B1G 2016 week 1 thread

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
What up everybody?

This thread will be for everyone who has tidbits, plays for the week, anything B1G related.

Chime in, talk shit. Whatever.

Obviously bar and myself know Michigan and Michigan State to a little lesser extent.

Welcome information from all corners. What you got for your team, etc.

Every team, anything.

Anyone have B1G pr # post it.

Thanks, and have a great profitable week. I will be posting some shit throughout.

We'll be doing this weekly. I have a hectic few months coming up so this will be where I post by B10 thoughts etc each week. Looking forward to the season. GL to all!

Anyone think the Michigan - 40 too high? Too low?

Would like some sparty, tosu, Iowa, wisky thoughts as well.

Hawaii won't score on them... maybe a fluke play or a turnover but they are not doing much and they just cannot tackle to stop a power team like Michigan. I think it might be low but I am not the type to lay 40 in a football game, particularly prior to knowing the weather.

In regards to Michigan, if they got to Iowa, MSU and TOSU and win, they deserve the playoff spot as much as anyone could.

But speaking of MSU, am I wrong to have them WAY lower than in the past few years? I see more holes on their team than in a long time.

total defense
2013 2nd
2014 8th
2015 26th

They dropped all the way to 94th in rushing offense which had been their bread and butter offensively prior to that ... had Cook to fall back on but now don't.

Just seems they are on the downtrend and Michigan is the "cool" school to go to again, not MSU so I think it rates to get worse.

Also, you getting any buzz on Illinois. It looks like they have some good pieces. Quality QB, good head coach, good assistants, good Cal transfer for the defense and maybe not that far from being a bottom bowl type team last year. Schedule sucks for them but I have a feeling they are a little better this year. Thoughts?

Good luck Hunt/BAR

Michigan need to find a replacement for Peppers he looks slow and untalented and lost out there

Ok that last part was sarcasm

Minnesota?

I saw a beaver chewing on my outhouse today and I'm leaning heavily to OSU.
Seriously, for some reason I like the 13.

That's why I got everybody in here. Mainly a discussion thread. Need guys like you two to keep it going weekly.

I have msu on the downtrend as well clown, but very hard to count out a well coached team who has completely dominated Michigan for most of the last 10 years. They seem to always exceed expectations but will be pretty green in most spots including qb. Team always gives 120% though.

Michigan is definitely the 'cool' school right now. Harbaugh seems to be in the news everyday. How that translates to the field, we will see. The recruiting has been really good this year and last.

Expect a lot of freshman to see the field this year. Big one on offense will be Chris Evans. He's been having a great camp according to blogsphere. He's a rb/wr/slot/kr and very fast.

A true frosh is expected to start on the oline which is pretty crazy considering the depth they have. Ben Bredeson.

Wilton Speight will be qb #1. He played in Minnesota and Indiana last year. Maybe a little more but I can't remember. Pocket passer but has ability to scramble.

This development has been somewhat surprising considering the transfer John O'Korn (Jok) was expected by many to be 1 with ability to run and open offense a bit. Expecting this to be a battle until big ten opener.

Peppers is pretty effing good. Defense is pretty loaded except maybe lbers. Expect it to be aggressive and attack quite a bit under Don Brown. Kind of a 4-3 style with some 4-2-5 in there. The dline will rotate a lot and goes two deep. They call the backups on d starters 1a.

Having said that...

Michigan ALWAYS has trouble defending the spread offense. I expect tosu to be gelling by November and in the thick of the race. Don't ever count out urban Meyer with a Heisman candidate at qb. They will be just fine and I honestly can't take Michigan at the shoe until they prove it. Very similar to msu, but that spread offense will be humming by then. Tosu just reloading. They'll be really good and I have them winning the B1G at this point. Iowa is a tough ass game. Msu very tough. Both probably be at night.

I don't know shit about Minnesota press tbh. Don't know much about Illinois either. Appreciate the insight into that clown, maybe they are trending up?

I say lbers weakest area with Michigan not including peppers. Expecting him to be hybrid safety/lb. Kid will be everywhere. Not expecting him to be on offense much this year. Maybe for some big games. However, if they don't have any game breakers to get in open field he might be in the mix.

