Baseball scoring question

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
So i was capping the cubs at dbacks for tomorrow and i came across something that i don't understand but was hoping one of you guys knew the answer.

At chase field dempster has -0.1 innings pitched. Can someone explain the scenario where you get a negative third of an inning pitched ?

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD>By Stadium</TD><TD align=right>ERA</TD><TD align=right>W</TD><TD align=right>L</TD><TD align=right>SV</TD><TD align=right>SVO</TD><TD align=right>G</TD><TD align=right>GS</TD><TD align=right>CG</TD><TD align=right>IP</TD><TD align=right>H</TD><TD align=right>R</TD><TD align=right>ER</TD><TD align=right>HR</TD><TD align=right>BB</TD><TD align=right>SO</TD><TD align=right>AVG</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left width=115>AT&T Park</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>9.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.188</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left width=115>Busch Stadium</TD><TD>4.02</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>15.2</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>.297</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left width=115>Busch Stadium II</TD><TD>4.02</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>15.2</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>.297</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left width=115>Chase Field</TD><TD>0.00</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>-0.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

did he come in during the bottom of the 9th in a tie game
say with runners on 2nd and 3rd and did he give up a game winning
single without recording an out ?

inherited runner scored but charged to the prior pitcher?

love the handshake .

:shake:

wait . he got a save .

maybe somebody got picked off or thrown out at home
trying to score on a passed ball or wild pitch .

still love the handshake .

wait . he got a save .

maybe somebody got picked off or thrown out at home
trying to score on a passed ball or wild pitch .

still love the handshake .

this is what i was thinking but why would he get credited with negative 0.1 ip ??? wouldn't that just be 0 ip ?

hey wait a minute .

on june 14 1999 dempster and the marlins lost
2-0 to randy johnson and the diamondbacks at chase field in arizona .

he went 6.1 innings giving up 6 hits , 1 walk , while striking out 5 .

he gave up a ding dong to that behometh bat tony womack .

-0.1 cant be his full history in that park .

still looking for that -0.1 innings pitched game .

that game you're talking about is aug 24 2007 and it looks like
hr got one out in the 9th leading to his 21st save of the season
preserving a 6-2 cub win after arizona had put 2 men on the bases .

maybe it's a typo .

seeing if i can find the play by play .

lmao
hr got one out in the 9th leading to his 21st save of the season
preserving a 6-2 cub win after arizona had put 2 men on the bases .

How is that a save situation?

hey wait a minute .

on june 14 1999 dempster and the marlins lost
2-0 to randy johnson and the diamondbacks at chase field in arizona .

he went 6.1 innings giving up 6 hits , 1 walk , while striking out 5 .

-0.1 cant be his full history in that park .

still looking for that -0.1 innings pitched game .

3 year splits

must be a typo from that game because it would mean he has -0.2 ip if he has a 0.1 ip outing.

Back