August 2016 - July 2017 Soccer Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Soccer Overall 2013-2014 94W-120L-28P -28.72 units (43.92%)
Soccer August 2014 - July 2015 Overall 600W-564L-139P -5.97 units (51.54%)

Soccer August 2015 - July 2016 Overall 349W-312L-85P +15.14 units (52.79%)
Soccer August 2016 - July 2017 Overall 247W-235L-56P -6.89 units (51.24%)
(as of 4/16)

Well mates, ladies, and braves, it was a winning year, and that's all you can really ask for. We are off to a new year domestic season of kickball here now. Get ready.

My Domestic league predictions

- Man City
- PSG
- Barcelona
- Juventus
- Borussia Dortmund

Will make CL thread once the group stages are set

Last edited:
Rubin Kazan -118 to win 1 unit

I think Kazan will be more ready in this one, the difference in competition for the preseason friendlies is pretty big. Amkar Perm was playing teams in Russia/Central Asia to warm up. Rubin Kazan playing a couple in England, West Ham and Norwich, amongst other teams. I think this will lead them to be more prepared to open up the season.

PSG -137 to win 1 unit (Trophees des Champions)

PSG has won the last 3 Supercups pretty easily, last year that game was against Lyon. Lyon hasn't had a very good recent history against PSG. They beat them in the last game they played, however PSG went undefeated against them in the 8 games prior (2 draws). PSG missing Verratti and Cavani is an idiot but I see PSG taking this one 2-0. Also just so everyone knows this game is on neutral ground in Klagenfurt, Austria.

Ufa +1 (-110) to win 1 unit (Russian Premier League)

It is a rare occasion that I actually bet against Zenit, but I fear I must here (hopefully I won't regret it). These 2 teams have only played 4 games ever, with 2 draws and 2 1-0 wins for Zenit. I think with some early season rust, Zenit dominates possession but struggles to score. '

Now onto that shit league

DC United +118 to bet 1 unit

Colorado -127 to win 1 unit

Alright mates

Leicester +0.5 (+101) to bet 1 unit (FA Community Shield)

I am going against the grain here. Neither team had a very good preseason. Man U crushed Galatasaray, otherwise the Borussia Dortmund performance and the Everton performance was not good. What strikes me the most is that I am not sure the offensive is quite clicking together. Also, Chris Smalling is likely out of this game, Man U's strongest defender by far.

CSKA Moscow -147 to win 1 unit (Russian Premier League)

This is as square might get, and I'm positive that I did the same thing last year and the bet lost. Gazovik Orenburg is a newly promoted side that has never played in the Russian Premier League and CSKA is only -147? I know they didn't score in their first game, but there is the league champions ffs. Orenburg is some far off city in Russia that is on the Asian border near Kazakhstan. This is certainly a disadvantage for CSKA, they struggled on the road at times last year. However, given the talent gap, CSKA should win this game but I guess we will see.

onto that shit league

Portland +116 to bet 1 unit

Orlando +119 to bet 1 unit

Galaxy -106 to win 1 unit

PSG -1.5 (-104) to win 1 unit (French Ligue One)

Mates here we are. PSG has a few people missing but the moral to this story is they have beaten Bastia by 2 goals or more in every game since 2008. It is the first game of the league season, so rust can apply. However, I was impressed last week by the super cup performance against Lyon.

Zenit -186 to win 1 unit (Russian Premier League)

It's unreasonable to believe that one of the league favorites will go winless after 3 games. Zenit and Rostov play high scoring games for whatever reason every year. The last 2 games Rostov played in Leningrad, Zenit won 3-0.

White Caps +107 to bet 1 unit (the shit league)

Looks lads

Hull City +0.5 (-104) to win 1 unit

The fact of the matter is, I don't think anyone really knows whats going to happen with Leicester this year. Losing Kante will be huge, I believe they will keep everyone else. Leicester did actually play Hull last year in the League Cup in the midst of a great run. The game was scoreless through regulation and was won by Hull in penalties. I believe a motivated newly promoted Hull side will play well in their first home game, I like a draw here.

Crystal Palace +103 to bet 1 unit

I am not too confident in Crystal Palace this year, though some are calling them kind of the dark horse of the league this year. This is more of a bet against West Brom, who had one win on the road all of 2016 thus far.

