Aussie Rules Football kicks off tonight!!

jedi ninja

Larry the liberal
The AFL has decided to go ahead with the season, albeit without fans for now, and it kicks off tonight at 4:30am ET. This is the chance for y'all to get into the AFL since there's really nothing else going on. For anyone who has never watched, it's a cross between football, rugby, soccer, and handball...and it's awesome! The action is non-stop, there's tons of guys on the field, lots of big hits and virtually everyone can kick the ball like the best punter the NFL has ever seen.

Tonight, the defending champs, the Richmond Tigers are 24 point favorites over the Carlton Blues. The total is set at 169.5.

I'll post some articles or anything else I think may be interesting related to either the game tonight, or just the sport itself. Any of our resident Aussies are certainly welcome to jump in and impart your knowledge on us. I got hooked while on my honeymoon back in 2009, but I definitely won't know as much as an Aussie.

Here's what one article says about that...

Games will be shortened to 16 minutes plus time on giving the AFL room to push more games into a smaller window at the start of the season, while the AFLW fixture to progress directly to the finals series and forgo the final two rounds of the regular season.

It would seem they meant to say "quarters will be shortened to 16 minutes plus mystery time."

I do wonder if that has already been impacted in the total. I'm not sure it has, as that total of 169.5 was what it was a few days ago when I first saw a line.

Just bet tonight and tomorrow's games under based on the fact that maybe they haven't been adjusted after the announcement they will be shortening the quarters by 4 minutes. If 20% of the game is being cut, the totals should adjust a shit ton and maybe open up a middle opportunity. If not, can always buy off before game time.

BAR you may have just shared one of the best tips of all time. It’s defintiely your best AFL tip ever. Now how many guys can actually get money down on the AFL?

In 2019 only 8 of Richmond’s 25 games went over a total of 169.5, so it would seem that the total hasn’t been altered yet for the shorter quarters. And for Carlton, 9 of their 22 games would have gone over a total of 169.5.

With 20% of the game being cut short, that total should probably be closer to 145-150 if I’m thinking this through correctly.

Last edited:
Just bet tonight and tomorrow's games under based on the fact that maybe they haven't been adjusted after the announcement they will be shortening the quarters by 4 minutes. If 20% of the game is being cut, the totals should adjust a shit ton and maybe open up a middle opportunity. If not, can always buy off before game time.

BAR you may have just shared one of the best tips of all time. It’s defintiely your best AFL tip ever. Now how many guys can actually get money down on the AFL?
I saw a tweet this morning that was mocking them for shaving 4 minutes off to help with the virus. Hilarious replies.

I saw a tweet this morning that was mocking them for shaving 4 minutes off to help with the virus. Hilarious replies.

Ahhh. I've deleted FB and haven't been on Twitter since this whole coronavirus thing took off. I can't do it anymore with the stupidity, fake news, and BS anymore. I've gotten all of my info from the thread on here, and have then clicked on some of the twitter posts and read a little bit on those posts. I'll have to jump on twitter for some AFL info though.

Ahhh. I've deleted FB and haven't been on Twitter since this whole coronavirus thing took off. I can't do it anymore with the stupidity, fake news, and BS anymore. I've gotten all of my info from the thread on here, and have then clicked on some of the twitter posts and read a little bit on those posts. I'll have to jump on twitter for some AFL info though.
Oh, I understand that totally. I muted a lot of words on Twitter in order to just get my sports news etc.

Oh, I understand that totally. I muted a lot of words on Twitter in order to just get my sports news etc.

CTG is my place for all of that now. We've always seemed to do a good job of getting the pertinent information out there without it being clouded by much. There are obviously exceptions, but I really feel like CTG has always done a great job of getting out the facts and real info needed in most situations.

CTG is my place for all of that now. We've always seemed to do a good job of getting the pertinent information out there without it being clouded by much. There are obviously exceptions, but I really feel like CTG has always done a great job of getting out the facts and real info needed in most situations.
I agree on that. The thread has been pretty damn good so far.. it is just like with the capping..we seem to weed out the crap(so to speak).

I followed it a lot a few years ago and did well, manuk was great for it

Always watch the grand final

It Is a ton of fun

I'm back in

Just read a DraftKings preview article about the game tonight and they have the total at 139.5. That’s a 30 pt difference from what it was, but my book still hasn’t moved the number.

Totals now off the board at my book. Hoping they come out with adjusted totals for a huge middle opportunity.

This used to be on fox sports about 20 years ago during the afternoon

NULK3hV.gif

Back