Bad Beats of Bad Beats...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
League I run...guy won by 1.5 points...

Stat corrections yesterday...lost by .5 points...

This is the play at end of Steelers game...

He had Deangelo...

[h=3]1st and 10 at PIT 20[/h](0:04 - 4th) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short right to H.Miller to PIT 23 for 3 yards. Lateral to A.Brown to PIT 16 for -7 yards. Lateral to B.Roethlisberger to PIT 8 for -8 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by PIT-D.Williams at PIT 8

Wow. That is brutal.

I lost about 8 years ago in a similar fashion. I woulda had a perfect season to make matters worse.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it now, I didn't even lose the game, I tied. I was up by 1, I had Frank Gore he scores...play gets reviewed, it gets reversed. No big deal, because I am up by 1 and will win anyway. Well, next play he gets stuffed at the goalline for a 3 yard loss causing me to lose a point on the very last play of the game. I ended up tied with the guy in the championship. Given that I was 13-0 and outscored every single team, you win think I owned all the tiebreakers, but not in this case. It was a Yahoo league with friends and my idiot buddy left the championship tiebreaker on default, which was most TD's scored in the game. Goodbye championship.

Trying to say, I feel your pain. :shake:

No, this guy had DeAngelo...

DeAngelo got credited with the fumble.

How did DeAngelo get credited with the fumble? According to that he simply recovered it. That has to be some mistake if he got credited with a fumble when he didn't touch the ball until he recovered the fumble.

I agree totally but that is official NFL scoring

Jeebus, that's horrible and literally makes no sense.

Reminds me of a scenario many years ago when a buddy lost a playoff game because his defense got a turnover, then fumbled the ball themselves which was then returned by the offense for a TD. The offense on that play became the defense after the original TO, and the guy he was playing had that team's defense (who, again had their offense on the field), so he got 6 pts for the TD and ended up winning by less than 6 points. He literally quit fantasy football after that game and hasn't been in our league since.

Where do they come up with some of these "rules?"

Back