Manchester City -2 (+127) to bet 1 unit

I simply expect for Man City to come out of the box with guns blazing

Lorient +0.5 (-138) to win 1 unit

Lorient owns Caen, they havent lost to them in 2 years. Caen is also struggled with a lot of injuries.

Spartak Moscow PK (-130) to win 1 unit

I expect a draw at worst , Rubin Kazan is not the same team as they were a few years ago, serious contenders for the Russian Premier League. In league play Rubin Kazan has not beat Spartak in five years home or away. Though relevant to Rubin Kazan is they signed Alex Song recently.

Galaxy -129 to win 1 unit

New England -108 to win 1 unit

well mates, today was a disaster. The Hull game was exciting and that was about all that went right. Not sure about Palace, I watched the last 30 seconds of that game. The Lorient game was shambolic, they go up 2-0 in the first 20 minutes only to go down a man and eventually go on to lose 3-2 in the final minutes. The MLS games idk. Hopeflly I'll turn it around for Sunday...

Bournemouth +0.5 (+112) to bet 1 unit

Is this a stupid bet? Maybe. I was thoroughly unimpressed by Man U against Leicester last week. The midfield couldn't get Ibra the ball, and he only scored a goal as the ref decided offsides didn't matter anymore and pushing Wes Morgan to the ground was OK. Bournemouth won this game at home last year. I think Bournemouth put up a fight this year.

Arsenal PK (-135) to win 1 unit

I think this is a pretty favorable line considering Liverpool hasn't won at the Emirates in 5 years. Arsenal is pretty steady at home, and I don't see Mane as the improvement that makes Liverpool a good team.

Toulouse +0.5 (-115) to win 1 unit

I have a friend thats a huge fan of OM and they say OM might get relegated. That's probably not going to happen, but Toulouse is equal enough to OM that I'll be willing to take + points.

Terek Grozny PK (-131) to win 1 unit

The Chechen capital is always tough to play in, last year Terek Grozny won this game 2-1/

Chicago -104 to win 1 unit

Seattle -140 to win 1 unit

thanks mate

Sevilla +1 (-129) to win 1 unit

This is a good team with some talent, I think in the early season they can hang in there with Barca.

adding another..

Borussia Dortmund +0.5 (-141) to win 1 unit

Somewhat of a "homer" pick, but I like them as previously mentioned to be better then Bayern this year.

Soccer August 2016 - July 2017 Overall 10W-16L-2P -7.63 units (38.46%)

Mates, I couldnt be happier that the season is back. However, this has not started well! No time for any thoughts this morning

West Ham +0.5 (+159) to bet 1 unit

Gazovik Orenburg PK (-112) to win 1 unit

Good luck to us today on the Hammers, mate, and good call on Hull. I wish I had read your observation before firing on Leicester, would have maybe scaled back a tad.

Didn't work out for us in the end CKR on the Hammers, really thought they would show up for that game. Costa with the 89th minute goal to fuck the dog. I am fade worthy to start the season

Man City -1 (-134) to win 1 unit

I don't know much about the Romanian side, but I know Pep will see it as critical to get the win in this game. I can't see any worse then a push on this game.

Young Boys +0.5 (-110) to win 1 unit

It feels a little weird to bet on a team called the Young Boys. I have a searing image of these guys jumping out 3-0 on Tottenham years ago only to get blown out in the second leg. Borussia Monchengladbach is a team that struggles on the road, I think Young Boys could hold on here.

tonight we dine in hell

Porto PK (-153) to win 1 unit

Spalletti did well with Zenit, and he had to deal with high expectations that were likely unrealistic. He has the same task with Roma, but on a much bigger stage. Roma was awful last year on the road, getting draws were they should have won, and losing to teams outright on the bottom half of the table. The Champions League was especially challenging on the road, giving up 6 to Barca, 4 to Borussia Monchengladbach and 3 to BATE. Roma have made it to the Group Stage of the CL the last 2 years, they did not win a road game once. Statistically speaking, Roma hasn't won a Champions League road game in nearly 6 years. They lost Pjanic to Juventus and haven't made any significant improvements. Porto is coming off a win to start the season, and is typically a team that performs in European competition. I could see a draw but expect a win.

