Baseball O/U Chase System

RambleOn

The Law of Winning
Here is my post from last year when I posted on Covers.....

I am the type of player who is always looking for a way to beat the books with not a whole lot of effort and analysis expended. I know, there are many people who say "systems" don't work. However, I do not have the time daily to put in the hours of research necessary to cap every sport and make a profit.
That being said, I am usually looking for different spots in different sports where I can take advantage of historical and situational situations.

Finally, I have come up with a baseball system, and I wanted to share it. I started this about two weeks ago, and am 6-0 so far. Here's how it works:

This is an OVER / UNDER MLB Chase System. The goal is to find a series in which two teams have historically produced an inordiante amount of either OVERS or UNDERS. Then, you chase that result to win one unit. So, if two teams have produced 15-5 to the Over over the past 3 seasons, you would chase the OVER. If you lose your first -110 bet, you double up for the next game, to win 1 unit plus the juice and the unit you lost.

Moreover, the goal is to find series in which there has not been 3 in a row of the opposite result that you are chasing. For instance, if Detroit and Tampa Bay have produced 14 OVERS and 6 UNDERS for the last 20 meetings, but 3 of those UNDERS came in a streak one season, and 3 more the next, then that series would be a no play. In this sense, you are betting AGAINST the possibility that the series you pick will be the first time in 20 meetings where the wrong result will occur three times.

My criteria are semi-stringent. For the Last Ten meetings between the teams, the result has to have hit at a 70% clip. For the last 20 meetings, the result has to have hit at a 60% clip. Finally, there can not be an OVER or UNDER result, the opposite of what we are chasing, over 2 games.

So far this year, I am 6-0 on the 6 series I have played, +6 units. I will post my plays here if anyone is interested, and wants to follow along. For today, since there was only one game, I actually relaxed the Longest Streak category, and played a series that has hit 1 three game streak, since its the only series I am playing today. Hopefully, it will still be a winner.

Here's the play:

1: Kansas City @ Minnesota UNDER 8.5 (1/1)

Last 10: UNDER is 7-3 (70%)
Last 20: UNDER is 13-7 (65%)
Largest OVER streak is 3 games

Remember, no matter how good a play looks, you CANNOT go large on it. Sometimes, I will be playing 4 series on a given day. If you go big and lose, you will have to double up the next game, and have a chance of losing your bankroll. My units are 6% of my bankroll right now (yes this is rather large, but I am trying to build it quickly.)

By the way, the play won. Here was the final record. I played it until football started, then quit.

Running Total: 21-16-2
Chase System Overall: 21-2 +16.35 UNITS

Made a little money and got to bet on some baseball. I will be playing this system again this year, starting from the beginning, to see how it goes. Ride or die, I'm going to play it.

BOL if you ride along.

Thanks, Pattern. We'll see what happens with it this year but I have high hopes. I don't know shit about baseball and there is no way I'm tailing, so this is my solution.

Anyone with any opinions? Think this will work over the course of a season? As you can see I only played it over 23 series last year......

Just based on that limited amount I see the numbers like this:

91% = 91 series out of 100 = 91 units profit on those series
9% losses = 9 series where you lose the max units (6.2) = 55.8 units losses
Total: 35 units profit over 100 series.

So, looks like 86% is the breakeven percentage - (86 won, 86.8 lost)

And it was funny because it was 17-0 before it lost ANY. 2 of those losses came late and 1 was a complete MOOSE.....

Wish you the best of luck with this Ramble. I hate , despise and preach against negative progressions as you well know. I am making a small investment on a negative progression system in baseball this year do the fact it has years of data to support it as a winning prop .... or atleast worthy of a small investment to test it out. Still feel like i am selling my soul to the devil but i should not have a closed mind on the idea completely.

I remember you doing this last year with some success. I of course , have no idea as to whether it is long term profitable or not and really would not invest in it without long term data to show me that it works. I suppose i could go back over the years and check the parameters but i am too lazy for that kind of research. please keep accurate accounting of what happens so that i can back this thing in a few years if it pans out like you expect it to.

Also wondering if you could break this down even more based on which stadium the teams are playing in. May be an advantage based on that as well. But i dont know. Good luck with it , i will be cheering for you as always ( except when opposite of course hehe .,.... then i curse you for being right and me for being wrong :) ). Based on your cbb threads that i have followed pretty religiously , you should have some spare change available to test the system.

I've done this in the past Ramble with totals in select series or with a specific team in select series.

Rather than capping individual games, its more about capping the teams as as whole and chasing for 3-4 games until you get the desired result. It can certainly be profitable and I wish you the best of luck. I'll be checking in from time to time to see how you're faring. Or as they say on Mars...."I'll be following this system closely"

Thanks VK - I saw your thoughts in $$$'s thread and I think you'll be okay there. I am going to be keeping detailed records, and for me baseball is nice because since I don't cap it - I don't care if a game loses! Okay, I DO care if it loses, but I don't have the emotional attachment. If there is "moose" showing and a game goes over that was looking like a sure fire under - I just take the loss and move on to the next one - because I really haven't put my time and energy behind researching the "right" side. So for me, this system is nice because I get to win money (hopefully) without the negative feelings of not capping a play right. I DO have a little money to test this out again and I think it will be profitable or at very least break even (better than I could do trying to cap games myself) so I'm going to see what happens.

SCDoggy - thanks bro. Like I said it worked pretty well and I went through 17 series before getting my first loss. We'll see how it works out this year - I can't wait for next Monday

ramble I'm playing along so let me make sure I understand, since the Det gm 1 went over early we can go ahead and play the Under for tomorrow as soon as the line comes available?
Also most importantly...I need to play action and not worry about pitching changes right?:tiphat:

Doogie -

Correct, sir. This system is based on historical info and does not rely on pitching changes and whatnot, so yes play for action. Get the best line you can for every game as well - because if we push on a Game 2, the series is scrapped and the 1 unit loss from Game 1 is eaten.

Are you starting now or are you at +4 units with me?

Back