TE is loaded with Butt, Bunting, true frosh Asiasi, Wheatley Jr. Wrs still Chesson, Darboh, and Perry in the slot. McDoom the frosh is first one off bench at this point. Harbaugh is not planning to redshirt any of his 6 freshman wrs.

Keep forgetting shit. My bad.

Kenny Allen should resume pk duties and most likely dipping as punter too.

Nordin is backup. True frosh who was rated 1 in the country I believe.

Minnesota?

I saw a beaver chewing on my outhouse today and I'm leaning heavily to OSU.
Seriously, for some reason I like the 13.

Claeys brought in a new OL coach this year that was supposed to coach up the "physical" aspect of that unit. They will still run spread but I would expect a more smash-mouth version when running. Claeys also more of a fan of opening it up though, whereas Kill wanted to protect the ball and work the clock which effectively put the cuffs on the QB - and probably rightfully so. Leidner is healthy after a nagging foot injury last season and says he feels great. Starting RB is hurt and Smith, who was opening day starter last year, will start week 1. Very capable guy.

I have no idea about the defensive side of the ball. Have not heard a damn thing.

Punit knows Minny. So does Marlo. Hope you both hop in weekly.

I know we have some Ohio state guys. Look forward to their thoughts.

Tee knows Iowa pretty good.

Fondy with Wisconsin.

Everyone, feel free to post plays in here if you want. This isn't a hunt/bar picks thread. We just figured to start a weekly discussion thread and will definitely put B1G picks in these threads if we like any.

I was on Hawaii vs Cal......but heavy lean to Michigan -41 vs the 'bows.

I can see Michigan dominating in EVERY facet of the game. I think we'll see 2+ turnovers from Hawaii and 4+ 3 and outs from their offense. Hawaii should wear down and before you know it they'll be down 50

Also, backup QB if put in late is no slouch either.

Hawaii won't score on them... maybe a fluke play or a turnover but they are not doing much and they just cannot tackle to stop a power team like Michigan. I think it might be low but I am not the type to lay 40 in a football game, particularly prior to knowing the weather.

In regards to Michigan, if they got to Iowa, MSU and TOSU and win, they deserve the playoff spot as much as anyone could.

But speaking of MSU, am I wrong to have them WAY lower than in the past few years? I see more holes on their team than in a long time.

total defense
2013 2nd
2014 8th
2015 26th

They dropped all the way to 94th in rushing offense which had been their bread and butter offensively prior to that ... had Cook to fall back on but now don't.

Just seems they are on the downtrend and Michigan is the "cool" school to go to again, not MSU so I think it rates to get worse.

Also, you getting any buzz on Illinois. It looks like they have some good pieces. Quality QB, good head coach, good assistants, good Cal transfer for the defense and maybe not that far from being a bottom bowl type team last year. Schedule sucks for them but I have a feeling they are a little better this year. Thoughts?

Good luck Hunt/BAR

Michigan need to find a replacement for Peppers he looks slow and untalented and lost out there

depending on what happens elsewhere, maybe

i been on record saying these guys will be real good real soon.....just not yet. jimmy got it going on for sure

but that schedule sucks clown. and everyone knows it.

I am chiming some Hunt and don't want to derail, but it was funny....PAwwwwwwl, got into it with a caller the other day.....funny

total defense
2013 2nd
2014 8th
2015 26th

Good luck Hunt/BAR

I also just have to hear BAR say at LEAST once "so Hunt and I were texting during the game..."

Punit knows Minny. So does Marlo. Hope you both hop in weekly.

I know we have some Ohio state guys. Look forward to their thoughts.

Tee knows Iowa pretty good.

Fondy with Wisconsin.

Everyone, feel free to post plays in here if you want. This isn't a hunt/bar picks thread. We just figured to start a weekly discussion thread and will definitely put B1G picks in these threads if we like any.
:shake2:
good shit bro

Ha we text a bunch during Michigan games. Yearly tradition.

