B1G week 6

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Thought I'd give @B.A.R. a little breather as he's carried this thread all year.

Onto the games

Michigan State @ Oregon-Tickets for as low as $28 bucks to see Oregon in a tough spot week before OSU. Nice little Friday night game though for fans.

UCLA @ PSU-Tickets go for as low as $72 to see probably the worst B1G team take on PSU in a hangover after the whiteout.

Purdue @ Wisconsin-Tickets for $54 to see two teams who don't have much of a defense. Good over game potentially?

Iowa @ OSU-Tickets for $66 to watch Kaleb Johnson vs that Buckeye defense. Interesting spot for bucks.

Indiana @ Northwestern-Tickets as low as $139 to see fucking NW. I know it's a new stadium but damn.

Rutgers @ Nebraska-Tickets as low as $66, Rutgers is a live ass doggy for sure, Wanna be Mahomes might sturggle in this one.

Michigan @ Washington-Tickets as low as $72 to see Michigan's first road game and a rematch of the 2024 MNC which we saw the Wolverines dominate to win the 2023-2024 title. I love saying that.

USC @ Minnesota-Tickets as low as $36 bucks, the cheapest ticket on the big ten slate. Minnesota can't stop the run and USC has issues stopping the run as well. Another unpredictable game.

Expensive weekend for big ten fans. Gl and shoot the shit...

Love the ticket prices as always
Damn woulda NEVER guessed NW with that price vs Indiana! This is the unveiling of stadium? Haven’t kept up

Love the ticket prices as always
Damn woulda NEVER guessed NW with that price vs Indiana! This is the unveiling of stadium? Haven’t kept up

Thanks twink.They've actually played there. I guess it's a premium ticket to see 5-0 Indiana!

Hoping to contribute more moving forward and go to every other week with Reno. He's carried the forum the last month and more and I appreciate that. Been dealing with some personal issues myself.

Purdue is really bad. I'd have them as the worst in the conf. UCLA sucks, but they play hard, I'll give them that. They actually impressed me a bit vs Oregon. Good energy out there from them.

Let's try to do a Power Ranking. Going to go by who I would favor right now on a neutral field.

1. Ohio St
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Penn St.
5. Indiana
6. Michigan
7. Nebraska
8. Iowa
9. Illinois
10. Wisconsin
11. Washington
12. Rutgers
13. Mich State
14. Minnesota
15. Maryland
16. UCLA
17. NW
18. Purdue

Let's try to do a Power Ranking. Going to go by who I would favor right now on a neutral field.

1. Ohio St
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Penn St.
5. Indiana
6. Michigan
7. Nebraska
8. Iowa
9. Illinois
10. Wisconsin
11. Washington
12. Rutgers
13. Mich State
14. Minnesota
15. Maryland
16. UCLA
17. NW
18. Purdue

I agree for the most part. 7-12 are all pretty interchangeable at this point imo but the top is how I have it as well, I guess an argument can be made for USC/ Penn State switching spots. We'll see.

Yeah, tough on those middle teams. I could easily be a couple spots too high on Nebraska but I'm still fairly bullish there, esp if they start playing the correct guy at RB.

Iowa, if they actually are coming up with an offense, would be higher.

Yeah, tough on those middle teams. I could easily be a couple spots too high on Nebraska but I'm still fairly bullish there, esp if they start playing the correct guy at RB.

Iowa, if they actually are coming up with an offense, would be higher.

Iowa struggles with any good defense, the difference between this year and last year's team is that last year's team couldn't score on you and me alone in the secondary. This years team can run on anyone but the good defenses.

Any thoughts on Indiana futures? Only tough road game is at Ohio St....Obviously still gotta beat Nebraska, Wash, Mich and @ Mich St....but its not inconceivable they run the table

Any thoughts on Indiana futures? Only tough road game is at Ohio St....Obviously still gotta beat Nebraska, Wash, Mich and @ Mich St....but its not inconceivable they run the table

Maybe to win Big ten but they'd get rolled in playoffs. What's their number?

