Attn: Scarf 31 and Two Utes

In normal years this would be a play on Utah. I'm sure many are licking their chops getting points with USC.

Utah is a different animal at home and would usually be an auto play but this defense has huge problems. Kuithe being out has definitely hurt the ability for big plays as well. We won't even get into the Tavion Thomas sideshow.

I hate to tell you to take the Utes, I would be hesitant to do so. Obviously, they will win comfortably now.

Trojans are so public that even SVP is backing the Utes ;)
Of course he is. I'd expect most of the media honks to be on them.

Tomorrow is also some tribute helmet to Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe. I think they are a little tacky personally but the team wants it. You never know what fires up 18-23 year olds these days.

In normal years this would be a play on Utah. I'm sure many are licking their chops getting points with USC.

Utah is a different animal at home and would usually be an auto play but this defense has huge problems. Kuithe being out has definitely hurt the ability for big plays as well. We won't even get into the Tavion Thomas sideshow.

I hate to tell you to take the Utes, I would be hesitant to do so. Obviously, they will win comfortably now.
I 100% agree with this sentiment. Everything screams Utah in the situational spot and their home field is just awesome.

The issue is that this team is not the typical push-you-around squad Whitt normal puts on the field.

They are not winning the battles in the trenches they have done for so long and the D line for sure isn't as fierce. Losing a playmaker like Lloyd running all over the field is showing this year has had a huge effect on the overall defense's strength.

The Kuithe loss is HUGE. He was the playmaker they could go to so they could kickstart the offense to get in rhythm. And for as trash as they've looked in spots this year, the USC defense showed signs of life in Corvalis and last week vs. Wazzou. Are they getting better or is it just all turnover luck? I'm not sure.

Gun to head, give me the points with the Trojans. In a perfect world the home team wins by 3 and everyone's happy.

Back