Paul absolutely despises Harbaugh. I guess haters gonna hate. Harbaugh doesn't give a fuck. Nether does Urban. It's what I love about both.

Michigan schedule imo is friendly front loaded. Tough in back half. They historically struggle at all three road venues and is a big reason the athletic director ward Manuel wants to always have 1 of tosu/msu home each year. Not do both on road.

Anybody want to speculate a total for Iowa/Iowa State week 2? I'm hoping we see some points in both teams games this week and get an inflated total and wouldnt mind Iowa crushing MOH

hearing pretty good things about neb defense. back 7 is solid, though Gerry is suspended week 1. LB was a real weakness going into last year. It prob is their deepest position now. Should be much better at CB this year, which was a giant problem the first half of last year. They're going to have to blitz to get pressure and the defensive playbook is much bigger this year than it was last year. Still not sold on the DC, but we'll see.

on offense, it appears to be the same armstrong in the passing game. there does seem to be more of an effort to let him run, which he is quite good at and to give him run/pass options outside the pocket. we'll see if they actually stick with it, as they said similar shit last year and then did not run him much at all. Should be really good at WR/TE - I would put ours against anyone in the conference. Last week or so they've said Pierson El has returned to 2014 form. When you can run him, Westerkamp, Reilly, Morgan, and Carter out there, you're going to create some serious matchup problems for the defense. Can Armstrong deliver the ball? Some of the time, he will. Some other times, he will throw it right to the other team.

Solid RB, nothing spectacular there. They're going to play a true frosh as the #4 guy there and have him return kicks.

OL is a ?, esp with the season ending injury to Foster. He was their best run blocker by far. Now they're def weaker in the middle of that line. Tackles should be quite good from what i'm hearing, so I'd expect us to be pretty decent in pass blocking and struggle to run the ball up the middle against anyone with decent DTs.

The loss of Sam Foltz is a big one. All-American type punter, holder on FGs. Now we have a freshman doing the punting, so that's going to be a dropoff. FGs will be interesting. Former QB turned WR now the holder, so fakes will def be a possibility.

If the defense actually is legit better, they should cover 4 TDs wk 1. If not, they won't and it will be a year quite similar to last year with most games going to the wire.

Thanks coin. Probably. I just can't do it man. It's like sticking your dick in a fat chick. U unsure of what kind of cavern you're entering.

Awesome cub. Thanks so much.

Thanks steed. Ggf.

Great stuff everybody. Keep this bitch rolling like a 500 Benz

Great stuff so far from everyone. I think this can be a great weekly thread like SEC/GPS one. In todays internet world it seems to be all about posting picks here or twitter/verse but let get back to sharing information to help each other.

Imma ramble off some quick UM thoughts, Hunt covered a lot.

-10 freshman in 2 deep, per Harbaugh

-As stated, Speight is starting unless there is a giant curveball. I personally hope that during this easy schedule(twinkie) that they both play and are ready for conference season. Speight seems to be a better game manager and O'Korn obviously has more talent but is more prone to mistakes. I really like O'Korn ability to run though.

-Don't look at the last 5-6 weeks of last season. The injuries hurt that DL a lot.

-I personally expect the LB's to be better. Honestly it is somewhat addition by subtraction.

-I would think this defensive group creates a lot more turnovers this year.

-WR group is loaded. The TE group is so deep it is scary. I can't wait to see that first funky ass formation with a bunch of TE's.

-I think with two years in same system, the OL will be solid. I am not saying great, but very solid. They seemed to really gel by bowl game last year. Those extra December practices helped a lot, imo.

-As Hunt alluded too, excited for Kid N Play Chris Evans. It will be nice to have that kind of weapon on offense if all the reports are true.

Okay, more later...

And BTW Twinkie...

