B1G week 8

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Oregon@Purdue- tickets are as low as 19.00 to see an ass whopping.

Nebraska@Indiana-hot ticket in Bloomington at the low of 127.00. Good to see the interest level up.

Wisconsin@Northwestern-tickets as low as 130.00 to see this game? That's wild.

UCLA@Rutgers-tickets as low as 23.00 to see the most traveled team in UCLA at 25,000 miles this year.

Michigan@Illinois-91 bones to see Bert in his 5x tarp coat take on the unpredictable Wolverines.

Usc@Maryland-23 bucks to see this interesting matchup on the East Coast.

Iowa@Michigan State-51 bucks to see this one. Another odd game to me

Shoot the shit!

I was not actively rooting against OSU at all. I had their 28.5 TT pretty big and that felt like it took forever to cash.

I was surprised at how crisp the Oregon offense was -- not so much on the OSU end but the fact that Oregon has had some issues this year (as we spoke of in last week's thread). Nice work Dillon.

On the flip, we can make Jeremiah eligible for the draft ASAP ;).

This loss does nothing to the OSU playoff chances. Even another loss, they'll be fine.

That being said, they know what they have to work on.

I also have a better feeling on the Ducks -- moreso like preseason than the first month+

Oh, PSU is ranked #3?

Lol.

That schedule is ridiculously easy. Their loss is OSU, right?

So, I think we can pencil in (rough draft) PSU, OSU and Oregon into the playoffs.

Already capping the playoffs!

I was not actively rooting against OSU at all. I had their 28.5 TT pretty big and that felt like it took forever to cash.

I was surprised at how crisp the Oregon offense was -- not so much on the OSU end but the fact that Oregon has had some issues this year (as we spoke of in last week's thread). Nice work Dillon.

On the flip, we can make Jeremiah eligible for the draft ASAP ;).

This loss does nothing to the OSU playoff chances. Even another loss, they'll be fine.

That being said, they know what they have to work on.

I also have a better feeling on the Ducks -- moreso like preseason than the first month+
As OSU fan, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, they need to settle on a defensive approach that doesn't both cause zero havoc and also give up a bunch of chunk plays, but I'm not sure that they're aligned on a solution (esp with the Knowles/Johnson rift ongoing). And the offense (and coaching staff) needs to do much better with clock management. But whatever they do to work on those two areas, we're talking about significant changes in approach (at least on the defensive side) that can't really be tested except against top-flight competition. No offense to Nebraska, Indiana and Michigan, but at Penn State on Nov 2nd might be the only chance they have to evaluate their progress in these areas (though the Indiana game could be another good data point for defensive changes, as IU offense certainly can get chunk plays).

As OSU fan, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, they need to settle on a defensive approach that doesn't both cause zero havoc and also give up a bunch of chunk plays, but I'm not sure that they're aligned on a solution (esp with the Knowles/Johnson rift ongoing). And the offense (and coaching staff) needs to do much better with clock management. But whatever they do to work on those two areas, we're talking about significant changes in approach (at least on the defensive side) that can't really be tested except against top-flight competition. No offense to Nebraska, Indiana and Michigan, but at Penn State on Nov 2nd might be the only chance they have to evaluate their progress in these areas (though the Indiana game could be another good data point for defensive changes, as IU offense certainly can get chunk plays).

OSU has no identity. Haven't for a few years. That's on the staff. You run like hell for a half then throw for a quarter. Blitz for a quarter then zone for 3. No consistency.

OSU has no identity. Haven't for a few years. That's on the staff. You run like hell for a half then throw for a quarter. Blitz for a quarter then zone for 3. No consistency.
I wish I could argue with you, Hunt, but I can't. I know that the injury to Simmons impacted the running game, but great teams/programs overcome stuff like that. And they certainly don't blame the officials.

I wish I could argue with you, Hunt, but I can't. I know that the injury to Simmons impacted the running game, but great teams/programs overcome stuff like that. And they certainly don't blame the officials.

Hey biff, y'all still have a great squad and should go deep into playoffs imo. I'm just not sure about coach Day like a lot of OSU fans.

Oregon is probably the toughest place to play in the country at night in 2024 and a damn good team. That was a helluva game with you guys being a pussy hair away from winning.

One thing this year is to not overreact to a previous weeks results...

As I said last week -- I was curious if Illinois was looking forward to the UM game this week --

Bert's presser comments at least tell me that he was. This game is personal for him.

I don't understand the line, at all. I would have this at PK to be honest.

Now, the Michigan offense will be a bit better with Jack back there. They are switching up the OL, only about 5 weeks late but oh well.

That being said, the Illinois defense isn't as bad as they showed last week. I think we need to erase that from our minds when capping this game.

