BAR-Friday NBA Selections

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Been a downward tumble as of late. It was to be expected though after such an incredible run. I think the tide starts to turn back the right direction tonight.

*not playing any totals the rest of the season. That being said..Phx-Indy tonight over is gold and so is memphis-Detroit tomorrow. Take it for what its worth*

*I posted my Milwaukee play last night late in Killa's thread. No bitching about the line I got*

The plays:

Milwaukee+6.5 -110 3 units
San Antonio -12 -110 2 units
Detroit -3 -110 2 units

Killa's thread basically sums up the Milwaukee play in a nutshell. It doesn;t bother me too much that Bargani is playing. Situational handicapping people.

Ivy has been targeting this San Antonio game and I admit I have the same exact sentiments as him. Orlando has so much trouble IMO against good halfcourt defenses. Orlando tries a slower tempo and it hurts them against the Detroit/San Antonio's of the world.

Not sure of Sheeds status yet. Last I heard was gametime decision. I expected a 3 and thats what we have. No Wade means no creativity on offense for Miami. Detroit has bodies galore for the diesel. Matchup problems abound for the Heat. Who's Shaquille gonna guard? Maxiell, Webb, Sheed and MyDyess can all go outside or have quickness against him inside. Never a fan of DET on so much rest but they have been pretty crisp lately.

GL tonight.:cheers:

LMAO not playing any totals guess ill play spurs for 1/2 unit all the chalk lovers like that play

if i were Detriot id just put my bench warmers in to foul shaq all game shaq ft stats should look like 5 for 60 after tonight if i were coaching

I'm loving the Spurs. Bucks game seems really weird, with the team getting in late, Bargnani playing now... just seems fishy. Hope your right though, GL man

Last edited:
I will take my chances with +5, as I think the Bucks should cover that number as well. hope they don't lose by 5 or 6, I think they have a good chance to win straight up.

Why are the Pistons getting whipped today? Can't they handle it when the stakes get high - they dropped the Spurs game as well.

another foul DET and I think it's over now...

very, VERY frustrating, since they had the lead after trailing 20. Tough loss.

B.A.R.
I need Detroit to win it all...
Got $600 @ 10-1....BUT...............

Stupidist team on earth.
Webber is a complete joke.
The guy is simply not a big game player.
Early in the 4th, when Pistons still had not had the lead yet, they tie it and get the ball with about 9 minutes left. Chauncey pushes it up and hand off to C-Webb with 18 seconds left on shot clock, and 2 Pistons hadn't even made it down court yet. What does he do??? Jacks UP A 3 POINT ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The guy is a complete idiot (obvious by not hanging on to Tyra).
McDunce drives me nuts because he simply cannot make a layup or wide open put back. At least 5 times in the last 3 weeks I have seen him either blow a gimme layup or miss a point blank uncontested put back.

Just too stupid to win in the clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I say this they steal the ball with 8 seconds left and Chauncey instead of taking the gimme layup and cut it to 1 with 6 seconds left, he dribbles out and takes a terrible contested 3.
LOL

No wonder Larry Brown left.
These guys would make a combined 5 on the Wonderlick test.

Poopoo I think you're exaggerating man :shake: cool off.

btw, these guys really made our loss even tougher now, stole the ball, Billups misses the trey, then Rip. 1-16 for 3pt tonight. AHhhhhh....hurts :D.

Poopoo I think you're exaggerating man :shake: cool off.

btw, these guys really made our loss even tougher now, stole the ball, Billups misses the trey, then Rip. 1-16 for 3pt tonight. AHhhhhh....hurts :D.

I'm not mad....
I have had a very good night so far....
But I don't think I am exaggerating either.
This team is full of stupid players mentally....
Sheed, C-Webb, McDyess, Billups.....

I think B.A.R. would agree that in order for Detroit to win BIG games they need to win the first 46-47 minutes comfortably.
The last 60-120 minutes are going to be rough for Pistons fans down the stretch in tight games. They just don't have the brains.

Finally!

first time I was on the opposite side of BAR and actually won!

:an_roll_laugh:

they played well in the second half. We had a chance in this game....and boy was there no reasonable expectation at halftime for us to have a chance in it...

alas.

HURRAY FOR MILK!

Finally!

first time I was on the opposite side of BAR and actually won!

:an_roll_laugh:

personally, if i was a moderator here....youd be issued a final warning for posting this...

the dude lost, he doesnt wanna read this bullshit

personally, if i was a moderator here....youd be issued a final warning for posting this...

the dude lost, he doesnt wanna read this bullshit

WTF?

This was in no way an attempt at a bash. I think Reno knows me well enough to know this as well. It has always been a friendly joke when I am on the opposite side of BAR that I always lose those games...I think if BAR has a problem with my comment he would have contacted me about it...but like I said its always been a friendly joke between the both of us...

Why are you so quick to assume that I was bashing?

I'm not mad....
I have had a very good night so far....
But I don't think I am exaggerating either.
This team is full of stupid players mentally....
Sheed, C-Webb, McDyess, Billups.....

I think B.A.R. would agree that in order for Detroit to win BIG games they need to win the first 46-47 minutes comfortably.
The last 60-120 minutes are going to be rough for Pistons fans down the stretch in tight games. They just don't have the brains.

2 THINGS..LEAVE bILLUPS OUTTA THAT...THE LAST 4 YEARS HE IS A TOP 4 CLUCTH PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE with Kobe, Wade, and Gil

2nd..Wewbb has stayed away from those stupid shots since his time here..tonight a few..I understand what you are saying but as a 4th to 5th option that doesn't worry me.

Lastly..they playd worse half of year..it happens. 2nd half their defense was incredible and they made shots. One bad half where Shaq was also possessed.

Don't read too much.

Austin its all good. No problem.

Remember this is the net and people will read statments personally. No prob with Bill having a back here. I appreciate it and would/will always have his. I credit him with pushing me over top wit Spurs play.

I'll take the winning night. Conrats to all Buks and Spurs Backers..and Under backers in Miami.

The one I am pissed I didn't pull trigger on is Rockets

Ok...I figured we would be on the same page here....:shake:

2 THINGS..LEAVE bILLUPS OUTTA THAT...THE LAST 4 YEARS HE IS A TOP 4 CLUCTH PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE with Kobe, Wade, and Gil

2nd..Wewbb has stayed away from those stupid shots since his time here..tonight a few..I understand what you are saying but as a 4th to 5th option that doesn't worry me.

Lastly..they playd worse half of year..it happens. 2nd half their defense was incredible and they made shots. One bad half where Shaq was also possessed.

Don't read too much.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree....
Don't get me wrong I want either Det or Hou to win it all!!!!!!!!!
But IMO Webber, McDyess, & R. Wallace (I will give you Billups even though I don't think he is a smart player even though he may be "clutch") are 3 of the most ignorant basketball players not only in the league, but in the HISTORY of professional basketball.
With that said GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacka wacka:

No doubt. I am happy to have a solid night. One horrendous half by DET and a great efort by Miami in 1st half squashed hopes of a great night.

Some nights teams will shoot 28 percent in a half..it happens. They had good shots and didn't make them. Conversely, Miami was the aggressors and deserved to win.

Good night Alimony. Your boys gonna take out some anger on those poor Memphis chaps tomorrow?

Good night Alimony. Your boys gonna take out some anger on those poor Memphis chaps tomorrow?

Prolly..Like the Ovah...was settin up as a Memphis play if they had played better tonight..prolly no play..saw a 5 or 5.5 earlier...

tough..Gasol always kills us..but that was against Ben..so who knows

Back