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 3[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Wisconsin Badgers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 10[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Jacksonville State Gamecocks [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"] [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Mississippi State Bulldogs [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Auburn Tigers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]1:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 1[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Missouri Tigers [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]1:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Florida Gators [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]12:00 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Southern Miss Golden Eagles [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 22[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Mississippi Rebels [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Alabama Crimson Tide [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Arkansas Razorbacks [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 19[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]South Alabama Jaguars [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Texas A&M Aggies [/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

1. Common Opponent

2. LOL

3. Eh

4. Dumpster Fire

5. Hot Garbage

6. I would hope you pummel that team.

7. That's another cute OOC game

8. Lost a lot. 7-8 win team tops

9. Ok, your OSU here...

10. This is basically like our night game at Kinnick

11. $EC special Nov exhibition

12. Another dumpster fire. Another say 7-8 win team.

You have tough road games at Florida and Arkansas and obv Bama at home.

Michigan plays the three best teams from the B1G last year all on the road.

It is just funny you laugh at our schedule. It is obviously easy early but you need to take a peak at yours and get some perspective bud.

Good stuff brother.

Its fun to bag on B1G schedules. People been doing it for years. Msu, Iowa, tosu have all gotten shit for their good runs too.

Torrance Gibson gone this year for OSU...harrassing a tutor? guess that is the rumor.

AD and Bucks staff upset, the school actually did this one.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 3[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Wisconsin Badgers[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]3:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 10[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Jacksonville State Gamecocks[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padCenter, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm padLeft"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 17[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Mississippi State Bulldogs[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:00 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Sep 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Auburn Tigers[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]1:00 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 1[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Missouri Tigers[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]1:00 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 8[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Florida Gators[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]12:00 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 15[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Southern Miss Golden Eagles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Oct 22[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Mississippi Rebels[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 5[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]Alabama Crimson Tide[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 12[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Arkansas Razorbacks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 19[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]South Alabama Jaguars[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]Nov 24[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 headerTextNorm padLeft"]@ Texas A&M Aggies[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellBorderL1 cellTextNorm padLeft"]7:30 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

1. Common Opponent

2. LOL

3. Eh

4. Dumpster Fire

5. Hot Garbage

6. I would hope you pummel that team.

7. That's another cute OOC game

8. Lost a lot. 7-8 win team tops

9. Ok, your OSU here...

10. This is basically like our night game at Kinnick

11. $EC special Nov exhibition

12. Another dumpster fire. Another say 7-8 win team.

You have tough road games at Florida and Arkansas and obv Bama at home.

Michigan plays the three best teams from the B1G last year all on the road.

It is just funny you laugh at our schedule. It is obviously easy early but you need to take a peak at yours and get some perspective bud.

BAR

You would not find ONE human on the planet that says they are even close to the same and you know it.

We can let it go after this, but it ain't just me laughing at the schedule......and you know it.

And trust me, I aint touting the bottom of the SEC. But please. Look at the rest of the conferences opening weekend.

the late November thing, whatever

next year yall play FLA to open...NICE

just admit this year, it is awful:shake2:

You really need to get those blinders off bud...

I never said UM schedule tough...although 3 top teams ON THE ROAD.

LSU schedule is pretty weak.

At Florida, Bama at home and I'll give ya Arky...

That is literally your entire schedule of close to tough...

Ole Pi$$ and ATM are just reputation now...they had their few years...hova...

You really need to get those blinders off bud...

I never said UM schedule tough...although 3 top teams ON THE ROAD.

LSU schedule is pretty weak.

BAR, even if I had blinders ON......national radio EVERYWHERE has blasted UM schedule. 40 point faves vs the Bows(at home), UCF didnt win a game last year(at home), Colorado hasn't been to a bowl in a decade(at home)

you cannot be serious

BAR, even if I had blinders ON......national radio EVERYWHERE has blasted UM schedule. 40 point faves vs the Bows(at home), UCF didnt win a game last year(at home), Colorado hasn't been to a bowl in a decade(at home)

you cannot be serious

elephant ears? Finebaum is just BRUTAL in general.

I am not saying the schedule is tough...obv playing three good teams on road makes up for having a 'preseason' but compared to LSU...very similar.

