B1G Title Game: Wisconsin vs Ohio State

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Lets discuss ...

6.5 and 53 currently...

There was a little push on Wisky early to get it to 5.5 I believe but it has settled down to this number...

Common Opponents:

Nebraska
Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Illinois
Iowa

Simple to me, over

But if you want a side, just wait to see if bookmakers have the stones to move it to 7. Be interesting if they do...I think it's close but over pretty much lends to tOSU blowout. Thing is I've taken Wisky tt a ton this year lol

Dome, turf...over for me. Have a feeling someone's scoring a bunch

Took Bucky +7 -120. I think they have a good shot to win outright.
I'm with you

I like Wiscayyyyyyyyyyynsin

The future is bright with that young man at QB for the OH Ten (he starting? Anyone know the deal or got the scoop?)

Basically, the over is a good bet because you are likely going to have 1 of 2 scenarios...OSU in a blowout in which case they need points/margin of victory to impress the playoff committee. No way do they button it up if they get a lead. Or tight game...where you see some back and forth and points being scored as the teams chase in 2h. OT a possibility in that scenario as well.

Only way it stays under is if it turns into a slugfest. But OSU defense hasn't really shut down any good teams this year and OSU offense has had at least 24 every game except for Ok.

Was thinking UNDER. A lot of running the ball on both sides. Punt return or Turnovers is what scares me.

Was there actually a playable open on this at 2.5? I saw 2.5, off the board, then came back on and bounced around 6,5,5.5,6 for several hours until it's current upward trajectory to 7 last night.

Was thinking UNDER. A lot of running the ball on both sides. Punt return or Turnovers is what scares me.

Play the 1H under. Wisco is 5-1 ATS as a dog under Chryst (opponents Bama, USC, LSU, Mich St, Mich, Ohio St), but the first half has gone under in all 6 of those games.

Need to know who's playing qb for OSU before feeling good about this one way or the other...

JT is enormously erratic in his production which IMO doesn't really jibe with wagering and especially wagering totals.

If Haskins were named starter I'd be curious as to how that would effect the total. That kid seems to have a very high ceiling in terms of moving that offense.

Barrett and team laid an egg at Iowa but outside of that game he's at 30 / 4 on the season. Insanely good #s.

Haskins does have the higher ceiling and looked fine on that stage in Ann Arbor but if Barrett is near ready to go I'm sure he starts. Then you've got a very capable backup ready to go in case something happens.

Seems I remember a good bit of OSU's passing success this season has been short throws to fast guys who race to the end zone. Alot of credit to what JT did in the comeback vs Penn State, but some of those guys were wide open and PSU couldn't mount a pass rush. It's just hard to say what JT is going to do. I respect him, but have just seen too much of his good numbers come against bad teams and too many of his struggles come against good teams.

We'll see what he does against a pretty salty defense this weekend.

From a mobility / running standpoint, doesn't seem like he's been the same since his late '14 ankle break. And this knee thing hasn't helped in '17.

but have just seen too much of his good numbers come against bad teams and too many of his struggles come against good teams.

This.

OSU also gets into the habit of using JT as the primary runner which is going to limit explosive plays. Haskins came in and all of a sudden the run game opened up and the rb's were able to house it. Similar to 2014 when Cardale came in and Zeke had a monster playoff run.

JT had arthroscopic surgery on Sunday. That info wasn’t originally released, but it’s public now after it leaked out. Urban was (and still is) going out of his way to tell everyone JT is playing Saturday. Urban is playing games here IMO. I don’t think it happens...I think it’s Haskins show with Burrow backing him up Saturday night....we shall see.

JT had arthroscopic surgery on Sunday. That info wasn’t originally released, but it’s public now after it leaked out. Urban was (and still is) going out of his way to tell everyone JT is playing Saturday. Urban is playing games here IMO. I don’t think it happens...I think it’s Haskins show with Burrow backing him up Saturday night....we shall see.
Interesting take there...

Haskins is better, so might as well and create a month of controversy before the bowl game.

Does the switch at QB really change the preparation for playing tOSU? Although JT has more experience, their game is very similar. The offense won't change much, if any.

DH may have better straight ahead speed than JT but no where near JTs shiftiness and all around mobility. DH had the nice run when he bailed out of the pocket against UM, but there will be few called rins if DH is at QB. They are opposites in terms of throwing into coverage. JT will take few chances (Iowa gm aside) while DH let’s it fly and fears not. Chances of int’s are way up with DH although DH is probably more accurate. DH almost can’t run the read option, where as JT runs it very well. DH has the much better arm. DH is passive and I struggle seeing him lead. JT is a very good leader. If DH is the guy, he will look for his roommate Austin Mack more, #11. He had the big 3rd &13 hookup with Mack against UM.

As a Buckeye fan, I’d rather have JT, but DH should hold his own. I think the game is a toss-up...I wouldn’t be laying pts, but you guys have forgotten more about betting than I ever knew.

Should be a good one. Maybe JT does get the call, but I don’t think he will. We shall see.

I think JT goes. I'd rather have him than DH. Haskins basically made 2 great passes and now everyone thinks he's awesome. Give me the guy about to pass Brees for most yards in Big Ten history.

Unless JT taking all the first team reps in practice is part of the smoke screen, he'll be under center to start the game Saturday.

The key to the game IMO is the Ohio State defense, esp the LB's against the misdirections on play actions and reading keys. They've been just awful in both losses, and O'Korn flat missed throws that were wide open last week. Ohio State's defense will determine the winner. If they play well, they'll win. If they don't, they won't. Wisky is a disciplined team this year, Ohio State has been anything but that. Which team shows up?

Back