Aussie Open

Querrey winner
Spadea loser.

Will keep track of the Aussie Open separate.

Adding Russel +7.5 vs. Blake -115

AO 1-1 +2.46

Looking hard at Kohl to beat Roddick.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

This is a repeat of the 2005 4th round tie which Roddick won in straight sets. Kohlschreiber has improved considerably since then and I suppose it would be fair to say Roddick has barely maintained his level since then. Roddick has hardly been troubled in two outongs to date in fact the big Serving American has won the last fifteen sets of tennis he has played.

Obviously you can't just take away one of a players components but like a number of other players without that monstrous serve, Roddick would not be certain to make the top 100. As I have stated in the past the rest of the Roddick game is ordinary.

He does have a big forehand and once the ball is in play that is his only real weapon. The task for Kohlschreiber and obviously it is a tough one, is can you get enough of the Roddick serves back in play. The German certainly isn't in the Davydenko or Ferrer class as a returner, but he will need to pressurise the Roddick second delivery if he can and win a fair percentage of those points to cause an upset.

It isn't beyond Kohlschreiber as he has improved so much recently but it is still a tall order. I've got a suspicion Roddick is going to be pushed hard here and the Aussie fans have certainly got behind the German in his matches so far.

Aussies love Kohl. They will be cheering for him and he has been playing decently. There hasn't been many large live dogs coming through in the AO yet so I expect a couple upsets to happen sooner or later but I believe Andy is too locked into his game to loose to Kohl. It all depends on Andy's serving and if he gets into some longer points Kohl definitely has a chance to sneak a couple sets in. GL

KOhl has been in good form recently. I just think there is value on Kohl at 450+. He is gaining momentum and the crowd should be on his side.

Nieminen :cheers:

Roddick is looking like shit out there. If I had a better return, Id kick his ass.

4-3 +3.56

should learn to trust myself.

Over hits

Kohl wins, but didnt play it.

Last edited:
Parlay

Fed/Berdych/Gonzo/Djokovic/Li

D.Ferrer not to win 3-0 +217
Spadea will make him work here (hopefully)

Superb choke in effect.

Grosjean up 2-0 and is one the verge of dropping the next 3 sets. I hope he retires.

Grosjean with the choke of the tourney so far.

Fed. is on the ropes against Tipsy as I write. Love the AO.

Berdych 3-0 +151
Li 2-0 -113

AO 4-5 +1.56

leaning Hewitt and Mirza for later.

Hewitt +139
Mirza +534

anyone think Ruano has a chance?

The 4th round could best be described as "woof" "woof".

I'm shocked by Blake's play right now. His form is strong.

Good luck with the Feds outright. If I could have gotten those odds from the onset they would have been very hard to pass up.

took it on value alone.

Blake has been awesome this week. THe match against Grosjean saw a different Blake. I thought there might be a let down here. Would have taken Blake prop bet if he was on the other side of the draw.

since your still here, anything for Ferrero, Ferrer?

I like Over 39.5 games

4 sets seems about right. Maybe 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, 7-5

Been trying to find a spot to fade Ferrer.

I thought Spadea would, but that didnt happen. Ferrer is steamrolling through everyone.

Been trying to find a spot to fade Ferrer.

I thought Spadea would, but that didnt happen. Ferrer is steamrolling through everyone.

true, but I'm not about to say del Potro or Spadea were worthy opponents.

Ferrer is going to be the end of me.

Ferrero +4.5 -120
Ferrero +168
Over 39.5 -114

I dont think there a big difference between the 2 on hard. Ferrero had much tougher competition. Ferrer hasnt been threatened in any match do far.

no idea how this tourney has been going really. does Canada really care about tennis these days or is it really just bad timing because

1. Leafs are so bad the media has to cover them even when they don't play
2. NFL Playoffs
3. Raptors are playing pretty good.

Maybe that is why we aren't getting good enough coverage here.

Oh did JCF upset Ferrer?

You liking sharapova today?
Pova is worth a shot tonight IMO. She's been rock solid so far. Then again, I haven't been very successful so far this tourney cuz favs have been covering everything, so Pova will probably get toasted... :36_11_6:

Gotta agree, the dogs are whimpering. POva has looked better than Henin so far, but Henin much like Fed is a champion.

I can see Henin 2-0, something like 7-6 6-4

Nadal/Niem U32.5

winner

Took Henin +141 AO winner.

I think Henin wins, but am not laying chalk and the line smells.

Fed/Blake.

Anyone care to explain why the spread is +7.5? Blake is playing excellent tennis, while Federer has looked normal. I smell a Federer rout here.

doubled up on the Novak play. Inching closer to even with Fed. tourney prop left.

taking Blake +1240 (hedge for parlay and prop).

Adding Blake +7.5 +102

Blake is playing as well as anyone. Fed will hopefully coast and overlook Blake in the hopes of meeting Nadal in the finals. (IMO Fed still wins 3-0 though)

Back