B(C)S Standings--What a Fuckin Joke!

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
View attachment 627

How the fuck is a struggling and idle Louisville going to jump Texas?

Good news is that USC is still ahead of Cal. Cal is going to mudstomp those Trojans.

And how is Cal in front of Tennessee?

I can understand Florida being ranked ahead of Auburn but to most people it probably shouldn't make sense since Auburn beat them.

Ohio State

Michigan

West Virginia

Florida

Louisville

Auburn

Texas

Southern California

Notre Dame

California

Tennessee

Yea i was gonna go crazy when i saw people posting cal ahead of tenn in their rankings
Who has cal beaten this year?
USC still has a chance to get in ..in my books just beat cal oregon nd and ucla :)

Act cal does have some nice wins.. I was wrong. I was thinkin about the minny and portland st game.

I'll hold off on my judgment on those two teams til Thursday, haha...

If Louisville line goes up much more, I might have to bite on WVU. I've been saying all year that Louisville would beat WVU, but Brohm still doesn't look quite right to me, and WVU has looked good against everybody...

They will be a great dog maybe to cover the spread of 14 If Ohio St played them. But it will be a crime to line up WVU or UL against the athletes at Ohio ST.

I mean WVU and Ul dont have any nfl talent. They will get demolished in a game like that.

abcs said:
They will be a great dog maybe to cover the spread of 14 If Ohio St played them. But it will be a crime to line up WVU or UL against the athletes at Ohio ST.

I mean WVU and Ul dont have any nfl talent. They will get demolished in a game like that.

No NFL talent? Brohm for one, Bush for another, Slatton for another, White for another.

Pretty ignorant/inflamatory statement there, ABCs.

I agree both are overrated, but that statement was 150% wrong.

RJ i realize they have nfl players. I know Brohm . Trust me. I know he is prob the best qb prospect in college football.. But what about the other guys. What about the depth. Teams like Tenn FL Ohio ST Michigan USC have 15 to 25 guys who will play in the league UL might have 3 to 5.. over 48 minutes that will show

abcs said:
RJ i realize they have nfl players. I know Brohm . Trust me. I know he is prob the best qb prospect in college football.. But what about the other guys. What about the depth. Teams like Tenn FL Ohio ST Michigan USC have 15 to 25 guys who will play in the league UL might have 3 to 5.. over 48 minutes that will show

I think that's what we all thought about WVU before they demolished UGA in the Sugar Bowl.

I think we werent ready for that game. Nor were we that interested. Check the motivation in that one. That was the third time we had played in atlanta in 3 games. We could have care less about it. Although we were demolished in the first half. we only lost by 3..

Putting Ohio ST vs WVU would be like the miami ohio st game.. i would expect that kind of spread. Yea they pulled the upset.. but they can thank a knee injury and a bad call by the ref on that one.

if you can't get up for the sugar bowl a bcs game then you shouldn't be on the fucking field or playing football. tOSU would matchup more even than you think against the 2 big east opponents. lets wait until one of them plays the buckeyes first before we debate that we will have a full month for that in december

abcs said:

I'm quite positive Quinn will be the first QB taken, if not #1 overall.

Louisville hasnt lost and they have tough games comming up, lets not put them behind a team who lost at home to a team worthy of a national championship in tOSU and then pulled out miracles on the road at Neb and TT. I think the ville would have handled both those teams easier. You cant take it away from someone yet... when UL beats WVU handily they should be 3 hands down.

quinn is overrated and i think brohm is as well. ive never been that impressed by him. just becuase his last name is brohm and his brother played in the nfl he gets all this attention, big fuckin deal. louisville was a much better team with stefan leflors at qb.

in regards to texas, they can thank their non conference schedule and the weakness of the big12 for their bcs ranking

Toronto_Mike said:
ummm didn't Cal get creamed at Knoxville :smiley_acbe:

yet they are ahead of the Vols. Unreal

People read way too much into openers in my opinion. Play that game today and Cal wins SU.

Adam--Don't be angry because an unranked Oregon State team crapped in your BCS cheerios.

We hear the same crap year in and year out about the weak Big XII (I think from you each year, too) and then they go and have winning records against opposing conferences in the bowls.

And Big XII did very well against your Pac-10 last year.

Texas over USC
Oklahoma over Oregon

As for weak non-conf, I have to agree. I don't schedule it. If I had my druthers, I would keep one or two patsies and beef up the non-conf. Which I think will show next year with the additions of UCF and TCU to the non-conf. UCF should be improved and TCU will treat it like a Superbowl.

SoonerBS said:
People read way too much into openers in my opinion. Play that game today and Cal wins SU.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe if the game was at a neutral stadium.

SoonerBS said:

Agree, Sooner.

It really depends what you what the poll to reflect--past history, current record, or current strength.

Take Cal. If it is past history, it must be ranked behind Tenn. If it is current record, it must be ranked along with the 1 loss teams. If it is current strength, then Cal might be a top 5 team.

Take L-ville. Past history and current record has it high. But current strength? L-ville would lose to much of the top 10 if they played on a neutral field this week.

Then there's Notre Dame. No fuckin way does that team belong in the top 10.

rj, the big 12 sucks this year. i dont know why u bring up the pac10, but the big 12 is bad. its texas and then alot of mediocre teams.

btw, oregon beat oklahoma this year, and an unimpressive usc team killed nebraska

at least we agree that notre dame sux. and louisville pisses me off this year. texas really needs to stop scheduling more than 2 high school teams. 1 sun belt team per year is fine, but when u got n texas, rice and sam houston st on ur schedule, u cant complain about ur rankings. beating those teams means nothing

Adam--Not true.

Texas is still the class of the Big XII until beaten. But OU is surprisingly good considering the loss of their starting QB and AD. A&M is also a surprise, only a one loss team. They are kinda like this year's UCLA winning alot of close games. Mizzou will also surprise an opponent in the bowl. Nebraska is about 1 year away from being solid--all they need is more time and new coaching. They will have a good shot to beat USC next year at home. Oklahoma St is coming up and may shock Texas this week. Baylor is also alot better than expected and will be very good next year in the 2nd year of their TT offense. TT is better than they were earlier in the year, Harrell is an amazing QB.

the same could be said about the pac 10 than.

usc and cal are both top 10 teams(cal is the best pac10 team right now imo).
oregon is still a very solid team.
oregon st and wash st are both playing very well, and better than expected.

My favorite time of the year of comparing who's dick is bigger then who's.

adam, I would'nt pump the Oregon beat OU comment too much. That was the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen in any sport the way they were robbed.

I haven't been impressed with Louisville at all. I think WVU is legit though. If they play tOSU that will be a good game because tOSU can be run on.

The SEC doesn't have anyone with an offense that would scare me except for Tennessee.

tOSU IMO is heads and shoulders better then anyone and will win it all this year. Troy Smith with 22 TDs and 2 picks. Sick.

And yes I agree the Big 12 blows but to say Texas doesn't schedule tough non conference opponents ummm...dude they had tOSU on their schedule they just happended to lose.

And Texas will continue to mve up the polls. They still have an Aggie team that might be 10-1 when its all said and done and 10-2 Mizzu team in the Big 12 title game. OU will finish with probably a 9-3 record and Nebraska should have 8-9 wins as well.

Texas is projected to have the 6th toughest schedule in the nation according to the BCS when the season finishes out.

Only teams I worried about for Texas is Florida, WVU/Louisville winner, and Michigan who needs to get creamed by tOSU to have them fall farther in the human polls.

mwwebb,

if they both are a joke the game won't determine who's real are not but will be good to watch. I would take almost any of the teams below them SU anyday.+

Back