Man PSU just hasn't been doing it for me this early going but same can be said for USC.
USC hasn't impressed me yet.

Now, I wanted USC 2h bets Saturday but missed pulling the trigger. Wisconsin is pretty blah.

USC can pass the ball. Wow, shocker lol.

PSU TTs in two weeks I'm thinking.

Maybe to win Big ten but they'd get rolled in playoffs. What's their number?
They aren't beating Oregon or OSU in the title game.

Best bet now for IU is to pop their RSW over.

IU is 3500/4000 to win the conference.

Purdue is really bad. I'd have them as the worst in the conf. UCLA sucks, but they play hard, I'll give them that. They actually impressed me a bit vs Oregon. Good energy out there from them.
You could make a good argument that Purdue is the worst P4 team. I don't think I'd be willing to lay points with them on a neutral even vs Houston or Miss St. They just don't have the players to run what they want to run, esp on defense. They had 165 yards in penalties vs UNL and I think 5 DPI penalties. Franklin is playing this attacking style with his corners on an island as if he has Bama/OSU/UM/Iowa/Oklahoma-quality DBs out there. He does not.

They had been trucked for 300 yards rushing in their couple of games before that so you can see why he decided to stop the run vs us.

USC hasn't impressed me yet.

Now, I wanted USC 2h bets Saturday but missed pulling the trigger. Wisconsin is pretty blah.

USC can pass the ball. Wow, shocker lol.

PSU TTs in two weeks I'm thinking.

I am in line with the same thinking in a few weeks.

Michigan @ Washington-Tickets as low as $72 to see Michigan's first road game and a rematch of the 2024 MNC which we saw the Wolverines catch the Huskies on an off-night to slide into the 2023-2024 title. I love saying that.
Fixed it for you....................

Also, note that the UW should really be undefeated at this point and have some ballers on this team.......they are stupid and completely undisciplined at times, but ballers. I really think they take care of Michigan this weekend

Also, note that the UW should really be undefeated at this point and have some ballers on this team.......they are stupid and completely undisciplined at times, but ballers. I really think they take care of Michigan this weekend

Tough game this weekend. And an interesting one. Thanks for the thoughts Jimmy.

Believe Michigan's defense will be the difference tomorrow.
Has to be...

Will is back I believe...

As is Stewart.

Both sat last week.

Will and Hill are the highest rated CB combo in the country. Both grade out over 80.

The DL obviously is great.

The LB play has been disappointing, especially with the camps that Ernest and the Maryland kid had. They both have been underwhelming. Coaching?

Makari Paige has had a weird year too -- for such a reliable veteran -- at safety.

Was +700 to make playoffs a few days ago when I mentioned it in a different thread. Been steadily grinded down but still worth something. Can see no worse than 10-2 assuming no major injuries etc. Could go 11-1 and not make Big10 championship and be fine. Only problem is, are the computers or voters gonna let them in.

On Wisky, Indy, and Michigan ML tomorrow. Staying away from Rutgers/Huskers, Penn ST/UCLA. Maybe play Ohio St in afternoon, ehh, maybe not.

Been doing good fading Purdue, trying it again.
Indy just so solidly coached, impressive!
And counting on that wolv defense.

Good Luck all!

He also has zero oline..I do think he'll be good in a few years.
Oh, he will be much better

They are letting him be bad.... So he can be good...

I actually don't hate the idea.

I'm just curious if a big time team grabs him after next year -- I know from a good source that Ishbia is still funnelling money (despite NBA rules) so they should be able to have better nil protection.

You all want Michigan thoughts?

No clue.

I'd actually lean Washington.

Too many horror trips to the WC in the 2000s are stuck in my head.

Brass write-up gives a solid insight to Washington IMO.

No clue.

Yep. Too tough to call.

No clue.

Of course right?

Good call sir!

Back