B1G Week 4

PaintCrew

Has Nicer Hair Than Matt Haarms
Delete if I missed it but didn't see one of these so figured I'd get it out there.

Purdue/ND - Honestly not a lot of surprises. Game was dominated by both D'Lines as expected and credit ND for having more success on a couple short 4th down plays where Purdue failed on their own. Opportunities were there but the right team won (maybe not covered). Came away still very pleased with the aggressive nature of the Purdue D and the D'Line continues to give me hope to compete against the middle/bottom of the B1G where the past 2 years Purdue would struggle in particular with defending the run.

IU/Cincy - Watched a decent amount of this one. Really felt like the targeting call in the 2nd qtr against Indy's best defender flipped the entire game. Will be interesting to see how Indy responds now with a couple losses (albeit to top 10 teams). Cincy kind of methodically wore them down in the 2nd half. Felt fortunate with the cover holding a Cincy -3 ticket.

Iowa/Kent - Still not sure how +22.5 didn't cover. Felt like Ferentz woke up with 4 minutes left realizing he might need a little style points throwing down the field when the game wasn't in doubt. Strange possession but it is what it is.

I didn't have a chance to watch much else and am still slightly hungover from Saturday. Evidently not as young as I pretended to be.

Lets fire through some notes from last week... this conference is getting very interesting at this point...

I am doing boxscore capping as we go...I obviously got to see a lot of action this week as well...

Maryland offense away from home is such a stark contrast from at home. Yes they won, and any road win in conference should not be discounted but this was ugly. On the flipside, Illinois just keeps getting worse each week...

Michigan took care of business and did it in dominating fashion. They wanted to pass a bit more, and did, but that still needs some work... and will eventually hurt them down the line. Cade is capable, but more of a manager. JJ is the star of the future, but man I wouldn't mind him down the stretch a bit more. Yes, mistakes will happen, but some great things will as well. The staff overhaul was impressive and future HC Mike Hart deserves a lot of credit for this running game.

Nebraska played a pretty damn good game. The usual penalties hurt, and the kicking game did as well. The defense made plays throughout and once my bet was officially toast I started rooting for Big Red. Pretty even box except for the crazy interception. I guess we know wonder if they can build on this...?

Ohio State obviously has some internal issues going on that need to be straightened out. I am sure they will start peaking by the end of October... they have a few easy ones beforehand along with a bye... should be enough time... Tulsa game was obviously alarming...

Typical Iowa ho hum game vs OOC after a big game... we've seen so many of these over the years...

The Indiana game was quite something. The Hoosiers defense came to play but mistakes did them in eventually. They have had to play two very physical games early on...I think this will harden them for later in the year and they will be a tough out once we get to the latter stages of the year...

I honestly saw very little of Purdue and the Irish...I know there was a bad call in the 4th...still looking back at this one...

Nice win at night for PSU. I thought Clifford was excellent in this one. This is a quality win...

How bad is Colorado? Good golly Minnesota looking like the '85 Bears out there....

I'll get into MSU tomorrow... this is becoming a very interesting team...I want to look at a few more things though...I saw a good chunk of this game though...

The Duke game seemingly wouldn't end in the 4th. The Cats are bad right now, and usually they improve as the season goes on but I am quite curious about that right now...

Rutgers took care of business vs Deleware, and will face the same helmet coming up...

--------------------------------------------

Early leans.... (current lines)

Michigan -18.5
Notre Dame +5.5
Maryland over 67.5 and or TT

I liked MSU initially but not at the current #

Michigan is in a major lookahead and Rutgers is pesky as can be...but with how the defense is playing I can really see a 24 point win here...

The 6 was available for the Irish. They haven't been great, but I am not high high on the Badgers...

Mary and Kent should get wild...

-------------------------------------------------

I'll get more into this thread later, hands are getting tired...

Man, I think think ND struggles to move the ball as they can't rely on the running game like last season....and their O & D lines won't have an advantage for the 1st time this season....The Irish D ain't been stellar either....hard to lay it with the Badgers though....

I think Michigan drops Rutgers by 35+.....they finally can throw & run....and the D is improved....yes, they ain't played anyone yet

I concur, Crum and Baby Tua should be entertaining.....

Lets fire through some notes from last week... this conference is getting very interesting at this point...

I am doing boxscore capping as we go...I obviously got to see a lot of action this week as well...

