Aussie Open Futures

t-dot

Pretty much a regular
<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="AlternatingData2"><td nowrap="nowrap" width="100">02:00 AM</td> <td>601 R. Federer</td> <td> -165</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio00" value="riskType" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio00" value="toWinType" checked="checked" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P0" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>602 N. Djokovic</td> <td> +1021</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio01" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio01" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P1" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>603 R. Nadal</td> <td> +850</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio02" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio02" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P2" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>604 D. Nalbandian</td> <td> +997</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio03" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio03" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P3" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>605 A. Murray</td> <td> +2618</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio04" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio04" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P4" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>606 A. Roddick</td> <td> +2720</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio05" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio05" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P5" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>607 M. Baghdatis</td> <td> +5371</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio06" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio06" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P6" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>608 L. Hewitt</td> <td> +5950</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio07" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio07" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P7" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>609 N. Davydenko</td> <td> +7258</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio08" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio08" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P8" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>610 F. Gonzalez</td> <td> +9173</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio09" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio09" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P9" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>611 R. Gasquet</td> <td> +9173</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio010" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio010" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P10" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>612 D. Ferrer</td> <td> +2959</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio011" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio011" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P11" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>613 M. Ancic</td> <td> +12236</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio012" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio012" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P12" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>614 T. Berdych</td> <td> +12603</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio013" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio013" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P13" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>615 J. Blake</td> <td> +13328</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio014" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio014" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P14" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>616 T. Haas</td> <td> +15000</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio015" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio015" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P15" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>617 G. Canas</td> <td> +15000</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio016" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio016" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P16" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>618 M. Youzhny</td> <td> +15000</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio017" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio017" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P17" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>619 I. Karlovic</td> <td> +15000</td> <td width="120"><input name="radio018" value="riskType" checked="checked" type="radio">Risk <input name="radio018" value="toWinType" type="radio">To Win</td> <td width="77"><input name="C0P18" size="8" type="text"></td> </tr> <tr class="AlternatingData2"> <td> </td> <td>620 I. Ljubicic</td> <td> +15000</td></tr></tbody></table>

Feds at -165 if only for hedging purposes. and maybe Nalby, but it remains to be seen if he can maintain his recent resurgence over the break.

Nalby, but it remains to be seen if he can maintain his recent resurgence over the break.

Has a pretty good record at Melbourne Park if my memory serves me correct, but usually makes mountains out of his matches. Why take three sets when you can play in the 38 degree sun for five?? He will usually burn himself out by the start of the second week though.

Allistair is spot on with Nalby. I really don't understand this guy. His tactic is to simply play long matches and just out run his opponents.

Yea, big Dave does compete in long matches... that's for sure.

I'm not really interested in these futures until the draw is out. Of course Fed should reach the finals and win again and odds aren't that large for him atm, but you never know if he'll get a bad draw and have to face some tough opponents to get there. Others I might be interested in would be Novak, Tomas Berdych, Murray, Ancic all depends on the draw, but realistically Fed is gonna take this one again.

btw... is the draw out yet? I haven't seen one.

I'm not really interested in these futures until the draw is out. Of course Fed should reach the finals and win again and odds aren't that large for him atm, but you never know if he'll get a bad draw and have to face some tough opponents to get there. Others I might be interested in would be Novak, Tomas Berdych, Murray, Ancic all depends on the draw, but realistically Fed is gonna take this one again.

btw... is the draw out yet? I haven't seen one.

Novak is a good pick, but I wonder how he will handle the heat after a three month competitive break. Berdych is also good, but you can never depend on that guy's head. Speaking of head cases, Murray is even worse. The kid is talented, but will beat himself more than he will beat his opponents. Remember that 2 sets to 0 lead he threw away against Nadal last summer? Ancic? What's he done the last 12 months?

As for the draw, that won't be done until the week prior to the tournament. Like the golf, I'm going to be at the tennis quite a bit over summer!

No one else see any value with Djokovic. He's got the talent to win it all and I think this time away is really going to benefit the mental aspect of his game. He just looked drained and ready to give up during Shanghai. He needed a break.

No one else see any value with Djokovic. He's got the talent to win it all and I think this time away is really going to benefit the mental aspect of his game. He just looked drained and ready to give up during Shanghai. He needed a break.

Kid is soft, he isn't going to stand a chance under the Aussie sun. I love the Aussie Open because it exposes those players that lack the fitness and he certainly falls into that category.

Kid is soft, he isn't going to stand a chance under the Aussie sun. I love the Aussie Open because it exposes those players that lack the fitness and he certainly falls into that category.

What he said.

Although organisers are likely to give him an easy run to the latter stages with a plethora of night games.

Gasquet is too much of a ppuucy to win a slam.

There are only a few people who can challenge Federer......Nalby, Gonzo, Murray.

Rod-

I agree that young Novak is soft, but look at fatman Bagsy back in 2006......got all the way to the finals getting to play in the cushy dome and at night. The ATP is rigged....all sports are rigged.....hope the ATP rigs "against" Novak and makes him play in the heat to teach him a lesson.

No way in hell that Federer is going to be forced to play in the heat, so the chalk on him is probably worth it. When he gets to semis, you can always hedge out and lock in something.

Am just sick of losing money fading Federer.....it's stupid. Only time to fade him is with Nadal on red clay.....until I see otherwise.....end of story.

Ancic has serious hedge value.

But yeah, with no draw up yet, stupid to lay a bunch of money and let it ride for 2 months.

Ancic could fckuing draw Federer in round 2......then GOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would really throw the Aussie Open futures in to total chaos would be for Federer to get injured practicing.

Then once the news hit, if books didn't take the lines down, public peeps the world over would just start piling on the plus juice on people like Nadal, Nalby, Murray, etc......

Back