Villarreal +104 to bet 1 unit

Villarreal had an incredible run at home last year, only losing 3 games and going on a 10 game unbeaten streak which included teams like Real Madrid and Sevilla. Villarreal has some problems on offense for this one, no Soldado or De Santos up front. However one of Monaco's biggest weaknesses are the defense, giving up 2 to Guingamp last week, a team that should be handling easily. I think Villarreal wins this 2-1.

Barcelona -1.5 (-113) to win 1 unit

This is one is over.

Southampton +1 (-107) to win 1 unit

Has anyone ever heard of Bill Simmons Patrick Ewing effect? I am a believer in it.

OL -1.5 (-101) to win 1 unit

Caen has a pretty poor record on the road while Lyon is the opposite, I feel good about this being an ass whopping.

Deportiva La Coruna -101 to win 1 unit

Deportiva is on a pretty amazing wrong of having won only one game at home in the year 2016. However, Eibar has a couple of players on reds that might give Deportiva that edge. The last 2 games at home have ended with Deportiva win 2-0 against Eibar both times.

Lads, OL was as lucky as bets get (penalty in the 5th minute of injury time at the end of the game). Hopefully this is the start of a hot streak.

Manchester City -1 (+103) to bet 1 unit

City looked much better in Romania in comparison to the shit show against Sunderland. Stoke has some critical pieces missing for tomorrow such as Shaqiri and Ireland. I think I should at least get the push.

Swansea -127 to win 1 unit

Hull got a good result last week, but the reality is this team is terrible and should lose most of their games this year.

Arsenal PK (-126) to win 1 unit

Arsenal still is plagued by injury problems and people being sidelined, but this week looks better then last. Koscielny should be starting this week, which should be helpful to the defense. Giroud and Ozil should play, that should also help. Even in Leicester hot run, last year Arsenal won both games against them. I believe at least a push here, but I feel about Arsenal getting all 3 points.

Monaco PK (+120) to bet 1 unit

A lot of players I don't recognize on this Monaco squad, but at + money against a team that they dominate, i'll take a bite.

Roma -1 (-117) to win 1 unit

Coming off Champions League (Even though I bet against them), I expect Roma to be a little more prepared for this game. Udinese hasn't made a lot of moves to improve the team that I am aware of. They have not beaten Roma since 2012.

Fiorentina +1 (+108) to bet 1 unit

While I think Juventus will blow away the league, I think they could struggle to start the season. They've made some great moves over the summer, Higaun, Pjanic, Benatia and Dani Alves are all good business despite the loss of Pogba. However I think just like last year they made have a slow start as they try to figure out the team. Higuan and Marchisio appear to be both out of the starting line up tomorrow as well. I think there is a good chance Fiorentina gets a point.

Zenit +110 to bet 1 unit

In theory the biggest game in Russia. CSKA hasn't had much luck against Zenit since 2014, I think that stays the same here.

Betis +2.5 (+109) to bet 1 unit

Risky bet but Barcelona is missing Iniesta and I like Betis to somewhat hang in there. Betis has lost every single game in the last decade to Barca but they've also only lost 2 of the games they've played by more then 2.

Galaxy PK (+124) to bet 1 unit

New England +109 to bet 1 unit

Dallas PK (+114) to bet 1 unit

The MLS crucified me, I dunno why I even bother

Middlesborough PK (-108) to win 1 unit

All the newly promoted teams will win this weekend? Hopefully. Too many injuries and players not wanting to for Sunderland to win this one.

West Ham +127 to bet 1 unit

After I crushing defeat last week to the hands of Costa I think West Ham pulls it back. A lot of guys missing, but I think they can overcome Bournesmouth with what they have.

Guingamp PK (-112) to win 1 unit

I might blindly bet against OM all year just to see how it goes.

AC Milan -108 to win 1 unit

Crazy stat, AC Milan hasn't lost to Torino at home in over 30 years. AC Milan coming into the league with a healthy squad. After a woeful end to the previous season, going winless in 5 straight at home, I think AC Milan opens the season with a bang.

