity..it's variety in style..

Questing this particular trade is ridiculous......also, he's getting the better part of it IMO, which I posted first before realzing it was about one of our leagues.....this is why people don't trade...because they have deal with this type of bullshit...obvious collusion is obvious collusion..

This is obviously not..come on

Cespedes is crap this year, there are better options on the wire. It's basically a straight up trade. We use obp and TB so cespedes HR mean less.

As for teed, kubel has been in his starting lineup the past two weeks (still is). Same with Barry zito. This team has been neglected and is out of playoff contention. I am curious to see the reasoning on his end of the trade.

If this trade is questionable in your eyes then you should just make an earlier trade deadline. This doesn't even sniff unfair territory or collusion territory imo. Not in the league so really don't care that much .. just giving my two cents .. and since teeed has already been defended ... Not too many I respect as a human more than Renew around this site either. If he is a cheater, he has spent a few years setting everyone up to make this Darvish acquisition.

it's the better side of the deal and makes my team better

as to the answer of why? he proposed the trade to me, I actually looked at the weeks left (4) to make sure it wasn't right at the deadline because if it was the week before and someone was out of the playoffs I didn't want to cause any issues, if someone is going to offer me a trade which I think I get the better of I am going to make it

should there be a different deadline for when teams that are unlikely to make the playoffs are allowed to trade?

and bullshit on Cespedes being below replacement, his average stats this year on a per game level even in this league have him top 100

Collusion though, holy fuck

Thanks teed. Explanation was all I was looking for. I hope you can see where I was coming from my perspective. You and Renew have always been class posters and I didn't mean to imply collusion but circumstances were strange enough give the standings that I felt I had to post the question.

no worries, there had been other offers the last week I turned down which I thought were close enough but if something like this wasn't accepted (not saying Renew got nothing because he has the bats and the K's may make a big difference) I thought it would have been kind of pointless for the league

I've been the most active on trader in this league the past couple years. Its what I do.

I threw out several trades the past few days, offered a couple to teeed actually. Most people just laugh at them and toss them straight back in my face.

I held on to Cespedes this whole year hoping he'd produce better. He may still have time to do it and maybe I'll regret it. I offered this for a few reasons.

1) I wanted to not worry about my SP. It's was shit from the start. It's a miracle I ended up with what I have now compared to the start of the year.
2) Wins, Rangers simply have a better chance of winning than the Phils. Just look at what Lee did last year.
3) Ks

Back