HUNT my man what's happening my brother have a great year yeah Nevada is not dumb they know how good U of M will be making U of M 1 of the fav to win it all i'm not sure but 6-1 or 8-1 to win it all last year U of M was 100-1. anything can happen but U of M will be 6-0 going into playing MSU and MSU is like 40-1 to win it all that alone tell's you everything you need to know+ MSU lost everybody to the Draft O/U on MSU is 8 this team will have a real bad season . but giving any team +40 is crazy U of M is not a team that blows out team's just win baby just win bol this year:cheers3:

elephant ears? Finebaum is just BRUTAL in general.

I am not saying the schedule is tough...obv playing three good teams on road makes up for having a 'preseason' but compared to LSU...very similar.

besides finebaum

Buckeye thoughts:

Why the fuck is Gibson taking upskirt tutor pics? Seriously, dude, you got tail lined up around the block in Columbus and do that. Too bad, he was gonna be a good one.

JT is about the only thing we can count on offensively at least early in the year. But it will be addition by subtraction without Cardale's big goofy ass in the mix. I think JT will have a very nice year if you look back at his run in 2014 you saw a very efficient QB and I would expect a similar run this year.

OL returns only two I think and is starting a true frosh at OG Michael Jordan. First true frosh to start first game for O State since a guy named Orlando Pace. Maybe he's a beast or maybe our line isn't that great. They will need some time to jell I'm sure. Meyer said he thought the twos on OL were weak so generally I think this unit is a big ? mark.

Backs should be good with Samuels, Dontre Wilson and Weber getting the touches. Weber should be the bell cow eventually, but I think Samuels will be getting a lot of touches in the short passing game. Dontre will do his usual jet sweep/edge work. He was really hampered by injuries last year but when healthy is absolutely electric. He's s senior and kind of underachieved and wouldn't be surprised to see a big year out of him as the window is closing. Weber is the one that is supposed to take over for EZ but I kind of think we see a committee approach.

WR has a bunch of unproven talent but these guys are all VHT in Phil Steele speak. JT is more of a short, middle range passer so as long as guys are running decent routes I think we will be fine.

Defensive line won't miss a beat I think with Tyquan and Sam Hubbard as the bookends. Hubbard got a ton of snaps last year and did very well. We got little Bosa as well I would think he sees the field but who knows. OSU to me is almost like a Bama on the D Line anymore, deep and strong.

LB--Raekwon only has 422 tackles last year so I think he'll be decent. Breaking in two new guys with him so misdirection stuff will be there early. I would expect BG/Tulsa to move the pocket on rollouts and maybe do some throwbacks to get the new kids biting.

I think the shakiest part of the D will be the back end especially the new safeties. They will be taking some bad angles early in the year...I do think the DL will help in that QBs will be running for their life.

All in all, I think OL and DBs are the weak units. Only early worry is Oklahoma, of course. Not sure if OSU is ready to score with them because i look for them to put some points on the Bucks.

Last edited:
Hey hunt- try to get my buy/sell power rankings in here tommorow. Hope your are well brother.

minny is top of my buy list btw. Indy also buy. Confident both are +money ATS on year.

Iowa's defense will be as good as advertised perhaps much better. The name is "the outlaw" josey Jewell. Bigger , faster , stronger version of last years team MVP. (King wasn't my MVP) Look a lot at Kirk ferentz unders. When he has elite defense, and does, he always plays to the under. New Kirk reverts back to old Kirk IMO and those who follow his long track record know what I mean. Very weak big ten west plays perfectly here IMO

cant wait to see big ten championship game. Mich -5.5.. Laying SGU ML top fucking unit

Also, if you can find decent vig on Iowa over 8.5 wins, I'd 6 unit it. Most who follow know I make as much or more fading Iowa as I do playing them. Stalking under Saturday. Gl

Iowa defense gonna be sick and agree, think Ferentz plays to that all season

In other B1G news...

Barstool Sports ‏<s>@</s>barstoolsports <small class="time"> 37m37 minutes ago </small>
Penn State to honor Joe Paterno before Temple gamepic.twitter.com/ISE5tCElXO

CrS19rEWIAUYM-1.jpg

Should be fun. Everyone loves to bag on Ohio state and now Michigan. I like being hated nationally again.

Should have fumbled forward into the endzone and recovered it against app st instead of trying the fg.

Back