ATS SOS & Unranked vs Ranked

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
FWIW:

By my count the team with the better SOS is 11-5 covering ATS in the Bowls ( dropping out Minn/Syr, Mich/Kst and Tex/Ore who's SOS were all within a close range). One of the losses in the 11-5 record was Wazzu...which is game they had won and coaching etc..lost them the W and the cover

Also, an unranked team playing a ranked squad is 4-1 ATS so far....Ws: USC, Utah St, Rutgers and Tex Tech. The only ATS loss was Miami.

We have an unranked Va Tech vs ranked UCLA going today

Just noting if u care

12-31-13 SOS continues in effect:

AZ & UCLA & Miss St. win & cover ATS:
AZ #19 BC#47
UCLA#6 VaTech#41.
Messy's#8 Rice#103

Tonite's game: A&M #29 and Duke #62

The Unranked vs Ranked now 4-2 with UCLA's cover.
We have remaining in unranked vs ranked:
Nebraska vs #22 Georgia [ SOS Neb#59 Ga#9]
Iowa vs #16 LSU [SOS #40 vs #27]

P.S. As we now know, December 31st ended the Under total streak with 3 Overs to start the day...actually Favorites and Over.

If my count is correct we also have favorites covering at 13-7 so far through the Liberty Bowl

Last edited:
Thanks, Bones. Looks like better SOS is Zona over BC today, if I am correct.

Correct....but I lean BC

Biggest SOS difference today I see is Messy St vs Rice.....I'm from Houston, been to many games over the years and like Bailiff etc....

Rice beat Marshall for USA conference championship, are 4-0 coming into the game and are 4-2 on the road, and have a 10-3 record

Messy State's 6-6, 1-3 away games and 2-2 last 4 games

SOS I have is Messy State #8 and Rice #103

I'm going with Messy State

Correct....but I lean BC

Biggest SOS difference today I see is Messy St vs Rice.....I'm from Houston, been to many games over the years and like Bailiff etc....

Rice beat Marshall for USA conference championship, are 4-0 coming into the game and are 4-2 on the road, and have a 10-3 record

Messy State's 6-6, 1-3 away games and 2-2 last 4 games

SOS I have is Messy State #8 and Rice #103

I'm going with Messy State

Probably the smart play.
I'm on the OWLs.
Really glad what they accomplished this year.

SOS 3-0 so far today ( I am 2-1 since i went against the trend in BC vs Zona )

Also, Unders trend is broken. Favorites & Over 3-0

SOS shouldn't be ignored... :shake:

Like any other factor, it's not perfect. But no denying that is important...which is why i linked (and posted) some of the various SOS rankings.

SOS shouldn't be ignored... :shake:

Like any other factor, it's not perfect. But no denying that is important...which is why i linked (and posted) some of the various SOS rankings.

All thanks to you....you the man that got me most interested in tracking this whole thing

Back