Australia vs New Zealand - Player Prop

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Gilchrist vs Hayden

Gilchrist to score the most runs.

Gilchrist
Started off this series scoring 60 (vs ENG) & 61 (vs NZL) to get Aussie off to their flying start with 2 crushing victories. Since then has scored 47 runs in 5 innings, at an average of 9.4 runs, climaxing in going out for a duck in his last at-bat - for a guy of this quality, thats one extended lean patch.

Hayden
Has only failed to reach at least 19 runs once in this series, and has scored 117 (vs NZL) & 51 (vs ENG) in his last 2 innings. Unlike England, New Zealand has dismissed him for a score below 10 runs (a duck) in this series.

At TAB, Gilchrist has been the favourite in every head to head match-up between these 2 in this series, until now. Hayden's impressive form over his last couple of knocks combined with Gilly's extended bad patch have finally seen them switch their odds around so that Gilly is now the underdog. I think heres where Murphy's law steps in. Australia coming off a rare loss combined with his bad run should spark some measure of intent for Gilly's knock today, while Hayden will surely be subject to a touch of satisfaction. With England winning a couple of days back, I'm expecting New Zealand to provide a sterner test in the field today than what they did at Perth hence I'd expect an early wicket or 2 from them when they field - given my take on where both of these openers are at, I'd expect that wicket to be Hayden before Gilly.

Australia will be batting 2nd - Gilchrist averages over 10 runs more when Aussie bats 2nd in ODI's as opposed to when they bat 1st.

Last edited:
After 22 overs, NZ are 1/111

Still paying $2.50. Given the way Oram has been striking the ball, this price is bordering on the farcical given also historically the MCG pitch slows as the evening progresses making any chase above 250+ extremely difficult.

Just took it now, hoping NZ can score 270+ at which point this automatically becomes a evens game with ample opportunity to lock in a risk free profit.

So over to the kiwis now....

Well worst fear has come true, NZ lose the plot during the middle overs

Currently 5/236 after 45 overs

To make matters worse they are now paying $2.60 which is more then the price I got them for :spank:

Well NZ end up on 7/290 after 50 overs brilliant last 5 overs by them and was hoping for a total around that when I placed my wager.

Australia will need to set a new MCG record chase to win this game - they are still paying $1.70 for the win though.

A couple of early wickets would be ideal

So long as one of those early ones isnt Gilly, Aussie can lose 5 of them before 10 overs is up as far as Im concerned
icon10.gif

Seriously, with Hayden in form, it wouldnt suprise me if he said to Gilly *leave the early risk hitting up to me while you set yourself a platform*. Because at least 1 of these 2 have to take risks from the beginning, which puts this prop on a knife edge.

Ominous start for Gilly - 4 of the 2nd ball.

----------------------------------------------------

LOL - get some Z's, Mike

----------------------------------------------------

Great. Hayden's taken more balls to score putting pressure on the run rate, and Gilchrist has to take it upon himself to make up for that, and he goes out.

Gilly 29

Hayden's on 25.

3 runs to play.:hairout:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HELL YES

HAYDEN GONE FOR 28

WHAT A WIN

Last edited:
give me some of that pavlova, weu know what is fucked, when i wasa s kid i alwasy thourgh that kiwi fruit came out of as a kiwi bird. So fucked. you kiwis'are fcunnny bunch, weant to ride that damn ball down the hill looks like fun. goodl uck bc

Australia currently 2/76 after 15 overs

Dead evens in the market, a wicket here preferrably Ponting will trigger the market to move NZ into favourtism at which point I'll get out of this game.

Just need to get that wicket now

give me some of that pavlova, weu know what is fucked, when i wasa s kid i alwasy thourgh that kiwi fruit came out of as a kiwi bird. So fucked. you kiwis'are fcunnny bunch, weant to ride that damn ball down the hill looks like fun. goodl uck bc

WTF T-Mike :smiley_acbe:

How many beverages have you had tonight? :cheers:

Clarke out, and that does it in terms of the market movement

Australia 3/124 after 26 overs.

Personally I don't see Australia winning from here but given they are currently paying $2.70 for the win I'll just lock in the free money and run.

If Symonds was playing I would still have Australia as slight favourites even though they require 8 an over for 17 overs - I think they may miss his hitting power at the end of the innings

Back