Napoli -1 (-138) to win 1 unit

Higuan is gonna be a big loss, but lets not think this team is done and dusted. Hamsik, Insigne , Callejon and newly signed Milik can provide plenty of firepower to keep this team competing for 2nd place in the league this year.

Spartak Moscow PK (-129) to win 1 unit

Spartak very consistent at home. They haven't lost one since November.

Real Madrid -124 to win 1 unit

Ok Real Madrid is missing a few players but I feel this line is too good to just miss.

DC United PK (PK -108) to win 1 unit

Seattle -148 to win 1 unit

Soccer August 2016 - July 2017 Overall 25W-27L-5P -3.97 units (48.07%)

I must be quick here

Arsenal Tula PK (-136) to win 1 unit

Celto Vigo -155 to win 1 unit

burn

Monaco PK (-135) to win 1 unit

What I missed last week, I won't miss this week. Villarreal is in a lot of trouble on the injury side. Dos Santos, Soldado, and Cheryshev are all out of this game. The strike force is pretty depleted. Villarreal is also terrible on the road. They only got all 3 points on the road 5 times last year. Villarreal also has had a pretty bad pre-season, winning no games. Monaco's problem is on the defensive side, but with a injury laden Villarreal I expect at least a push on this one.

Roma -129 to win 1 unit

I guess I am just reversing my bets from last week. Roma is flying high right now, getting the draw against a highly favored Porto and then crushing Udinese 4-0. I like them to take this one.

Salzsburg -124 to win 1 unit

This team is incredible at home, they've lost like 2 games in 2 years. Actually it's more, but they have lost only 1 game in 2016 at home and have 2 draws, everything else is wins.

FC Rostov PK (+106) to bet 1 unit

This should be a pretty good game I think, with Rostov taking the advantage away by getting a draw in the Netherlands. Russia is always a tough place to play for western european countries, the travel alone. Rostov got a good result on the weekend 3-0, offensively they are playing well. Ajax is going to come fast and heavy I think, with Rostov getting some goals on the counter.

Columbus -113 to win 1 unit

New England +0.5 (+107) to bet 1 unit

gotta make this quick

Tottenham PK (-116) to win 1 unit

Leicester -141 to win 1 unit

Man U -1 (-136) to win 1 unit

Nice PK (-126) to win 1 unit

BvB -1.5 (-124) to win 1 unit

Gladbach +149 to bet 1 unit

Lazio +0.5 (+109) to bet 1 unit

Napoli -156 to win 1 unit

CSKA -150 to win 1 unit

Valencia PK (-101) to win 1 unit

Philadelphia PK (-149) to win 1 unit

Galaxy -1 (-104) to win 1 unit

West Brom PK (-141) to win 1 unit

West Ham +1.5 (+115) to bet 1 unit

PSG -130 to win 1 unit

Freiburg +0.5 (+110) to bet 1 unit

Hoffenheim PK (-130) to wi n1 unit

Inter -1.5 (-110) to win 1 unit

Udinese +110 to bet 1 unit

Terek Grozny +128 to bet 1 unit

Barcelona -177 to win 1 unit

New England +1 (-101) to win 1 unit

Seattle +128 to bet 1 unit

Orlando PK (-130) to win 1 unit

Poland -175 to bet 1 unit

Crazy, Kazakhstan hasn't even won a game at home in 2 years, in the famous 7-1 Kyrgyzstan beat down.

Scotland -1 (-134) to win 1 unit

Scotland is pretty woeful, but against Malta I would hope I would at least get the push here.

Switzerland PK (-106) to win 1 unit

Have a feeling Portugal go on a post-Euro hangover for a bit...

PSG -1.5 (-107) to win 1 unit

PSG at home is pretty dominate while St. Ettiene is struggling against Beitar Jerusalem on the road. no Thiago Silva for PSG tomorrow.

Bayern -1.5 (-115) to win 1 unit

I expect Bayern to jump out to a pretty hot start to the season as they always do.

Espanyol +0.5 (-119) to win 1 unit

If Espanyol have proven anything this year, its that they can score (maybe not defend). Real Sociedad is missing some key players uch as Aggiretxe

gotta go quick here...

