Aussie NBL Info needed (Rod Steele)

t-dot

Pretty much a regular
The Korean Basketball is starting up today.

The two teams opeing the season, each brought over an import from the NBL:

Bobby Brannen and Kevin Owens.

Are they guys slow half court players? Its the only thin I could think of for such a low total.

Never heard of a player impacting a total. It just depends on the teams set style of play.

Brannen's last 2 years at the NBL he averaged 16 points and 17 points. Owens avged almost 12 last year with Cairns. Brannen is a PF and Owens is a C so neither dictate pace.

The opening game is between Mobis and the Orions.

Mobis were the defending champs and play an open style. The style of play can be dictated by the strengths of the import player. Last year Mobis had Chris Williams (Marshall) and Chris Burgess ( Duke) lighting it up, but both those players left for Turkey.

So, I just needed to know if the two NBL guys are defensive players or more offensively minded. Also heard the team MVP wont be playing due to military obligations; I dunno know if most of the bookmakers are in the dark or what. Mobis lost its top 3 players from their championship team and replaced them with Kevin Owens and Keena Young (BYU).

Well Owens was good in the paint avg 54%, he's a horrible FT shooter tho only hitting on 44% last year with Cairns. He only avged like 23 min a game for them also. Brennan was also good inside the arc avg 45% in his few years in the NBL, pretty mediocre from 3 but to be expected of a PF. Both were good rebounders. Both have their advantages on the offensive end. I'm not real sure how the Korean League compares in talent to the NBL so they might be able to improve on that.

H2H between Owens and Brennan; who gets the better of each other?

This is what I know:

Mobis are the defending champs; but are expected to struggle.
Orions are a perennial play-off team
Mobis lost the 2 best imports in the league and replaced them with Young and Owens.
Orions are the only team to go 2-0 in the pre-season
Orions are at home.
The best remaining player; their floor general might also not be playing.

Im so tempted to unload on this. I just dont know if the bookmakers set the line because they were unaware of this info.

Hard to do a H2H with 2 players that play different positions. And it depends on the bookmaker your using for the play about if they are up on it. If your using a European book then mostly likely yes. But even offshore books will have a notion about it if they line it because they don't want to lose money. If you have a gut instinct about something then just go for it, worst case scenario you lose but gain more knowledge for the next game.

I played it at -1.5 -105 and Over 152.5 -105.

The lines now are -4 -105 and 158.5 -105 in the past few hours.

I dont think I'm not moving this; I hope no one is blind tailing for a lot of coin.

Got it confirmed, the Team MVP is fulfilling his military obligations and WILL not be playing this year.

So, their top 3 players are removed from the championship team a year ago.

Orions were also the highest scoring team last year at about 87 ppg.

But damn, these lines are fishy and cant make heads or tails on the reasoning for an opening line of 1.5 and 152,

Pinny has Mobis has Away team; newspapers here have them as the home team.

I wonder if that mistake could make the line short?

Would be a big fuckup if they mixed home and away. Nice that you got on it early before the movement, just shows your not alone in your thinking

:cheers:

92-83 Easily going over the number and cover.

Easily my biggest play of the year 12 units on the cover and 5 units on the spread.

Congrats on whoever was awake to tail.

KBL 2-0 +17 units

Back