B1G week 6

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Season goes by super fast, enjoy it.

Nebraska vs Illinois...$9.00 gets you in to see Nebraskas offense finally score a few TDs.

Maryland vs Ohio State...$60.00 to go see a decent game imo.

Rutgers vs Wisconsin..$46.00 to see an interesting matchup.

Howard vs Northwestern...$4.00, rather buy a slice of Malnati's.

Purdue vs Iowa...$57.00 to go to this game? No thx.

Michigan vs Minnesota....$61.00, Can Minny pull off the upset?

Shoot the shit

Interesting tidbit from West Layfayette. Purdue head coach Walters, formally Illinois DC, took over calling defensive plays vs ILL.

"Kane can see the game better from top." Walters said. "That's the way we operated a year ago (at Illinois). So, I was just trying to help with him seeing the game. He was very communicative up top. It worked obviously, and so I'm happy that we were able to do that as a staff."

Makes sense as Walters should know Illinois tendencies. Wonder if it continues to Iowa?

Yep Walters also had Harell up in the booth too. It's going to continue as that wasn't just for Illinois. I think it's safe now to assume that Walter's fair attempt at Kane calling "his" (as in Walters) defense is now over and they will continue using what worked at Illinois last year with Kane being eyes in the sky but Walters calling the plays.

It was night and day IMO and had some different more aggressive wrinkles that I hadn't seen the first few weeks.

I'll make my appearance tomorrow night.

Alright,

This will have very little structure but hopefully you can find a point or two in here to help with your capping...

Michigan crushed Nebraska. That was a very profitable and satisfying game for myself. This team needed a road game, bad, to show their true potential. That was pretty damn good. The BIGGEST thing to take from this game -- Michigan played over SIXTY guys and didn't commit one penalty. Amazing!

They did give up that big late run, but they give up yards and/or a score in blowouts every 4th quarter, Cap that into 'live' plays.

Nebraska came in averaging 234.8 yards per game. Prior to that big run, they were at 20 carries for 32 yards!

Speaking of rushing -- Corum is getting that confidence back. Edwards ran better, but still seems to force it at times. Mullings is slimmer and fast now. Great short yardage weapon!

Overall though, a very crisp win. There are concerns on the pass defense, no doubt. Time to clean that up and hopefully get the injured guys back into mid-season form and wish for the best at CB2.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you Rutgers for that needless score with under 20 seconds left vs Wagner. That is all. Two units, routine.

Sparty and Iowa was some bad football. As much as we have ragged on selfish and cocky Cade the last year or so, the kid was out there playing injured. Tough way to finish the season out -- potentially.

James Franklin going to James Franklin, with that late cover. Again though, cap that. Nice call by @HUNT to play them 2h in a tie game. I had the inclination, but with a strong running game I feared a fast clock. Alas, a few late scores and they covered the original spread as well!

---------------------------------------

I didn't see any of the Minnesota game. I did see they came back and won in the 4th. I notice they ran the ball 51 times, for a 3.9 ypc average -- against ULL. Hmmm. They also gave up some big runs.

----------------------------------------

Maryland destroyed Indiana, not bad in a lookahead. The Hoosiers are downright awful, so this should happen. There isn't a lot to learn here to be honest. I still hope to do a Maryland breakdown ahead of this weeks big game vs the Buckeyes.

I saw none of this Purdue explosion versus Ilinois. Man, that one year 'bump' for the Illini was short-lived. This team seemingly is regressing as the season progresses. The thing about this game -- the box score makes it look like a one score game at first glance. A big 3rd quarter coupled with a 33- and 44-yard TD drives made this into a blowout.

Alright, that was a rather non-descript week in the conference, I'll be honest, this conference is a brutal watch right now outside of the Big 3, Maryland, Rutgers and Wisconsin. Yes, they have 3 of the top 6-8 teams, otherwise we are talking about historical boringness,

Onto a new week, and hopefully find some winners!

Friday night in Champaigne and nothing could be more exciting. I do think NU is on the right track. Rhule has a plan and understands that it will not be pretty for a bit. They play hard though, and I like the QB, He'll be a damn good TE in the league as well. This would be a very solid win to help accelerate the rebuild. Illinois is down from last year, so why not go get a solid road win? No leans here, just my few rambling thoughts

Big Noon on Fox, and while many of us will be watching the RRR intently in the same window, this deserves a spot on TV #2. To be honest, this is put up or shut-up time for the Terps. We know their story, hot starts and tail off. They have had OSU on the ropes a few times in the last 5 years without sealing the deal. You want to take that next step? Go into the shoe and win a game with your veteran QB. Bottom line. The Bucks had a week off after the physical affair in South Bend. Great character win there. Strong line here, at 19,5 last I looked. Hefty tariff, have the Bucks earned it?