Maryland offense away from home is such a stark contrast from at home. Yes they won, and any road win in conference should not be discounted but this was ugly. On the flipside, Illinois just keeps getting worse each week...

Michigan took care of business and did it in dominating fashion. They wanted to pass a bit more, and did, but that still needs some work... and will eventually hurt them down the line. Cade is capable, but more of a manager. JJ is the star of the future, but man I wouldn't mind him down the stretch a bit more. Yes, mistakes will happen, but some great things will as well. The staff overhaul was impressive and future HC Mike Hart deserves a lot of credit for this running game.

Nebraska played a pretty damn good game. The usual penalties hurt, and the kicking game did as well. The defense made plays throughout and once my bet was officially toast I started rooting for Big Red. Pretty even box except for the crazy interception. I guess we know wonder if they can build on this...?

Ohio State obviously has some internal issues going on that need to be straightened out. I am sure they will start peaking by the end of October... they have a few easy ones beforehand along with a bye... should be enough time... Tulsa game was obviously alarming...

Typical Iowa ho hum game vs OOC after a big game... we've seen so many of these over the years...

The Indiana game was quite something. The Hoosiers defense came to play but mistakes did them in eventually. They have had to play two very physical games early on...I think this will harden them for later in the year and they will be a tough out once we get to the latter stages of the year...

I honestly saw very little of Purdue and the Irish...I know there was a bad call in the 4th...still looking back at this one...

Nice win at night for PSU. I thought Clifford was excellent in this one. This is a quality win...

How bad is Colorado? Good golly Minnesota looking like the '85 Bears out there....

I'll get into MSU tomorrow... this is becoming a very interesting team...I want to look at a few more things though...I saw a good chunk of this game though...

The Duke game seemingly wouldn't end in the 4th. The Cats are bad right now, and usually they improve as the season goes on but I am quite curious about that right now...

Rutgers took care of business vs Deleware, and will face the same helmet coming up...

--------------------------------------------

Early leans.... (current lines)

Michigan -18.5
Notre Dame +5.5
Maryland over 67.5 and or TT

I liked MSU initially but not at the current #

Michigan is in a major lookahead and Rutgers is pesky as can be...but with how the defense is playing I can really see a 24 point win here...

The 6 was available for the Irish. They haven't been great, but I am not high high on the Badgers...

Mary and Kent should get wild...

-------------------------------------------------

I'll get more into this thread later, hands are getting tired...

Thoughts in a bit. En route.

Beast, been awhile since one player changed my perception of a team like he has

Not sure there is much of an update about Andrew Marty for Northwestern. Shame if he isn't able to take over the reigns after suffering, I think shoulder injury at Duke that knocked him out.

I don't think they go back to Johnson at this point. Assuming that is the case, and assuming Marty is out, looks like Hillinski will be on the field.

whats your feel on purdue this week ? 10 points feels like alot
Probably not getting involved one way or another. First glance I'd agree that 10 feels like a lot and would've felt that way the past few years expecting Illinois to have an edge in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball. However, my opinions have shifted quite a bit to the positive on Purdue's defensive front which I think can contain the one thing Illinois does "ok".

Gun to my head i'd probably lay it but don't want any part of that side either with the unknowns (honestly probably likely) of David Bell (concussion protocol) being out. Purdue likely will be down it's top RB (Horvath), top CB (Trice), and top WR (Bell). The first two were out against ND as well but a bit worried injuries might start to take more of a toll.

As mentioned I'm heavily heavily involved on Purdue O4.5 RSW so unless I see a healthy edge one way or another I'm invested enough on Purdue.

The status of David Bell remains murky.

That was the big news that Purdue coach Jeff Brohm delivered after practice on Thursday.

"Still working through concussion protocol,” said Brohm. “It’ll be a game-time decision.”

Nothing of note going into tomorrow in A2

Remember, Wisconsin is next week...

Tucker wants no more than 2500 NU fans in their. We shall see, they haven't had a sellout in a long time but obviously optimism is high.

Any reason Penn State doesn’t roll Villanova? We know Mr Peanut likes to run up the score when he can.

True, although I did read an article that Franklin thought Nova snubbed him when he came out of HS as a player. Dude has to let it go….

True, although I did read an article that Franklin thought Nova snubbed him when he came out of HS as a player. Dude has to let it go….
Well, the team doesn't care

Other than one big play they have done nothing for a quarter vs Nova

Back