I haven't played it yet -- but have to lean to the points here!

More thoughts around 9pm tonight -- a bit of work and then an afternoon of fall cleanup first.

Here's my opinion on that Illinois performance last week. first of all, it was really interesting that Walters called the offensive plays for Purdue in that game. He clearly knows how to handle Aaron Henry, and he knew it. (BTW, I'm hearing Walters is under investigation for some hanky panky with a subordinate, so stay tuned on that).

First of all, lets digest just how remarkably bad that was. Illinois, which prior to that was definitely "not bad" gave up 288 passing yards and 382 total yards in the second half. That's 12 yards PER PLAY. Now, we all know that when a team is a 23 point favorite and up 27-3, there isn't the attention to detail you would normally see, but come on. Also, Illinois didn't know until Friday's practice that Purdue would be completely revamping their offense with a QB there was no film on, but the complete inability to do anything other than be helpless was astounding.

I also agree that a look ahead aspect was evident there, but if I'm Michigan I have to at least consider trying to ape what Purdue did with Orji.

Hey biff, y'all still have a great squad and should go deep into playoffs imo. I'm just not sure about coach Day like a lot of OSU fans.

Oregon is probably the toughest place to play in the country at night in 2024 and a damn good team. That was a helluva game with you guys being a pussy hair away from winning.
Yeah, I have no complaints in that they played hard and we got a great game, but man was the defense disappointing (more the coaching/scheme than the effort). I have serious CRD concerns - he's wound really tight and in big games it feels like he's way too in his own head and his worst enemy.

The key this week is to not take into account to much from last week on these games...

Both the pro level and college are showing this to more the case than ever.

Early money moving the Oregon line back to where it should be... this game is on a Friday in a venue that has produced massive upsets in the past ... Oregon off their biggest game of the year... this is basically a HT/LIVE bet ONLY. I don't see any reason to force bets. Yeah, I can concede an over thought here.

No clue what happened in that Rutgers and Wisconsin game last week. That was a murder. The Badgers are not that good ad Rutgers is not that bad. Now, UCLA off a bad 2nd half last week travels east to face what should be a pissed off RU squad. I'll be honest, I think this line is 1.5 points short. I'd likely wait into the game to bet though. UCLA has played tough all year, relative to spreads.

Classic spot here as Wisconsin heads to Northwestern sporting a tariff of a TD. Eh, I'd stay far away here. I've seen this story before. Too pricey for me to even think about the favorite and the situation isn't ideal.

Game of the week is certainly Huskers and Hoosiers. I can't wait for this one as we'll have a really good grasp on the end of season for both after this. I love the OVER here and have already bet it at OVER 50.5 -110. Indiana continues to lack respect with regards to totals. This is 27-24 at the least and I expect someone to hit 30-31 here for sure.

Brutal finish for USC last week -- now they head East again to face the Terrapins. I have no clue here to be honest, no interest in all in this game. I'd like to hear @Timh thoughts on the state of the team. That wasn't pretty last Friday night (weird boxscore). I feel like we receive one weird Maryland Friday night game every year!

Iowa and Sparty play a night game in East Lansing. A much needed off week for MSU last time out. The big question is if they continue to let the young kid make multiple mistakes every game or reign in him a bit? I'll study up more on that. Tough defense up front to face. I'm not enamored with much here. MSU has been an under team and weirdly enough Iowa has been the opposite.

**One thing to note-- Michigan State Super Bowl next week -- also at night --

Ohio State
Minnesota
Penn State
Washington

all on byes

Another random note -- Rutgers and USC play at 11pm eastern next week

The Knowles Johnson rift is the craziest thing I've read in long time if true. Yes that's on Day but also Knowles. You don't take that job unless you have complete control of defense. Negotiation 101. My guess is money was so absurd he just accepted it. But a DC not having total control of D line play is insane. Outside of having a QB nothing more important in football than pressuring the passer.

I feel like Nebraska should score some pts on this Indiana defense. Raiola was really bad vs Rutgers, but maybe that was the weather and a way too conservative 2H game plan knowing the opposing offense couldn't do much.

Going to see how good the Nebraska D is and the Indiana O. Could see it going either way there.

I feel like Nebraska should score some pts on this Indiana defense. Raiola was really bad vs Rutgers, but maybe that was the weather and a way too conservative 2H game plan knowing the opposing offense couldn't do much.

Going to see how good the Nebraska D is and the Indiana O. Could see it going either way there.
Yeah Nebby going to score.

Hence my over.

Feel really good about this one.

So prob 21-20 final.

A few rumblings that Illinois used all of last week preparing for Michigan.

I did lock that one in as well Illinois+3.5 -101

Back