Hull City PK (+116) to bet 1 unit

Leicester +1 (-127) to win 1 unit

Lyon -162 to win 1 unit

Borussia Dortmund -162 to win 1 unit

Juventus -1.5 (+107) to bet 1 unit

Palermo +1.5 (-115) to win 1 unit

CSKA -188 to win 1 unit

Las Palmas +1 (+111) to bet 1 unit

Chelsea -167 to win 1 unit

Nice PK (-162) to win 1 unit

Augsburg PK (+127) to bet 1 unit

Mainz +105 to bet 1 unit

Bologna +120 to bet 1 unit

AC Milan -1 (+112) to bet 1 unit

Pescara +0.5 (+108) to bet 1 unit

Zenit -172 to win 1 unit

Deprotiva La Coruna +0.5 (-135) to win 1 unit

friends I am back

Tottenham -1 (-125) to win 1 unit

PSG -2 (+120) to bet 1 unit

Bayern +125 to bet 1 unit

Udinese +0.5 (+116) to bet 1 unit

Juventus -2.5 (+108) to bet 1 unit

Atletico Madrid PK (-138) to win 1 unit

Chelsea -190 to win 1 unit

OM -132 to win 1 unit

Hoffenheim -1 (-132) to win 1 unit

Eintracht Frankfurt PK (-108) to win 1 unit

Inter PK (-112) to win 1 unit

Zenit -1.5 (-108) to win 1 unit

Athletic Bilbao +111 to bet 1 unit

Bayer Leverkusen +110 to bet 1 unit

Juventus +111 to bet 1 unit

Leicester City -1 (-119) to win 1 unit

Manchester City +122 to bet 1 unit

Leicester +123 to bet 1 unit

West Ham +0.5 (+134) to bet 1 unit

PSG -192 to win 1 unit

Wolfsburg +118 to bet 1 unit

RB Leipzig -0.5 (+104) to bet 1 unit

Juventus -1.5 (+137) to bet 1 unit

Zenit PK (-129) to win 1 unit

Barcelona -116 to win 1 unit

Bournemouth +0.5 (+123) to bet 1 unit

Man U +108 to bet 1 unit

Nancy +0.5 (+112) to bet 1 unit

Darmstadt PK (-110) to win 1 unit

Eintracht Frankfurt PK (+100) to bet 1 unit

AC Milan -1.5 (-104) to win 1 unit

Roma PK (-124) to win 1 unit

Fiorentina -1.5 (-113) to win 1 unit

Valencia -131 to win 1 unit

Terek Grozny +0.5 (-122) to win 1 unit

Hull City +0.5 (+113) to bet 1 unit

Bologna +0.5 (-114) to win 1 unit

Spartak Moscow -145 to win 1 unit

Real Sociedad PK (-136) to win 1 unit

OM PK (-136) to win 1 unit

Eintracht Frankfurt PK (-126) to win 1 unit

Malaga -1 (+117) to bet 1 unit

Everton PK (-128) to win 1 unit

Sunderland +0.5 (-130) to win 1 unit

Manchester City -143 to win 1 unit

Bordeaux +0.5 (-125) to win 1 unit

Bayern Munich -2.5 (+108) to bet 1 unit

Hertha Berlin -136 to win 1 unit

Crotone PK (-122) to win 1 unit

Sampdoria +0.5 (-151) to win 1 unit

Real Madrid -2 (-111) to win 1 unit

Seattle +165 to bet 1 unit

GL mate, on a couple, against a couple. Think Seattle should be closer to +265 to +300 no? I guess that could be to lift the cup and not ML?

West Brom +1.5 (+115) to bet 1 unit

Tottenham +0.5 (-131) to win 1 unit

Liverpool -2 (+118) to bet 1 unit

Nice +1.5 (-116) to win 1 unit

Gladbach -135 to win 1 unit

Schalke PK (-139) to win 1 unit

Cagliari +1 (+118) to bet 1 unit

Juventus -117 to win 1 unit

Inter -146 to win 1 unit

Celta Viga PK (-106) to win 1 unit

Soccer August 2016 - July 2017 Overall 71W-80L-21P -17.40 units (47.01%)

Roma -1 (+105) to bet 1 unit

Villarreal +0.5 (+101) to bet 1 unit

Back