Rutgers heads to Madison as a 2-tuddy dog. I know a few people are interested in this dog here. Has Wisconsin done anything to garner being this big of a favorite here? Shiano is one of the top 2-3 coaches in the conference. This is a very fundamentally sound ballclub here. They should give Wisconsin a 4-quarter game. Yes, lean the dog here. Still capping this one.

Check the FCS thread for Howard and Northwestern handicapping -- that is where I'll be heading. I will say, Northwestern isn't a total dumpster fire this season.

Another total in the 30's in Iowa City. Oey, I need some more background on this back-up QB that completed less than half of his attempts the other night. This game isn't very attractive at all.

Last, but not least, Saturday night in Minneapolis. This will be the 2nd straight road game for Michigan. This will also be their 2nd overall night game. One thing to remember, JH hates night games. If he had it his way, every start would be high noon. I feel like they have been hit and miss in these spots. Overall, not too worried about anything weird happening here. Minnesota doesn't have some potent passing attack that could put a scare into Michigan. The Wolves should run all over this team and use play-action at the proper times. Total has popped up a bit higher after bottoming out last week. I don't have any initial leans here but am capping this as the week goes. I know we have a pretty significant front going through the Midwest late this week -- so let us peek that weather as well for any rain and wind on Saturday night.

Alright,

This will have very little structure but hopefully you can find a point or two in here to help with your capping...

Michigan crushed Nebraska. That was a very profitable and satisfying game for myself. This team needed a road game, bad, to show their true potential. That was pretty damn good. The BIGGEST thing to take from this game -- Michigan played over SIXTY guys and didn't commit one penalty. Amazing!

They did give up that big late run, but they give up yards and/or a score in blowouts every 4th quarter, Cap that into 'live' plays.

Nebraska came in averaging 234.8 yards per game. Prior to that big run, they were at 20 carries for 32 yards!

Speaking of rushing -- Corum is getting that confidence back. Edwards ran better, but still seems to force it at times. Mullings is slimmer and fast now. Great short yardage weapon!

Overall though, a very crisp win. There are concerns on the pass defense, no doubt. Time to clean that up and hopefully get the injured guys back into mid-season form and wish for the best at CB2.

Thank you Rutgers for that needless score with under 20 seconds left vs Wagner. That is all. Two units, routine.

Sparty and Iowa was some bad football. As much as we have ragged on selfish and cocky Cade the last year or so, the kid was out there playing injured. Tough way to finish the season out -- potentially.

James Franklin going to James Franklin, with that late cover. Again though, cap that. Nice call by @HUNT to play them 2h in a tie game. I had the inclination, but with a strong running game I feared a fast clock. Alas, a few late scores and they covered the original spread as well!

---------------------------------------

I didn't see any of the Minnesota game. I did see they came back and won in the 4th. I notice they ran the ball 51 times, for a 3.9 ypc average -- against ULL. Hmmm. They also gave up some big runs.

Maryland destroyed Indiana, not bad in a lookahead. The Hoosiers are downright awful, so this should happen. There isn't a lot to learn here to be honest. I still hope to do a Maryland breakdown ahead of this weeks big game vs the Buckeyes.

I saw none of this Purdue explosion versus Ilinois. Man, that one year 'bump' for the Illini was short-lived. This team seemingly is regressing as the season progresses. The thing about this game -- the box score makes it look like a one score game at first glance. A big 3rd quarter coupled with a 33- and 44-yard TD drives made this into a blowout.

Alright, that was a rather non-descript week in the conference, I'll be honest, this conference is a brutal watch right now outside of the Big 3, Maryland, Rutgers and Wisconsin. Yes, they have 3 of the top 6-8 teams, otherwise we are talking about historical boringness,

Onto a new week, and hopefully find some winners!

Friday night in Champaigne and nothing could be more exciting. I do think NU is on the right track. Rhule has a plan and understands that it will not be pretty for a bit. They play hard though, and I like the QB, He'll be a damn good TE in the league as well. This would be a very solid win to help accelerate the rebuild. Illinois is down from last year, so why not go get a solid road win? No leans here, just my few rambling thoughts

Big Noon on Fox, and while many of us will be watching the RRR intently in the same window, this deserves a spot on TV #2. To be honest, this is put up or shut-up time for the Terps. We know their story, hot starts and tail off. They have had OSU on the ropes a few times in the last 5 years without sealing the deal. You want to take that next step? Go into the shoe and win a game with your veteran QB. Bottom line. The Bucks had a week off after the physical affair in South Bend. Great character win there. Strong line here, at 19,5 last I looked. Hefty tariff, have the Bucks earned it?

Rutgers heads to Madison as a 2-tuddy dog. I know a few people are interested in this dog here. Has Wisconsin done anything to garner being this big of a favorite here? Shiano is one of the top 2-3 coaches in the conference. This is a very fundamentally sound ballclub here. They should give Wisconsin a 4-quarter game. Yes, lean the dog here. Still capping this one.

