Atlanta vs. Philadelphia, Houston vs. Baltimore, and San Diego vs. Colorado Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Today's MLB Parlay at (+506) Features Underdog Rockies

Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:05 p.m. ET at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia

Who Starts for Atlanta?

Jake Odorizzi starts for the Braves tonight.

Odorizzi has rarely shown any consistency in terms of helping his team win games in which he starts.

Whether he was an Astro or Brave, his team only won consecutive games in which he started when it involved a majorly losing team, such as Detroit.

Overall, he has cost his backers, and he has done so especially on the road.

Odorizzi vs. Philly Batters

Primarily, Odorizzi favors his fastball, cutter, and split finger.

These three pitches make up almost 90 percent of his arsenal.

Philly batters merit optimism tonight because they rank fourth in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Philadelphia Tonight?

Aaron Nola starts for the Phillies tonight.

Nola is in a great spot tonight because he is coming off a bad start in which he allowed more than three runs.

This season, Nola has proven to be an excellent bounce-back pitcher.

In seven of nine starts immediately following one in which he yielded over three runs, he yielded two or fewer runs.

He allowed one run or zero runs in many of those starts.

Tonight, I expect a sort of repetition of his April 29 and May 5 starts against the same team, the Mets.

Nola wasn't great on April 29, but then he bounced back to allow one run in seven innings against the same lineup.

Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles
Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:05 p.m. ET at Camden Yards in Baltimore

Who Starts for Houston?

Jose Urquidy starts for the Astros tonight.

Urquidy looks reliable tonight because he handles the Orioles well, historically speaking.

He enjoys a 2.70 ERA in three career starts against Baltimore.

Urquidy vs. Oriole Batters

Tonight's Astro starter favors four pitchers: his fastball, changeup, curveball, and slider.

While his pitches don't generally enjoy nice velocity or spin, they prove to be rather elusive because they have significantly more movement than average.

He does also have a nice mixture of pitches that he is comfortable throwing, and he remains less predictable by relying on this variety and by also varying his location.

Oriole batters don't match up well with him in the sense that they rank below average against his favorite pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Baltimore?

Dean Kremer starts for the Orioles tonight.

Throughout the entirety of this season, Kremer has been an excellent "under" pitcher.

Overall, the "under" is hitting in 72.2 percent of his starts.

Pertinently to my favorite paly for this game, the "under" is especially solid in his home starts.

When he starts in Baltimore, the "under" is 7-1 so far.

Kremer's Strong Form

Kremer enters this game in solid form, having allowed two earned runs or fewer in six of his last seven starts.

Crucially, he is limiting the scoring of even those division rivals that match up well against him in view of which pitches he throws.

Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres
Friday, September 23, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at Petco Park in San Diego

Who Starts for San Diego?

Lefty Sean Manaea starts for San Diego today.

One should automatically look to distrust left-handed away team pitchers competing in Coors Field because the Rockies thrive against left-handed pitching in general, and they are generally much stronger at home.

Specifically, they rank third in slugging against Manaea's favorite pitches from lefties.

Who Starts for Colorado?

Ryan Feltner starts for the Rockies tonight.

Feltner throws three pitches over 18 percent of the time: his fastball, slider, and sinker.

The Padres rank 22nd in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Colorado's Great Spot

It is evident that the Rockies don't take getting swept well -- they just lost four in a row to San Francisco.

This season, Colorado is 6-1 in the first game following one in which their opponent secured the series sweep.

Best Bet: Parlay Phillies ML at -151, Astros/Orioles Under 7.5 at -110, Rockies RL (+1.5) at -110 at +506 odds with BetOnline

Damn, I agree w Phillies but didn’t realize they were that expensive! Obviously a huge starting pitcher mismatch and Braves offense was horrid yesterday facing ranger Suarez for a 2nd straight time! Unfortunately I Didn’t see that coming! Lol. Just tough to lay that much juice against the consistently much better team, if you gonna fade the Braves I def think when oderizzi on the bump as good a time as any!

Braves have too many guys lost at the plate right now. Want no part of backing Odorizzi. Not sure if Acuña is gonna ho tonight. Philly for me.

You not kidding. I sat there in disbelief as they couldn’t do shit against Ranger seeing him for 2nd straight start!

Back