barber

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
2-7 (-2.77)

total of 5 races run so far here with 3 Penske and 2 Ganassi wins, and i see no reason why that will change. There have been an average of 3.2 cautions and 5.8 lead changes per. Four of then past five winners have qualified 3rd or better. Chevy's have been dominating, and will continue to do so until further notice (and there will be no further notice)

Dixon has finished 2nd four times and a third in his 5 attempts. Power has two wins and all 5 attempts have been top 5's. Will this be the first race this year where Power isn't the fav? I'll make them co-favs at +325.

Helio will be next in line considering he has a win and three top 3's, and Pagenaud will be right behind him with two top 5's in his four starts.

Montoya will be the 5th fav you are asking? Think so, but wouldn't be surprised if they bump him up considering he leads the points and has finished 1st, 3rd + 5th in the three races run so far this year.

i think RHR is the best Honda in the field, but the points championship does not reflect that at this time, but it will by years end. He has two wins and might have some value here. But, from the testing times here in March, i'll pass on a pre-qualifying play.

Coletti has speed, but damn almighty he can't put it all together. Gabby can't spell together. Dracone will go back to racing lawnmowers after this event, thank God. (video ) And newcomer Rodolfo Gonzalez is set for his debut ( that's a lot of crackheads in this field, and i haven't mentioned Sato's avg finish of 17.66 this year)

more in a little bit...

Kanaan has zero top 5 qualifying efforts here, and that's not to his advantage considering the importance of such. His three top 10's here, and his current form, always make him a likely candidate for a matchup tho.

i'll have two-five cents on Rahal at +4400 or better, but i don't recommend it.

Newgarden - everybody's darling who is supposed to win a race this year. Bullshit is what i say....at least this Sunday. Decent speed in March, a 6th, 10th and a 12th so far this year and two top 10's at this track in three efforts make him a likely candidate for a matchup as well.

Hinch - put him against Kanaan pre-qualfying and you know where my money will be. I'll bet you a case of beer Kanaan is more than -110 this time. I fear those days might be behind us.

thanks Schrute, Steed (handshake) Hopefully they'll have some numbers up later today.

Helio -130 RHR
Kanaan -110 Newgarden (interesting to note they've dropped Hinch to a "lower class" matchup.... will that continue going forward?? yep )
Dixon +450 (.20)
Rahal +6600 (.02)

i wish i could tell you why i can't hit submit on Hawksworth v. Sato, but i can't. They finally have a Rahal up, but i've got to think on that for a while, but will likely pass. Sunday weather will be beautiful.

Steed :shake:

wanted to mention that there is certainly a possibility (pretty good in fact) practice and qualifying could be scrubbed tomorrow. Strong storms are expected, and they could end up assembling the starting grid by the point standings like they did in NOLA. IF you think that's going to happen, the Bourdais (8th in points) versus RHR (14th) certainly is appealing at +130. As far as to win, Kanaan +3300 (3rd in points) and Hinch +3500 (5th) might be worth a gamble. Just wanted to put that out there. Race day will be fine tho. See you Sunday morning.

Back