Check the FCS thread for Howard and Northwestern handicapping -- that is where I'll be heading. I will say, Northwestern isn't a total dumpster fire this season.

Another total in the 30's in Iowa City. Oey, I need some more background on this back-up QB that completed less than half of his attempts the other night. This game isn't very attractive at all.

Last, but not least, Saturday night in Minneapolis. This will be the 2nd straight road game for Michigan. This will also be their 2nd overall night game. One thing to remember, JH hates night games. If he had it his way, every start would be high noon. I feel like they have been hit and miss in these spots. Overall, not too worried about anything weird happening here. Minnesota doesn't have some potent passing attack that could put a scare into Michigan. The Wolves should run all over this team and use play-action at the proper times. Total has popped up a bit higher after bottoming out last week. I don't have any initial leans here but am capping this as the week goes. I know we have a pretty significant front going through the Midwest late this week -- so let us peek that weather as well for any rain and wind on Saturday night.

RENO

Ohio State off a bye under Ryan Day;
2022, Oct 22, OSU 54, Iowa 10. -29.5
2021, Oct 23, OSU 54, Indy 7. -21
2019, Nov 9, OSU 73, Maryland 14 -42.5
2019, Oct 18, OSU 52, NW 3. -26.5

Ohio St last home loss after bye week was 1990. Last loss after bye was @ Penn St 2005.

Didbn't even look at 2020 as COVID f'd things up. Just read on Eleven Warriors that Bucs had two "byes" due to cancellations in 2020 and beat Indy by just 7 and Sparty by 40.
Cannot see counting that abnormal year.

Regarding MD/OSU - I think the big advantage for OSU is better quality and depth on both lines. OSU has the ability to wear down Maryland with their running game in the second half. Maryland offense is fine especially in passing game, Taulia sees the field very well and gets the ball out quickly. MD has the speed and athleticism at the WR position to be very competitive. I do have a concern about MD base running game as I expected it to be better in these last two games vs MSU and Indiana. The OL has some ? marks and struggled particularly against MSU in 2H when MSU started mixing in different blitzes and they had trouble with pickups and adjustments. Taulia also had some trouble with the blitz in that game. I think MD can hang around in this game, but the worry is getting worn down in the 2H and having their defense on the field too much.

interesting to me michigan is at 18.5 after opening at 20.......not sure what i'm missing here, minnesota appears to be a play against team much like nebraska.....they sure aren't leaps better then the huskers and we just saw that result

interesting to me michigan is at 18.5 after opening at 20.......not sure what i'm missing here, minnesota appears to be a play against team much like nebraska.....they sure aren't leaps better then the huskers and we just saw that result
Definitely not injury related.

I believe this will be as healthy as UM has been.

Few late evening house projects then I'll jump in with more UM/general thoughts around midnight ...

I could be way off here as I’m kinda searching out some new props this week as lot of dudes I been playing have been noticed by the world and totals been jacked up by the books, honestly I couldn’t believe how many times I got to play a few of those wrs with numbers so short!! I have a sneaking suspicion Treyvon Henderson could double up his 78.5 rush total. Really don’t see why he wouldn’t get 15-20 carry’s, think the week off prob gave them time to let the oline know it time to push some ppl off the ball. Last year against Terps Henderson didn’t do shit but osu had as many rush attempts as they had vs any big10 team.

Few late evening house projects then I'll jump in with more UM/general thoughts around midnight ...

all the indicators public bets and line movement indicate minnesota is the side........obviously michigan looks too easy on surface

Really not much to add here.

Team is getting healthier in secondary, so that is big, Reps and technique are the big things here. They need to clean-up a few things after the bad angles versus Rutgers on a score early and some passing lanes versus the Huskers as well.

Offense was very crispy last week, and I would expect more of the same. The road seemed to help focus.

A night home game versus the #2 team likely has Minnesota fired up out of the gate. This feels like a good game to track for a better UM number on the love market.

I am not enamored with the spread pre-game either way.

Mason Graham is back, best run stopper UM has. That is after they started last week giving up 32 on 20 till the big run with 4 mins left in garbage time.

Anyways, nothing else of note on the team. I just went through the recruiting/team pages and all seems normal.

Weather: 50 degrees, cloudy and light wins. FOOTBALL WEATHER

Last edited:
Maryland has started a lot of games very very slow. If they do that in the same manner here they’ll be down 35-0 early 2q.

Well that fucking sucks. I have quite a bit of money on his over rush yards. Plus he jump starting several parlays! Lol. Fuck
Well it will be voided right?

I saw his total and I didn't like it. Too many rb's in the stable for OSU to reliably predict any of their yardage.

So DK doesn’t have any running back props up now. Is there a osu back we can trust assuming anyone gets a prop? Didn’t they already lose their other top back weeks ago?

Back